New DP perk-any first hand accounts yet??(BOGO speciality restaurant)

PH8

I was on the MN,the day the new perks came out.I was sitting with the LA and she showed me the list. On there,it said one of the new perks would be: Buy one,Get one free(BOGO) dinner at a speciality restaurant the first night of the cruise.

As I had just booked a 5 night cruise,I commented now I know what I can do with my (whopping) $25 OBC..:)

Came home on June 7th and have not found this perk listed anywhere.Thought I was losing it(no comments needed:p)......so after a few days,I emailed the LA and she confirmed it was indeed to be a perk and she will let me know as soon as she sees the new coupon book.(which I thought was strange its going to be in there)......

I emailed C and A too to see what they said.....and heres what they said:

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any delay in our response. The

benefit that you are referring is given out in the form of a voucher in the

Diamond Plus Ultimate Value Booklet that you receive in your stateroom.

Unfortunately, we are unable to make pre-sailing reservations at this time for

this benefit. However, you can contact the specialty restaurant upon boarding to

make a reservation for that evening.

Ok, so I was wondering if anyone has actually seen the new coupon book with this voucher in it yet?/

Please someone reply !!!

We leave tomorrow for the Independence and I will definitely be looking for this perk in my Diamond+ booklet. I might even print off your post PH8 and take it with me as proof of the new perk:D

Never mind might, I HAVE printed a copy

Please someone reply !!!

We leave tomorrow for the Independence and I will definitely be looking for this perk in my Diamond booklet. I might even print off your post PH8 and take it with me as proof of the new perk:D

It will be in the DP booklets,not D..

Yes , I know , I amended my post:D. We ARE Diamond plus incase you were wondering.

Is the perk definitely only available on the first night?

Yes, thats the deal..............I think because that's the least busy time..

Thanks Kathy for the news which is a real plus for Diamond Plus Members!:D

I just wonder how they are going to handle this if there are a lot of D+ on any cruise and they all take advantage of the coupon. :eek:

Limiting it to the first night might be a challenge on some cruises.

I just wonder how they are going to handle this if there are a lot of D+ on any cruise and they all take advantage of the coupon. :eek:

Probably first come first served, once the restaurant is full no more bookings taken. It will be interesting to see whether they allow pre-booking via the website as, once this becomes common knowledge and D+ know they will get the voucher, I could imagine that first night will regularly become booked up prior to the sailing.

To the OP - can't you print off a copy of the benefits from the website just in case you don't have the voucher. This page is from the UK site but the benefits are the same and it's shown on there under new onboard benefits http://www.crownandanchorsociety.co.uk/php/diamond_plus.php

Probably first come first served, once the restaurant is full no more bookings taken. It will be interesting to see whether they allow pre-booking via the website as, once this becomes common knowledge and D+ know they will get the voucher, I could imagine that first night will regularly become booked up prior to the sailing.

To the OP - can't you print off a copy of the benefits from the website just in case you don't have the voucher. This page is from the UK site but the befits are the same http://www.crownandanchorsociety.co.uk/php/diamond_plus.php

If they are going to go by first come first serve..........believe me that will not go over very well and is really not fair.

Unfortunately the BOGO isn't listed under D+ Benefits on our site here in the US.:(

See, they thought of you guys across the pond before us.:D

To the OP - can't you print off a copy of the benefits from the website just in case you don't have the voucher. This page is from the UK site but the benefits are the same and it's shown on there under new onboard benefits http://www.crownandanchorsociety.co.uk/php/diamond_plus.php

wow.....see its listed under your benefits.......but not here in the US........

Kathy (PH8).. Any luck getting Tempura in Jade Sushi this time?

Didnt ask.............had dinner there one night with some officers and I got the filet.........that was HUGE!! I couldnt even finish it..........

You think every DP member would want to go??

I wonder on average how many DP are on any given cruise..:confused::confused:

I don't understand why you wouldn't just pre-book as normal, and then hand them the coupon when you go into the restaurant?

I don't understand why you wouldn't just pre-book as normal, and then hand them the coupon when you go into the restaurant?

Because you can't........see the reply from C and A in my first post..

Someone on one of my roll calls brought up an interesting point in that maybe they figure by offering it on the first night it won't be used by many due to fatigue from traveling.:eek:

If that's the case.........then why offer it at all?

Someone on one of my roll calls brought up an interesting point in that maybe they figure by offering it on the first night it won't be used by many due to fatigue from traveling.:eek:

So those of us who arent tired ,can go..:)

Because you can't........see the reply from C and A in my first post..

Don't understand. I can go online any time up to four days befor a cruise and pre-reserve a specialty rest. Are you saying that as a D+ you can't pre-reserve a specialty rest.?, or that they will refuse to honor your coupon if you do?

Don't understand. I can go online any time up to four days befor a cruise and pre-reserve a specialty rest. Are you saying that as a D+ you can't pre-reserve a specialty rest.?, or that they will refuse to honor your coupon if you do?
I dont know any more details than what I posted........that is why I started this thread(to see if anyone has first hand experience)

You mean like those that go on back to backs and get upgraded to the Royal Suite. Like that would ever happen.:D
Hmmmmmmmm............I recall that happening to someone I know;)

Because then they can add it to their list of perks that cost them little or nothing. They want to offer lots of perks at the least cost.

Also as you said before, what if there are too many D+ members onboard? I guess their projections tell them that X % will take advantage that first night.

I find this interesting in several ways.

First off, my memory isn't as good as it never was, but I thought the last 3-4 cruises we were on this year had coupon books that were identified as "Diamond/Diamond Plus". Will there be new books for each level now?

I don't know how having it first-come/first-served is unfair. How else would you do it? Even if you could book pre-cruise, once the seats are gone, there are no more to be had. If the benefit is for the first night, then by definition it is capacity controlled/limited. I suspect bookings made pre-cruise will not have the voucher honored.

Now there is another reason to board as early as possible, but remember, you can't "officially" get to your cabin to get the voucher until 1:00 (now people will be busting another rule to get theirs early). And, just in case your luggage doesn't get to your cabin before dinner, you need to dress appropriately or have something nicer than typical travel clothes or the "dress-code police" will be all over you. :eek:

Patti, you are spot on - many people will take anything as long as it's free (even if they didn't really want it). I suspect the restaurants are normally under-utilized on the first night and they are probably expecting to get them more fully booked. I hope this doesn't escalate into a war between D+ members to get the limited seats. If this is how it is, I expect some unhappy posts in the near future.

As far as a perk that doesn't cost them much, if it saves me $25-30, I don't care if it costs them a dime.

Archived