What's with "feet"

What is the fascination with taking a picture of your feet? How come so many pictures that I see on Flickr are of people's feet? Not as many "feet" pictures here but still enough so that it leaves me wondering. Granted they are nice "feet" pictures but why do it?

We do an album for our kids (we have seven) called "Follow Our Footsteps". So they can all see where we've been. (Cruising is 'our time'. No kids allowed. We take them camping and water skiing. :D) We try to take photos of our feet with interesting things in the places/countries we visit. It's just fun. I don't know other's motivation.

I have to say I prefer feet pix to the ones that are obviously taken at arm's length. My kids do those 'self-portraits' ALL THE TIME with their cell phones. I don't get it. Maybe it's generational.

Robin

LOL. I take feet pictures because (1) I can take a picture of my feet very easily - a self-portrait if you will, (2) because I always try to have nicely pedicured feet!, and (3) wherever my feet have been, the rest of me has too so when I go through my photo album I say "these are my feet in London" "here's my feet in the Bahamas" and soon..."here's my feet in Alaska!"

Does that answer anything or just sound like a crazy way to rationalize it? Basically, I'm the photographer and it's easier to do that the one-armed self-portrait!

It's a photographers thing. Photography is about different perspectives. We take pictures from the waist down as well. It's kind of a life style photography type of thing. Just like when you do maternity pictures with a professional photographer, they will take sideways pictures of the belly down. :)

The first one I did was looking down in thigh deep water & still being able to see my feet. Not something that is possible at our beaches. At the time I wasn't sure we would travel that way again & I needed to show people how clear the water was. Now it has just become a thing. My husband takes pictures of my feet primarily because of that first one. It's a way for him to tease me! LOL! I have not done the hammock thing yet though. So, for me, it's mostly, "Wow...look where my feet are!"

Towanda

I often take pictures of my feet. It is just just sort of my view of the moment. I agree with it being like a self portrait. It is a perspective thing. Definitely some of my favorite pictures. :)

BTW - None of mine are on Flickr.

Ooo...yup...I'm one of the many feet photographers too! :p...I make photobooks of our trips and there is always one photo of a foot shot! I take 98% of our pictures, if I didn't take some of my feet...I wouldn't have very many of me on our trips! ;)

The end of the Freedom Trail - Boston

ry%3D400

• 3 weeks later...
What is the fascination with taking a picture of your feet? How come so many pictures that I see on Flickr are of people's feet? Not as many "feet" pictures here but still enough so that it leaves me wondering. Granted they are nice "feet" pictures but why do it?

My daughter always takes photos of her feet, but........... its to show off her shoes, she 's her shoes!

Kerrie

• 3 weeks later...
It's a photographers thing. Photography is about different perspectives.
Naah: it's a girl thing.

All those pretty toes, in pretty nail polish..? :D

I'm yet to see any big ole ugly ManFeet shots and frankly don't care to either.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived