Question on proposal and alcohol rules..

cantwait10

i have a question..., im planning on proposing to my girlfriend on our 8/22 rccl cruise..the ring is in the process of being custom made and set as we speak...so i have been thinking constantly about how im going to do this....my question is, if after dinner we went to a bar or lounge, can we purchase a whole bottle of wine or champagne and walk out with the open bottle and our glasses if i asked her to go for a walk on deck with our wine or soemthing like that? or do they only serve by the glass..?

What a romantic place to become engaged.

Why not wait until you arrive at the ship and have a look around. You surely will sight the perfect location and know right away when you see it that is where you want to propose to the lucky lady.

If you decide your cabin in the best place, maybe you'd like to arrange in advance to have the champagne delivered to your cabin being iced in champagne bucket while you are at dinner. Perhaps order some chocolate covered strawberries. :) Maybe some roses or even just one long stem rose.

You can find a way to suggest to your honey you'd like to return to the cabin whenever you think is just the right time.

Lots of good wishes.

while i would love to be proposed to out on the top deck with the moonlight stroking the ocean seas, i think in reality, the balcony of your cabin will be best, for two reasons..

You still get most of the view i described above *and* you have the privacy in case she's REALLY happy that you proposed *wink wink*

VIDEO CAMERAS TO ENSURE NO ONE FALLS OVERBOARD OR THERE IS A FIRE ALA PRINCESS a few years ago

Nuff said - you've been warned

Let your choice be YOUR choice and not a suggestion from here . . . make it special for YOU TWO not someone here.

VIDEO CAMERAS TO ENSURE NO ONE FALLS OVERBOARD OR THERE IS A FIRE ALA PRINCESS a few years ago

Nuff said - you've been warned

Let your choice be YOUR choice and not a suggestion from here . . . make it special for YOU TWO not someone here.

lolol i wasn't suggesting becomign part of the balcony club.. just that two steps away is your cabin as opposed to travelling several decks and hallways ;)

of course the OP should make his choice for what will be best for him..but suggestions and ideas can never hurt, especially when asking on a message board.

Congratulations on the impending proposal, which I see is a little more than two months away. All the best to the two of you. Coming from me, a woman, would you consider this -

proposing at sunset so she can see the ring?...

After dinner is lovely and romantic, but it will be pitch dark. If you're OK with the fact that she may not be able to get a good look at her ring, then by all means do the after-dinner scenario. I'm just saying that if you are going to the trouble of having the ring custom made, she's going to want to have a good look at it. Daylight or twilight would be fabulous for this. Trust me, we women remember "the proposal". :)

But, again, your decision. I appreciate you asking for ideas and advice here. It's nice that you want help to make this a very special occasion.

hmmmmm balcony club?? :) lol

sounds good!

we have 6:00 dinner seating, if we got back to the room by 7:30-8:00 (i can say i want to change) would it be totally dark already? i see what your saying though..hmmmmm...i would do it on our balcony during disembarking..but i would like to be totall yout to sea..it would be nicer in the middle of nowhere i think...

thanks for the advice everyone, please, by all means keep the advice coming if you would like to add anything

someone on my roll call board said this....

I honestly don't know if you can purchase a whole bottle. I'd think not, since they don't usually let you take the bottle you have in the MDR back to your room (instead they cork it and serve you another night). Have you called the gifts department to ask about what options you have?

is that true or will i be able to in a bar or lounge if need be? i know some of you said you think i will be able to...

...we have 6:00 dinner seating, if we got back to the room by 7:30-8:00 (i can say i want to change) would it be totally dark already?

You are sailing in the Caribbean, where the sun sets earlier. Yes, it will be dark already.

I agree - I think it would be more romantic to propose at sea. Or what about in St. Maarten? Are you having a beach day? You could float the ring in the bottom of her Pina Colada. :D No wait, too messy.... :p

What about before dinner? The first sea day will be your first Formal Night. You could have formal portraits taken with her wearing her sparkling new engagement ring. :)

Your other alternative would be at a port of call. Are you visiting somewhere that has any significance for the 2 of you? For example, if i were to become engaged, I think it would be kinda cool for it to happen in Rome, because that place has special memories for us (as it was the first port we visited on our 1st vacation together - and my first visit of a city outside of the US!).

I'd also go along with the other poster, do it where it won't be pitch black so she can see the ring, you're going through the trouble to have it custom made, might as well be able to savor her reaction you know?

How awesome for you!

You are sailing in the Caribbean, where the sun sets earlier. Yes, it will be dark already.

I agree - I think it would be more romantic to propose at sea. Or what about in St. Maarten? Are you having a beach day? You could float the ring in the bottom of her Pina Colada. :D No wait, too messy.... :p

What about before dinner? The first sea day will be your first Formal Night. You could have formal portraits taken with her wearing her sparkling new engagement ring. :)

No,No, No....... NOT on the beach. What if you or she drops the ring in the sand? Could spend the rest of your afternoon trying to find it!! :eek:

OP: You can purchase a bottle of wine, champagne from either Room Service or any bar and bring it anywhere on the ship you wish. Once you buy it on board, it is yours! Obviously, it might not be the best taste to lug it into the show lounge and start popping the loud cork but that wouldn't fit your plans anyway.

Wherever you pop the question, don't wait too long into the cruise. If she is half way expecting it, she will not be able to enjoy the cruise until you do - thinking maybe she is wrong. After dinner the first night would be my "suggestion"

On formal night, when she's all dressed up and asking how she looks, tell her there's something missing, but that you can't quite work it out...

then get down on bended knee and propose... tell her the ring will finish her outfit nicely.

I read here about someone who had the photographers primed to have her turn round then when she turned back he was on bended knee and they took photos of it all as it happened. This works if she isn't shy and you're pretty sure she;ll say yes.:D

Archived