We took the Venice People Mover to the Ruby Princess

whatcruiseisnext

The People Mover is up and running to the Cruise ship port. We just returned yesterday from the Ruby Princess Greek ISles Cruise...which was fabulous by the way. When we boarded her on June 10, we were told by our hotel operator that it had just opened a few days before to the cruise ship terminal. You go to the Piazzale Roma. Walk to the back part of the Piazzale Roma. You will see a building with signs on it for the People Mover. You enter below and there is an English speaking attendant. You purchase your ticket which is 1 Euro each. You must have Euros to do this. You then take an escalator up to the platform to board. Once on board you get off at the first stop. You will see the ship and it is announced. There is no extra charge for your luggage. It runs continulously until 9pm at night. Once we were checked in on the ship, we took the People mover back into Venice. In the end, we turned in our ship transfers which all automatically charged to your shipboard account and used the People Mover instead. Please ask if you have any questions and I will try to answer.

We will be disembarking in Venice. Can you please tell us where we will find the People Mover in the cruise port terminal when we debark the ship? Thanks for all advice.

If you copy and paste these numbers into the search maps field of Google maps, you will have the exact location of the port station of the people mover. It will be the green arrow.

Don't forget the comma. The satellite view shows the port area. The building to the south is the passenger terminal building. The piazzale Roma station is directly to the right a few hundred yards over a canal.

. Once we were checked in on the ship, we took the People mover back into Venice. .

I know that there is a stop at the marritima and another one in piazzale roma ,do you know where else? we want to go from the ship to saint marc ,which way is better u think ,the people mover or the Alilaguna ??

I know that there is a stop at the marritima and another one in piazzale roma ,do you know where else? we want to go from the ship to saint marc ,which way is better u think ,the people mover or the Alilaguna ??

The only other stop for the people mover is at the parking island Tronchetto You don't want to go there.

With or without luggage? With luggage, I would take the direct alilaguna M line. (No transfers required)

Without luggage, I would take the people mover then the no 1 Vaporetto to have a nice overview of the Grand Canal. If returning to the ship, you could then walk via Rialto, Frari church to P Roma and then people mover back to the port.

If you copy and paste these numbers into the search maps field of Google maps, you will have the exact location of the port station of the people mover. It will be the green arrow.

Don't forget the comma. The satellite view shows the port area. The building to the south is the passenger terminal building. The piazzale Roma station is directly to the right a few hundred yards over a canal.

Trying to learn about GPS for our Europe cruise. So I'm assuming that the number you posted is called "coordinates" yes? And where did/do you get these numbers from? Thanks

We took the Peoplemover with luggage without any problem. It is a 35 minute walk from the Piazzale Roma to St. Mark Square. There is good signage. The People Mover is not in the cruise port terminal. The stop at the cruise port terminal is about a 5 minute walk away on sidewalks. Very easy. You get off the ship, walk toward the overhead tracks of the People Mover and follow the signs. From the ship, take the one going to Piazzale Roma. It is the first stop going from the ship. There are two Peoplemovers each going in opposite directions constantly. Once you are in Piazzale Roma take the blue bus to the Airport. Cost of the bus is 3 Euros. We did this in reverse. Took the bus from the airport...walked to our hotel from Piazzale Roma. Stayed in a charming hotel near Piazzale Roma that we were very happy with. Then walked all over Venice for 2 days pre-cruise. Took the People Mover with our luggage to the ship without any problems. We are not exactly young either......57 and 58 and it was easily doable for us.

The only other stop for the people mover is at the parking island Tronchetto You don't want to go there.

With or without luggage? With luggage, I would take the direct alilaguna M line. (No transfers required)

Without luggage, I would take the people mover then the no 1 Vaporetto to have a nice overview of the Grand Canal. If returning to the ship, you could then walk via Rialto, Frari church to P Roma and then people mover back to the port.

Venice is a port day ,so no luggage.I checked the vaporetto fares,there is a limited one- way non-resident ticket for 2 euros ,do you think this is the one for us?

I think you misread that. The 2E fare is "to the next stop."

Limited one-way non-resident's ticket (Valid only for traveling to the next stop across the Grand Canal on the No. 1 vaporetto line.) €2,--

Here is a good link for fares, etc.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice-vaporetto-fares.htm

If you go to the veniceconnected link you can get one at discount.

Venice is a port day ,so no luggage.I checked the vaporetto fares,there is a limited one- way non-resident ticket for 2 euros ,do you think this is the one for us?

I doubt it. As far as I know the 2E ticket only goes from St Mark's to Guidecca. Most fares are 6.50. You want a 12, 24, or 36 hour pass.

Trying to learn about GPS for our Europe cruise. So I'm assuming that the number you posted is called "coordinates" yes? And where did/do you get these numbers from? Thanks

Yes the numbers are coordinates. In google earth, the coordinates of the centre of your view appear at the bottom of the screen.

The coordinates can then be used in Google earth or google maps.

Coordinates used to be given in degrees, minutes and seconds. This is confusing so it is easier to give them as a fraction of degrees. This is an option in google earth. Coordinates vary from +180 degrees to -180 degrees

Greenwich England is 0 deg west or east. The equator is zero deg N or S

Yes the numbers are coordinates. In google earth, the coordinates of the centre of your view appear at the bottom of the screen.

The coordinates can then be used in Google earth or google maps.

Coordinates used to be given in degrees, minutes and seconds. This is confusing so it is easier to give them as a fraction of degrees. This is an option in google earth. Coordinates vary from +180 degrees to -180 degrees

Greenwich England is 0 deg west or east. The equator is zero deg N or S

Thank you.

The next stop on the #1 line after Piazzale Roma is the train station. I'm not sure what that gets you, unless that's where you are headed.

Where did you read about this 2 Euro one stop fare? I've not heard of it before.

The 2 Euro fare is a one way to the next stop,it is on the table of fares,but i didn t know what is the next stop from piazzale rome ,i couldn t find the stops,that s why i asked, and your first reply made it very clear, thank you for your help.

We arrive in Venice July 4th for Ruby Princess. We have paid for transfers from the airport to the ship thru Princess. My question is......after we board we want to go into Venice for the evening and I believe the princess shuttle is $15 each, how easy is it to get the people mover from the ship to the centre of Venice?

It will be a very short walk to the People Mover from your ship, easy since you won't have luggage. From the end of the People Mover at Piazzale Roma you can either walk or take a vaporetto down the Grand Canal. Venice is quite small and easy to get around on foot, if you choose.

It will be a very short walk to the People Mover from your ship, easy since you won't have luggage. From the end of the People Mover at Piazzale Roma you can either walk or take a vaporetto down the Grand Canal. Venice is quite small and easy to get around on foot, if you choose.

Thank you. Will it be signposted when we come off the ship? We just want to wander around Venice at night and soak up the atmosphere.

Archived