Is There An Admission Fee just for Acropolis?

gemz

It used to be possible to buy a separate entry ticket just for the Acropolis, but I believe they have done away with that now and you can only buy the multi-admission ticket (for 12 euro, last I checked).

It's well worth visiting a least a few of the other sites included, particularly the Greek agora and Roman forum (adjacent to each other) and the Temple of Olympian Zeus.

You can still buy the separate admission for the acropolis. I'm not sure how much it is, because when we were there 3 weeks ago we bought the multi - site pass for 12 Euro (which is good for at least 3 days, and maybe longer since they are not dated).

I believe I read Rick Steve's book last week and he said 12E for the Acropolis, other sites are free. Eventho you just want to goto the Acropolis, you still have to pay 12E. Children under age 18 is free. That is a bonus for us.

I believe I read Rick Steve's book last week and he said 12E for the Acropolis, other sites are free. Eventho you just want to goto the Acropolis, you still have to pay 12E. Children under age 18 is free. That is a bonus for us.

That's what I have read recently as well -- the individual Acropolis ticket was not available any longer.

zqvol, can you please confirm that you actually saw these tickets are still available when you were there?

That's what I have read recently as well -- the individual Acropolis ticket was not available any longer.

zqvol, can you please confirm that you actually saw these tickets are still available when you were there?

I can confirm that individual tickets are available for some of the other sites that are included with the Acropolis. We did not stop at the Acropolis ticket booth because we already had tickets, so I can't verify. Based on the site that I link to below, I suspect that the Acropolis is 12 Euro for admission, and they throw the other sites in. The other sites seem to have their own admission which are less. (Ee.g. The Agora is 4 Euro)

Here is a link to the website run by the Greek government. Good luck figuring it out:

http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/3/eh355.jsp?obj_id=2384

I have looked at a half dozen websites over the last two days and it seems to me that there is no ticket just for entry to the Acropolis any longer.

A synopsis of what I've learned is that you must be the 12 euro ticket to get entrance to the Acropolis. This includes admission to other sites as well (including the Agora, Roman Forum, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Dionysus Theatre, and Keramikos cemetary) but does not include the Acropolis museum or the National Archeological Museum.

The additional sites all sell a separate admission ticket that is less than the 12 euros, but if you want the Acropolis, there is no option to the 12-euro combo ticket.

If you're going to be in Athens for a few days, the combo ticket can be used to re-enter any of the sites except for the Acropolis, which you can only enter once.

Here is the info from a site that I trust and that appears to be updated for 2010:

http://www.athenswalkingtours.gr/The-Acropolis-Tour-And-City-Tour

(Click on "Entrance Fees" to see them, if it is not already open.)

Here is another site, updated early in 2010 that also confirms (and has good info, btw):

http://www.sacred-destinations.com/greece/athens-parthenon

This is in agreement with what is in the newest Rick Steves book and also with what I've read on Tripadvisor.

Archived