We finally snagged it!

califgary

Hi: I hear that the cabin above was originally designed as a handicapped room (no tub but large shower) so the configuration is a bit different. Do a search on your cabin number and you'll find some discussions about it - have a great cruise I know we are going too!!

I think Califgary is right.. I was told D736 and D737 have handicapped type washrooms, no tub but a large roll in type shower (for wheelchairs) and the beds are twin only, cannot be put to-gether for a queen. The beds are on each side of the room for more room in the middle, I assume for wheelchair.

We passed on this room when we could have booked it. Other than those two differences, I think the balcony would have been great. It is also uncovered.

Snowbird

Hi: I hear that the cabin above was originally designed as a handicapped room (no tub but large shower) so the configuration is a bit different. Do a search on your cabin number and you'll find some discussions about it - have a great cruise I know we are going too!!

I think Califgary is right.. I was told D736 and D737 have handicapped type washrooms, no tub but a large roll in type shower (for wheelchairs) and the beds are twin only, cannot be put to-gether for a queen. The beds are on each side of the room for more room in the middle, I assume for wheelchair.

We passed on this room when we could have booked it. Other than those two differences, I think the balcony would have been great. It is also uncovered.

Snowbird

• 2 weeks later...

We booked this cabin (Sapphire, Sept 12 to Alaska) and are VERY excited about it! We booked almost a year in advance (last Oct). Will be posting photos after our cruise. This is our first ever cruise so we are very excited!

Hope you enjoy your cruise & congrats on scoring this cabin!

We had this cabin on a Mexican Riviera cruise---you will definitely be glad you paid the extra $140

ENJOY

For sure $140 just to go from a reg balcony to a mini-suite already makes me happy and getting this sought after balcony cabin is pure gravy!

We have booked this cabin many times but over a year ahead just to get it! Lovely views and spacious for UBD!!! We weren't able to get it for next April but have E730 instead. For your info, we did experience some vibration but not alot or anything to bother us. Same with noise. I know some report noise from Club Fusion below but not a sound. You are at the end if the hall so it is very quiet and for the muster, just exit left to stairway, down 1 flight and there you are at club Fusion. Enjoy the space and views.

Melody

califgary-

We'll be your neighbors on the 02/12 cruise. We're in the VS suite next to you. :)

We originally had E728 (the port version of E731) but decided to live it up and switch to the full suite. So... if anyone else is jockeying for one of these minisuites it may still be available since we gave it up.

I hope this isn't a buzzkill for you, but we'll be traveling with a 6-month-old (who will be born any day now, incidentally). We do have a hallway separating our rooms, and we're already disciples of the Happiest Baby on the Block and all the other babywhispering gurus and intend very heartily to not be "those parents". So hopefully, the baby's presence will only be one of cuteness and not of frustration for our fellow passengers.

Anyway, please feel free to knock on our door at some point and join us for a drink and some wakegazing! --And if you're at all disturbed by the baby, we'd be happy to treat you to another (please don't hesitate to let us know *anytime* if he's a disturbance).

-Summer

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update...

After 57 hours of labor -- most of it without drugs ...but ultimately concluding with a c-section -- we're 27 days into life with our son. He doesn't seem to be much of a crier, and he's a good sleeper! February is a long way away, but so far so good!

Califgary, I think you'll be alright next to us. ;)

OByAN.jpg

zo3vV.jpg

Archived