We finally snagged it!

califgary

We finally snagged the elusive mini-suite E731 on the Sapphire - really stoked Ive read so much about this great room with the wrap around balcony. Would love to hear from anyone who has been in that cabin - details - pics thanks

We finally snagged the elusive mini-suite E731 on the Sapphire - really stoked Ive read so much about this great room with the wrap around balcony. Would love to hear from anyone who has been in that cabin - details - pics thanks

We stayed in the cabin a couple of years ago. The cabin itself is identical too the other mini suites. The balcony does not wrap around, but it is longer than any of the other mini suites since it is at the end. Half of it has the clear panel to view out and the other half is steel. There were four chairs (two that reclined a bit) and a table.

3210434093_568f79c5c9.jpg

We had the same cabin but on the Diamond.; Enjoy.....:):):)

Bob

awesome thanks! Yes thanks for clarifying i know the balcony doesnt "warp around" poor choice of words - but it is a great place to be on the ship! Im excited. We originally had an after facing BB category and then when I discovered this one availabe for only 140 bucks more I grabbed it for sure - great pics and thank you!

awesome thanks! Yes thanks for clarifying i know the balcony doesnt "warp around" poor choice of words - but it is a great place to be on the ship! Im excited. We originally had an after facing BB category and then when I discovered this one availabe for only 140 bucks more I grabbed it for sure - great pics and thank you!

While it doesn't truely "Wrap Around" it's so big, you could almost say it does......:):):)

Bob

Woohoo!!! Congrats Gary! Take care of that room for us as we will be sailing her the 26th of February, just 2 cruises after yours for our Hawaii cruise aboard the Sapphire. You got REALLY lucky!!! We had to book last August to secure that room!

I read on one CC'ers review that when they sat all the way aft on the balcony, they would get sea spray, pretty neat if you ask me :D I LOVE that these are the closest balconies to the water, nothing below you but the sea, great spot for spotting sea life also. We stayed in E724 on our last cruise on the Star and loved the location, (couldn't stand the neighbor next door though) we love that this time we'll only have 1 neighbor and little to no foot traffic and slamming doors, yippee!

If you do a search here on the boards for just "E731" you'll find a wealth of knowledge and pictures, it takes some digging around but I have a file now, chalk full of pictures of our wonderful balcony.

We book the cabin above d733, just a question because I dont understand why do people like balconies that are covered/in shade.

The balconies on Dolphin are over looked but you would sun bathe around a pool that isnt private and people can see you.

I know everyone is different but I dont understand a balcony thats in the shade.

Mike

Woohoo!!! Congrats Gary! Take care of that room for us as we will be sailing her the 26th of February, just 2 cruises after yours for our Hawaii cruise aboard the Sapphire. You got REALLY lucky!!! We had to book last August to secure that room!

I read on one CC'ers review that when they sat all the way aft on the balcony, they would get sea spray, pretty neat if you ask me :D I LOVE that these are the closest balconies to the water, nothing below you but the sea, great spot for spotting sea life also. We stayed in E724 on our last cruise on the Star and loved the location, (couldn't stand the neighbor next door though) we love that this time we'll only have 1 neighbor and little to no foot traffic and slamming doors, yippee!

If you do a search here on the boards for just "E731" you'll find a wealth of knowledge and pictures, it takes some digging around but I have a file now, chalk full of pictures of our wonderful balcony.

Going to Hawaii with that balcony would be AWESOME! Yes I think we did get lucky getting this cabin and not too far away from sailing - we had to do what you did for a special aft facing cabin on the Oosterdam with a huge balcony for our Hawaii trip in Feb of 2012 so I know how far in advance you have make plans to ensure a good spot. Also thanks for the "no upgrades" advice I just made sure that is in place! Thanks to everyone for the input!

Is this cabin larger than the Dolphin deck one? We have that for a MX cruise on the Sapphire in the fall.

Thanks! Katherine

Hi: I hear that the cabin above was originally designed as a handicapped room (no tub but large shower) so the configuration is a bit different. Do a search on your cabin number and you'll find some discussions about it - have a great cruise I know we are going too!!

Some people need to avoid too much sun.

A shaded balcony can also be used if there is inclement weather.

AS a survivor of malignan melanoma I simply cannot sit out in the sun period! There are many folks with similar issues, so for us a cover balcony isn't a nicety but a necessity.

Archived