I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

I've been following this thread forever and love seeing everyones great photo.

Decided I should post a few.

I was trying out a star filter last night.

DSC_0366.JPG

DSC_0375.JPG

DSC_0381.JPG

Christmas tree light reflected im my wine glass,

DSC_0401.JPG

DSC_0402.JPG

Lois

Edited by electro

I have spent hours looking at all these pictures and am very impressed with all of them. The only camera I have is a point and shoot that has served my limited abilities well, but I'm ready to make the jump to DSLR. Sure hope my DH was paying attention to my Christmas wish list I emailed him. I asked for one thing, attached a pic of it, where to buy it and a map to get to the store. I hope I made it easy enough for him to get me a Nikon. I have learned a lot from all the experience on these threads, but still have a lot more to learn. Hopefully, soon, I can post some of my shots on here. Thanks for sharing all of these, they are great!

Don't worry about your camera. Many of the pictures posted here are also taken with a P&S camera.

Here is something I took this morning with a Canon EOS 60D attached to a 5' reflector telescope with 900mm focal lenth and 2x extender.

405754_10150449558859037_519959036_8671836_1871458298_n.jpg

407305_10150449592169037_519959036_8672068_1408567194_n.jpg

It is Saturn and on the second picture it looks like I got some of its moons as well.

A while back I managed to snap Jupiter with the same camera. I was able to capture the cloud belts and four of its moons.

304110_10150344418614037_519959036_8261643_1844971843_n.jpg

Last night we went to Christmas Town at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg VA. All the Christmas lights were beautiful. It gave me a chance to try some night shots. All the shots are hand held using my Canon G9 P&S.

Festhaus in Germany:

IMG_8009_edited-1.jpg

Big Ben in England:

IMG_8069_edited-1.jpg

Reflection in huge ornament:

IMG_8014_edited-1.jpg

IMG_7982_edited-1.jpg

This is a picture from my Christmas trip to Ft. Knox. We drove up to Louisville one day and went to the Louisville Slugger Museum. I could have done better with the composition. Taken with a Kodak P & S.

I like the composition. It really emphasizes the size of the bat.

This is a picture from my Christmas trip to Ft. Knox. We drove up to Louisville one day and went to the Louisville Slugger Museum. I could have done better with the composition. Taken with a Kodak P & S.

Nice composition. What model Kodak?

Check this thread to learn how to post bigger images http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1340448

068-1.jpg

WOW! That works! Thanks for the info. Was trying to figure out how to do bigger pictures. The camera I was using is a Kodak Easyshare M320. My kids got it for me a few years ago. Apparently, they thought I needed to go digital and put the film dinosaur away. I plan on keeping it, but want the capabilities a DSLR offers.