What all costs more?

Comparing RC Freedom of the Sea (depart Oct 9, 2011) to The Magic (depart Oct 8, 2011), Eastern Carribean.

Freedom Balcony = $2367

Magic Balcony = $3834 (both per travelocity)

We have did a 3 day Wonder cruise with balcony and fell in love; we have never sailed Royal. Our Daughter will be 8 in Oct so I do not think the kids activites will be that much different. She has been to WDW twice and DCL once so she has met the characters.

My questions is: does Royal really have $1500 in hidden costs? That kind of money could buy some really great excursions.

Comparing RC Freedom of the Sea (depart Oct 9, 2011) to The Magic (depart Oct 8, 2011), Eastern Carribean.

Freedom Balcony = $2367

Magic Balcony = $3834 (both per travelocity)

We have did a 3 day Wonder cruise with balcony and fell in love; we have never sailed Royal. Our Daughter will be 8 in Oct so I do not think the kids activites will be that much different. She has been to WDW twice and DCL once so she has met the characters.

My questions is: does Royal really have $1500 in hidden costs? That kind of money could buy some really great excursions.

No, very few extra costs, and many of the same on both ships., photos, specialty restaurants, excursions, etc.

Thanks for the info. I was pretty sure the sodas were about the only extra charge. As we are more water drinkers, this shouldn't be a major expense. My daughter is a juice/milk drinker; but you would really have to put away some milk or ice cream trip to make up $1500.

My DH was thinking room service would be extra. He has also heard stories of the major drink bills at the end of a cruise. Disney's mixed drinks were about the same as most beach bars in our area and I imagine that Royal is the same.

Milk and soft serve ice cream, which is available on the pool deck, are free as is juice at breakfast. If you want juice for later in the day, take a glass or two back to your cabin and store in the mini-fridge. Ice cream in the MDR is free. Room service is no charge except from midnight to 5 AM as previously posted. There are lots of sandwiches, cookies, desserts, and fruit at Promenade Cafe at no charge (pastries in the AM0) and pizza and salads at Sorrento's at no charge and both available about 23 hours daily. There are also hot chocolate, coffee and teas in the buffet and Promenade Cafe at no charge.

Archived