Problems with Cruise Critic?

gloce

Hi everyone, I dont know where to post this, so thought I would try here...I received a "Congratulations on your 25,000th post on Cruise Critic" message. I havent even posted a dozen times....anyone else receive the same message?

Just curious.....CHEERS!

Not had the 'congratulations' message but I do know that the 'count' for my posts on CC is off and has been for months. I don't post a tremendous amount, only when I feel able to contribute but I was stuck at around 195 for ages and then again at 200. My count is now sticking at 209 today!!!

No matter, I'll still post even though 'they don't count' !!!!!!!!!

Lyn

Warning Will Robinson....maybe?:confused:

You must be young?? "Warning Will Robinson" is out of an old TV Series called "Lost in Space." I myself used that same phrase last week when I had to warn one of our computer programmer that a certain individual (that is hard to work with) was in our hallway coming towards her office. In face I had to explain to her where that phrase comes from.

Actually, I believe the phrase is "Danger, Will Robinson!!"

Lost In Space is remembered, at least, from oft-repeated lines of the Robot, such as "Warning! Warning!", "That does not compute" and "Danger, Will Robinson!".

lost-in-space.jpg

robot.jpg

lostinspace.jpg

Just to be clear... how did you receive the happy message? "Congratulations on your 25,000th post on Cruise Critic" :confused:

Email?

It was at the top of the page when I signed in to the message boards. Happy message???? More a scary one. Wouldnt have time for much else in life if I had posted 25,000 times on cruise critic.

Good to know I am not alone with this glitch.

Actually, I believe the phrase is "Danger, Will Robinson!!"

Yes, but do you remember the name of the robot that used that phrase?

No it was not "Robot" (though that's what Will called him) and it was not "Robbie" - Robbie the Robot was from the movie "Forbidden Planet".

No it was not "Robot" (though that's what Will called him) and it was not "Robbie" - Robbie the Robot was from the movie "Forbidden Planet".

Hope this helps...from Wikipedia....

The Robot: The Robot is a Class M-3 Model B9, General Utility Non-Theorizing Environmental Control Robot, which had no given name. Although a machine endowed with superhuman strength and futuristic weaponry, he often displayed human characteristics such as laughter, sadness, and mockery as well as singing and playing the guitar. The Robot was performed by Bob May in a prop costume built by Bob Stewart. The voice was dubbed by Dick Tufeld, who was also the series' narrator. The Robot was designed by Robert Kino****a, whose other cybernetic claim to fame is as the designer of Forbidden Planet's Robby the Robot. Robby appears in LIS #20 "War of the Robots", and the first episode of season three; "Condemned of space".

Cheers!

Joce

The robot was never verbally named on-screen. An intriguing hint can be seen in "The Time Merchant", where the Robot's shipping crate is stamped "General Utility Non-Theorizing Environmental ROBOT" (capitals highlighted in red) suggesting that the machine's name was Gunter. It referred to itself with the above title (adding "Control" before Robot) during the second season.

Why even be concerned about the count? It's the quality, not quantity of posts that really count.

Don't worry about it, the miscount works both ways. I probably have 50,000 posts since joining when they first started but have been knocked out by so many computer programming changes, I lost count...

Archived