Questions for recent Radiance cruisers

For MTD, do they strongly recommend reservations? On Mariner they insisted we reserve a particular time. Seems to defeat the purpose. Is the Diamond "event" held in the Hollywood Odyssey lounge? Thanks for any info.

You can just show up for MTD and be seated like you would in a restaurant. They will try to keep you in the same section, but you probably won't have the same waitstaff each night, particularly if you come at a different time every evening.

We did this totally flexible method of using MyTime Dining on Freedom and really enjoyed being able to squeeze dinner where ever it fit after reviewing the daily Compass.

Recently, on Serenade, we went a different route. After befriending the couple at the table for two next to ours the first night, we decided to eat together as a foursome the following evening. The host seated us at a nice table near the window. He told us that we could have that same table and the same waitstaff every night, if we'd come between 6:30-6:45. We agreed. I really liked having the same waitstaff for the whole cruise. They were wonderful and we really loved them. We got to know this new couple, we got to know our waiters and we had SOME flexibility concerning dining time (albiet not as much as we'd had on Freedom).

We had a group of 17 that we divided into a group of six (who wanted to dine earlier than the rest of us)and eleven and ate at slightly different times each evening and they managed to assign us to tables with the same fabulous wait staff (Salvador and Edy)for every night but one. Even on that night Salvador and Edy made it a point to come to our table and ascertain that we were being properly served. They were wonderful and a lot of fun. Headwaiter was very attentive and our time in the MY TIME Dining section of the MDR was a great experience. I think that the MTD staff find it easier to accommodate you if you can make reservations for a specific time each evening but they never insisted that we do so. I find that the biggest problem with having a larger group in MTD is getting people to agree on the time they want to dine. In that situation, the program works much better for parties of 2, 4 or 6.:)

The Diamond Event was indeed in the Hollywood Odyssey Lounge (no smoking permitted during event; permitted in this venue at other times {never smelled smoky}). Unsure regarding MTD. We did traditional. Bon Voyage!

What beverages and snacks were served at the nightly diamond events. and what were the hours for it??

Dean

Just returned June 11th and there were no snacks in Diamond event. Free drinks were Champagne, Wine, and Cokes. All others were 25% off.

Thanks. do you remember the hours?

They brought us a glass of peanuts each night . It was pretty quiet each night we were there so got plenty of attention from the bartender and one night Captain Anderson came in and we talked with him for awhile since he lives in South Africa and we are moving there soon. He is extremely personable.

They brought us a glass of peanuts each night . It was pretty quiet each night we were there so got plenty of attention from the bartender and one night Captain Anderson came in and we talked with him for awhile since he lives in South Africa and we are moving there soon. He is extremely personable.

Im surprised to hear that diamond events were quiet! When you think of how many diamond members there are, I would have thought it would have been a full house situation!:confused::confused: Thanks!

Dean:cool:

We always went before dinner and had Main Seating. It might have picked up after we left. I know one morning we were the only ones in dining room set aside for Diamond/Diamond Plus. I guess we need to make sure we take advantages of all the perks so they don't think we appreciate and take away.

We always went before dinner and had Main Seating. It might have picked up after we left. I know one morning we were the only ones in dining room set aside for Diamond/Diamond Plus. I guess we need to make sure we take advantages of all the perks so they don't think we appreciate and take away.

Exactly what I was thinking. Guess on our Sep cruise, ill have to drink many glasses of wine to make up for the no shows!;);) Thanks for the info!;)

Im surprised to hear that diamond events were quiet! When you think of how many diamond members there are, I would have thought it would have been a full house situation!:confused::confused: Thanks!

When we were on Serenade in April there was at most 8 people in the Diamond event. They still had it in the Viking Crown and it was terrible. No one interacted with each other. We didn't stay most nights. Just got our 25% off drinks and left. It was so disappointing.:(

What beverages and snacks were served at the nightly diamond events. and what were the hours for it??

Dean

Wine (merlot, cabernet, chardonnay, white zin, pinot grigio), and champagne were free; 25% off other drinks. Peanuts were the only snack. 5-8:30 pm each evening and we were always allowed to carry the last glass away with us. And yes, it was open for sailaway the first evening. Bon Voyage!

Wine (merlot, cabernet, chardonnay, white zin, pinot grigio), and champagne were free; 25% off other drinks. Peanuts were the only snack. 5-8:30 pm each evening and we were always allowed to carry the last glass away with us. And yes, it was open for sailaway the first evening. Bon Voyage!

Thanks! It sounds like a nice perk!!!

Dean

Archived