What to expect?

letsgoyakking

We sail with RCL northbound, ending in Seward. We have booked the train transfer from Seward to Anchorage with RCL and my questions are:

1. What time does the train leave Seward?
  2. Does the train drop us off at the airport in Anchorage?
  3. We have a 9 PM flight. Is there something we can do with our luggage before we have to check in for our flight so we don't have to lug it all over Anchorage or will Continental take our bags early.

Thanks for your help.

There is baggage storage at the airport.

http://www.dot.state.ak.us/anc/travelerInfo/passengerSrvcs.shtml

If you booked your transfer with RCL directly you should contact them regarding the details of the train travel. I just looked at the train schedule on-line; it leaves Seward at 6pm, arrives in Anch at 10:15pm. Something's not right.

http://alaskarailroad.com/Schedules/CoastalClassic/tabid/100/Default.aspx

We sail with RCL northbound, ending in Seward. We have booked the train transfer from Seward to Anchorage with RCL and my questions are:

1. What time does the train leave Seward?
  2. Does the train drop us off at the airport in Anchorage?
  3. We have a 9 PM flight. Is there something we can do with our luggage before we have to check in for our flight so we don't have to lug it all over Anchorage or will Continental take our bags early.

Thanks for your help.

We have done the RCI cruiseline train transfers.The train which is right next to the ship leaves Seward at approx 8-8:30am and arrives right to the door of Anchorage airport at approx 11:30am. We used luggage valet and after we put it outside our cabin door the last night didn't see it again until we arrived at our home airport..Google Grandview Train Alaska for info and pics of the cruiseline contracted train..This train trip was one of the highlights of our cruise..Enjoy !!!

I've seen the cruise contracted trains leave around 7am, which is what this poster is on.

I recommend a car rental, and getting to some areas of interest. Your luggage goes with you. There may be a baggage program for a fee, that would take care of your bags, if you remain in Anchorage. The luggage storage at the Egan Center closes around 6pm, which is where you are taken to, if you don't want to hang around the airport.

The train which is right next to the ship leaves Seward at approx 8-8:30am and arrives right to the door of Anchorage airport at approx 11:30am. QUOTE]

This is not correct. It is a 4 1/4 hour train run.

Archived