Final payment....DONE!

SavFam06

I got a refund check in the mail today...put it in the bank...and called carnival to pay off the cruise!

Now all I have left to do is pay gratuities, excursion, and save a bunch of smaller bills for extra tips, and CRUISE!!!!!

Just so happy, had to share that :D

I got a refund check in the mail today...put it in the bank...and called carnival to pay off the cruise!

Now all I have left to do is pay gratuities, excursion, and save a bunch of smaller bills for extra tips, and CRUISE!!!!!

Congrats!! Always a good feeling!

Congratulations!! That's always a milestone!

You'll really enjoy the Inspiration... she's a wonderful ship!

:)

We sail in December, too, and just paid our Carnival balance yesterday. What a GREAT feeling!

Airfare: check.

Cruise: check.

Like you, all we have remaining is gratuities and excursions...and a pre-cruise hotel.

We've been stashing cash and have enough to cover everything now, but we'll keep hoarding money.

I told DH that if we have money left after our cruise, I'll use it on my "Girls Cruise" in April!

ENJOY your cruise!

I made our final payment, including tips last week. I agree, it feels great! Now I just have to save for the hotel, gas, food and extras!

We just paid off our September cruise. What a great feeling. We have our cruise paid for, plane tickets, and the hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Now we just have to work off the tips and decide on our excursions. Can't wait!!

Enjoy your cruises everyone!!!;)

I have thought about paying off my December cruise, but right now I am enjoying watching my balance drop about once every week or so from proce drops. I only booked it May 21 and have had 3 price drops already...so now it is a game with me to see just how low it can go before I get bored and pay it off...LOL:D

Congrats....I know how you feel! I made my final payment on my September cruise this month as well (which was due!). Unfortunately, I ddin't have the advantage of a refund check to help out and had to pay it the old fashion way. I am now working on saving my hotel and shipboard expenses and got a little start on that. I would have a much better start if city and county taxes and tags weren't due on two vehicles today! :(

My cruise is paid in full.... but I'd like to pre-pay gratuities.... can I still do this? I thought I remembered seeing it as an option somewhere, but cannot figure out how to do it now. Can someone explain to me how to do this online?

I must be the odd duck. I don't pay for anything in advance, except a must do excursion. Final payment gets paid on the day it is due, grats get added to my account on the cruise and I dont purchase any OBC.

I'm with you. I will pay final payment a few days before it's due. I do have a special vacation fund at the credit union so I put the money in there for the final payment. We also add tip the day we go on. The citibank credit card i have earns cash so that will be my spending money on the cruise. We do need to save some cash for shopping etc in ports

I have thought about paying off my December cruise, but right now I am enjoying watching my balance drop about once every week or so from proce drops. I only booked it May 21 and have had 3 price drops already...so now it is a game with me to see just how low it can go before I get bored and pay it off...LOL:D

Sounds just like I'm doing, the more it drops the less the balance will be. So far only 2 price drops but, I keep checking.

Archived