Spirit 15day RT San Diego to Hawaii

tiggerman101

I love the new itinerary but I'm bummed that they did it after I already sailed to Hawaii twice (since I'm in no rush to go back for a while - too many other places I'd like to see).

I wonder if all of the issues regarding the transport to Ensenada was a factor. I know that they had some sort of problem regarding the transport almost every year, and this year's was pretty awful.

I was hoping to catch it when it had the 2 nights in 2 of ports..well there will be options and pros and cons...knowing Hawaii a bit, 2 nights in Maui especally would have been great. Might make me keep Hawaii a land vacation only destination.

Actually, this is probably similar to the Princess and Holland America cruises that are currently available.

I, myself, prefer the B2B we have booked for this fall. Five plus sea days going and five plus sea days coming back, surrounding 13 days in the islands, and all of that for only $67.20 a day, after offsets, and including gratuities and taxes.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Which cruise is that? Sounds interesting.

Thanks for the info, should have known. We are taking the Spirit on the last Alaska trip of the season and were booked to go on to Hawaii, and had to cancel because of the Jones Act (Passenger Service Act). I ended up calling DC to get a ruling and they said it was a violation. Carnival kept telling me it was not a violation until I forwarded them all the info and then I got a phone call and an email stating that I had been correct, and it was a violation. Even though it is the cruise line that is fined, Carnival said they would pass it on to the passenger. Needless to say, we decided not to go, although it would have been a great trip.

Actually, this is probably similar to the Princess and Holland America cruises that are currently available.

I, myself, prefer the B2B we have booked for this fall. Five plus sea days going and five plus sea days coming back, surrounding 13 days in the islands, and all of that for only $67.20 a day, after offsets, and including gratuities and taxes.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

You got a good deal because the cheapest inside rooms are over $100 a day now without taxes and gratuities included.

That is the only way to visit Hawaii IMO.......

It is a great way to get a taste of every island, then decide on which ones you would like to spend more time. I lived outside Hilo for 2 years and went to each island and they are all very different. Personally, I could skip Honolulu/Oahu. If I want crowds and traffic and palm trees, I can just visit LA or San Diego.

But my hubby has never been to Hawaii, so this will help him decide if he likes it enough for us to buy a winter home there for our pending retirement.

BTW, booked an aft wrap! :D Love my hubby, but it's nice when you're on the ship for 15 days to have a bit more room to spread out.

It is a great way to get a taste of every island, then decide on which ones you would like to spend more time. I lived outside Hilo for 2 years and went to each island and they are all very different. Personally, I could skip Honolulu/Oahu. If I want crowds and traffic and palm trees, I can just visit LA or San Diego.

But my hubby has never been to Hawaii, so this will help him decide if he likes it enough for us to buy a winter home there for our pending retirement.

BTW, booked an aft wrap! :D Love my hubby, but it's nice when you're on the ship for 15 days to have a bit more room to spread out.

Good move, love the aft wrap, worth themoney IMO

Agreed! Had the same aft warp last January to Acapulco (when Spirit still went there!) It was fabulous. There is more movement, and those of us that get motion sickness have some more issues, but it is truly worth every penny!

[quote name='harlekuin']Agreed! Had the same aft warp last January to Acapulco (when Spirit still went there!) It was fabulous. There is more movement, and those of us that get motion sickness have some more issues, but it is truly worth every penny![/QUOTE]

The Spirit still has 5 cruises that go to Acapulco. So if you want to go there again, you better jump on it.

I would LOVE to go but taking 12 days off work would be kinda difficult but manageable. . . the problem is having to take my DD out of school. Would be great if the April itinerary fell over a week of her spring break but I'm betting that'll be a BIG no.

Do you think it is just filling up space around other itineraries or are they testing it for a possible new one to offer? I'm hoping for the latter. :D

[QUOTE=Cruisin'Allie;25019055]I would LOVE to go but taking 12 days off work would be kinda difficult but manageable. . . the problem is having to take my DD out of school. Would be great if the April itinerary fell over a week of her spring break but I'm betting that'll be a BIG no.

Do you think it is just filling up space around other itineraries or are they testing it for a possible new one to offer? I'm hoping for the latter. :D[/QUOTE]

I hope too that there will offer more than these two, but I doubt it. I think we are VERY lucky to be getting these two.

[quote name='harlekuin']It is a great way to get a taste of every island, then decide on which ones you would like to spend more time. I lived outside Hilo for 2 years and went to each island and they are all very different. Personally, I could skip Honolulu/Oahu. If I want crowds and traffic and palm trees, I can just visit LA or San Diego.

BTW, booked an aft wrap! :D Love my hubby, but it's nice when you're on the ship for 15 days to have a bit more room to spread out.[/quote]

We travel to Hawaii often. Oahu is a perfect example of what I was talking about.......a few hours there and you would never even know there is another world on the north shore;)
But I'm glad they have this option now for others.......

This is an amazing itinerary, and when you factor in no flying, it cannot be beat, IF you can get away for 2 weeks.

We did the Hawaii trip before, and the flying back home (somewhat) negated the relaxation and fun of the trip.

[I]Honeeeeyyyyy[/I]...look what Carnival's got!

[SIZE=7]:p[/SIZE]

I just booked a single 1A...there were 3 left (Spirit doesn't have many)and I picked my cabin. Same one as I have for this Oct. to Mexico...my TA doesn't book early saver and I picked my cabin,so it was a bit more, but still under the 200%.

I thought I was crazy booking so far out on a TA in Oct of 2011, but now I know I'm really crazy. LOL!

[quote name='crzndeb']I just booked a single 1A...there were 3 left (Spirit doesn't have many)and I picked my cabin. Same one as I have for this Oct. to Mexico...my TA doesn't book early saver and I picked my cabin,so it was a bit more, but still under the 200%.

I thought I was crazy booking so far out on a TA in Oct of 2011, but now I know I'm really crazy. LOL![/quote]

Lucky you, I can't even get past paying off my December 2010 cruise.
If I have no choice I will max out my CC for the December 2011 sailing!:D

WOW, this is the cruise I have been waiting for. I wish I had known this a few weeks ago before I booked the Legend and used my last future cruise certificate. Now I will need to wait to get another future cruise certificate to help offset the price. I don't fly and this is a long drive from GA. but I will do it to get to go to Hawaii. Looks like I will be booking in Feb. Woo Hoo, I love it.

Archived