Live/Silver Cloud: Norway Coast/Fjords July 1-16 Reports

TLCOhio

Well, we get off tomorrow and fly home to the heat! And...none too soon. This 1/2 charter Legacy group has negatively impacted nearly everyone's cruise. I will always remember the previous cruise and group and will talk about it for years to some. Hope to see you all again soon. Thanx everybody!!!

Your timing of returning home is going to get you here on the hottest day of the year, so far. It's supposed to get close if not over 100, and the humidity where you live should be really high. Hope you have a safe trip.

I loved the use of the cherry-style wood in the suites, its excellent condition;
On the Shadow/Whisper, the wood furnishings are pattern veneered, which look elegant. The problem is, with time, there has been nicks and dents, how do they repair/replace those?

In the recent Whisper refit, some of the wood had been completely replaced, such as the trim around the mid-cabin drapes/curtains, and some had been repaired -- filled and painted/stained -- such as the edge of the desk. The repairs were OK; you could see minor defects if you looked closely.

We reboard in London on the 13th of August!

Hello to Duct Tape,

We will be boarding with you! Are you disembarking on August 23 or September 1? Have you been on this itinerary before, and if so, any tips as to weather and tours to take this time of year? Windbreakers, yes??? Layers, yes???

Hope we can meet up! Enjoy your posts!

Love @ Cruise is Mary

Rally is Mike:D

In the recent Whisper refit, some of the wood had been completely replaced, such as the trim around the mid-cabin drapes/curtains, and some had been repaired -- filled and painted/stained -- such as the edge of the desk. The repairs were OK; you could see minor defects if you looked closely.
Thank you kindly for your reply!

meow!: On the Shadow/Whisper, the wood furnishings are pattern veneered, which look elegant. The problem is, with time, there has been nicks and dents, how do they repair/replace those?

Conte Di Savoia: I don't really know what people mean when they say "too old". Silver Cloud is no rust bucket in danger of floundering. I think that what is implied is that she does not have the "latest and greatest" facilities (amusement park features like wave runners, rock climbing walls and skating rinks). To be sure if that is what a prospective passenger deems important, then this certainly isn't the vessel to consider. She has been and remains understated and elegantly comfortable ship but like any vessel there are quirks to her. There is no such thing as the "perfect" ship because each of us has a different idea of what constitutes "perfect". Nowadays ship owners need to keep up with what their clientele want and expect. I understand that. But if a ship was designed properly from the beginning, then radical changes shouldn’t be necessary aside from keeping the fittings clean and not worn. I was on Silver Cloud’s second and third cruises and have found her pretty much the same. Sure, there are new chairs in the dining room and around the pool; the observation lounge has been made into a gym (client demand) and a computer room has been added but otherwise she is what she has always been. There is nothing wrong with patina.

I'm a pretty good student of woods with lots of Amish-crafted, custom furniture in our home. I looked very closely and was impressed that this 16-year-old ship had things in such great condition with these woods, etc.

Prior to and on this cruise, I enjoyed learning from Dr. Carl about his great cruising history, etc. His above, wise comments on patina, good design, market/customer needs, etc., are very on target.

The fact that Silversea is maintaining the Silver Cloud well and not rushing to throwing in the latest "gimmicks and fads" has been smart. The upgrades have been targeted and carefully focused.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

I'm a pretty good student of woods with lots of Amish-crafted, custom furniture in our home. I looked very closely and was impressed that this 16-year-old ship had things in such great condition with these woods, etc.
Thank you kindly. We are impressed that you answer every question .. meow!

Hi Terry, I have been following you for the past couple of weeks and have to add my voice to the accolades that you have been receiving. You were so diligent to report on your trip - and to include such incredible pictures was just icing on the cake. Thank you so much!

I was interested for two reasons: the Cloud is one of our favorite ships (my daughter, who is 15, says it is her absolute favorite; my husband and I put it in the top 3-4) and we have had fabulous cruises on her (once along the South African coast and then along the Southern tip of South America). And we have had wonderful memories along the coast of Norway. My husband is of Norwegian descent, so many years ago, we took a Crystal cruise along the fjords. Then 3 years ago, we took the Regent Voyager past the North Cape, through Svalbard and almost to the polar ice cap. We absolutely love that area (and after the very hot summer so far, we are looking into another Norway cruise for the summer of 2012!). Your day by day, minute by minute account was very much appreciated by our family and I thank you for all the many hours it must have taken you to put this all together.

We are going to be traveling on the Cloud again next summer so am glad to hear that you think she is still in good shape.

Again, all our thanks!

Hi Terry, I have been following you for the past couple of weeks and have to add my voice to the accolades that you have been receiving. You were so diligent to report on your trip - and to include such incredible pictures was just icing on the cake. Thank you so much!

We are going to be traveling on the Cloud again next summer so am glad to hear that you think she is still in good shape.

Again, all our thanks!

Thank you kindly. We are impressed that you answer every question .. meow!

THANKS to Meow! and NJBelle for the nice comments. I just read Greg's excellent summary of many factors and a helpful comparison to Regent that he has posted at another thread. It's a good summary and I wanted to share it with a wider audience. These are excellent details and observations by Greg. We had a great' date=' interesting and fun time with Greg and his "two tall blonds". I'll let him explain that one. I have many more not-yet-posted pictures being held in reserve. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio[/font']

For more details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle Silver Cloud experiences:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

From Greg, USNA 72 in Arizona:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=25367695&posted=1#post25367695

Musings on our 15 day Copenhagen to Copenhagen cruise on Silver Cloud

General Impressions: Our collective overall impression is that this was what Regent was like several years ago. It started when we dropped off our luggage at about 12PM with the knowledge we wouldn't be able to board until 3PM. We had planned to do some sightseeing in the area where we were docked. However, when our taxi pulled up to drop off our bags we were immediately checked in an told we could go on board for lunch. As we were getting our pictures taken for our key cards our butler introduced himself and offered that our room was ready and wanted to know if we'd like a tour of the ship before getting lunch. So we dropped of our "hand carry," received a quick tour of the common areas and were taken to lunch at the Terrace Cafe. Sushi and sashimi were on the lunch buffet and we were off to a great start! Bottom line, after two weeks we felt if you were "beamed up" to the Cloud you wouldn't know whether you were on a Silversea or Regent ship. Our feelings are, "If you like Regent there's a pretty fair chance you'll like Silversea and vice versa." That said, there were some nits and nuanced differences we noticed so here goes.

Service: As I alluded to earlier, this is the way we remembered Regent's service being several years ago. We were greeted by name pretty quickly and the overall cheerfulness of the crew as a whole was quite noticeable. Only glitch in service was one morning at breakfast. After coffee was served no one came by to take breakfast orders. It was a sea day and maybe the staff was overwhelmed. When I mentioned to Head Waiter, he came immediately to take my wife's order, but by then we were all out of synch with each other. I thought the "Butler system" on Silversea worked pretty well for us. Since "Richie" always brought us our morning coffee and any other room service requests as well as getting the room made up in the morning and turned down in the evening; it seemed like we were dealing with a single person for all our needs. For whatever reason that worked very well for us.

We also had a leak in the ceiling above our bathroom the first night. Nothing was seriously damaged but the floor in our closet was soaked. I called Richie first thing and he notified head of housekeeping and we were offered a new suite down the hall before breakfast. Our "stuff" was all moved for us. Since our dirty clothes on the floor of the closet had gotten wet, I asked if we could get and the staff one day of free laundry so we could handle the wet clothes. No problem. Turned out to be a good deal as we were moved to a midship suite on the same deck.

One of the Sommeliers spent a bit of time discussing our tastes in red wines one day at lunch and promised she would have something for us that evening. She did and it was really great.

Don't know if this is really "service" or not but the Captain did a couple of things that were real pluses for our cruise. First, he delayed our departure from Honningsvag from 2AM until 6AM. This meant we arrived at Nordkapp at about 10AM instead of 6AM. Besides being a somewhat more civilized hour (after a 9:30PM-1AM land tours at Honningsvag) it also meant the fog had a chance to lift affording us a great sea view of Nordkapp. Second, he took advantage of good weather to take us into Troll Fjord on the way to Svolear. That was pretty magic. Fjord was only about 50 meters wider than the ship so you could just about reach out and touch the fjord walls.

Silversea -vs- Regent: I hesitate to take this on but here goes. BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front): We all three agree that Silver Sea and Regent provide very similar products. Our future choice of cruise lines between Regent and Silver Sea will be based on price, itinerary and schedule. Here are some small differences but none were "deal breakers."

• It came to pass that the more liberal smoking policy on Silver Sea was a non-issue as there did not appear to be many smokers on board.

• Buckwheat pancakes. Yes, I said "buckwheat pancakes." We happen to love buckwheat pancakes. On Regent it's not real obvious there is any buckwheat flour in the buckwheat pancakes at all. Not so on Silver Cloud. Here they had a rich buckwheat flavor. I know this isn't a big deal for most if any of you, but we noticed and my wife was thrilled.

• Bathroom design. There are two items here. First, there is no shower door or curtain (I know the curtain is a sanitation thing). There is a standing (unmovable) glass panel that goes about half way back. You feel like you're going to get water all over the bathroom floor. It really does a pretty good job keeping the water in but it is somewhat unnerving in any event. Second, the vanity is in the corner with a curved edge. However, the shelf underneath goes straight across the corner. This has two affects: 1)you lose a fair amount of shelf space; and, 2) it's darn near impossible to reach the waste basket under the sink.

• There seemed to be an ongoing problem with the shower water temperature constantly varying in the middle of a shower. Other guests noticed this, too.

• Hot tubs and pools. The pool on Silver Cloud was heated and full at all times. Typical temp was 88-90 F. Hot tubs were also full at all times. Regent used to drain theirs frequently rendering unavailable for swimming.

• Pool Grill. Regent ships have a real grill. Silver Cloud has a large rectangular griddle. We prefer the grill especially for the "grilled" catch of the day offered at lunch. The griddle meant the fish had to be "pan fried" essentially and hot dogs boiled.

• Dress. We can live without formal nights.

• Postcards. Regent has always had postcards of the ship available at Reception that Regent would mail for free. Silversea has the postcards but charges to mail them.

• 24 hour coffee service. Silver Cloud had no way to get a cup of coffee before 0615 or so, except through room service. We really missed the "coffee bar" machine that Regent has on their ships.

• While the "midship veranda suite" we were in is smaller (about 240sqft plus balcony) than the standard suites on Regent's ships, we really didn't notice the size reduction except, maybe, in the bathroom.

• The Executive Chef spent 15-20 minutes in the dining room each evening making 5-6 minute visits to 4 or 5 tables (tables without any "management" just seemingly random tables).

• I had been told that the ceilings on Silver Sea were a bit lower but had not said anything to Gretchen or Cheryl (they're both rather tall). On the second day Cheryl asked, "Are the ceilings were lower than on Regent?" I hadn't noticed from my position closer to the floor, but others did notice the lower ceilings.

Other observations:

• Special occasions. At

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

you can read about two special events we were invited to attend. A birthday dinner for one of our friends that featured a specially prepared menu with the waiter describing each course in some detail and a visit by the Executive Chef toward the end of dinner. The second was a "Champagne Breakfast" with the Captain, the Hotel Director and the Cruise Director each hosting a table. Both were quite memorable. Also on this sight you'll find photos posted by "TLCOhio." They're great and portray a really good photo-journal of our cruise.

• The ship also hosted a small "4th of July" celebration in the theater. Nothing big, but for the 160 or so US citizens on board, a nice touch.

• On "Canada Day" (I hope I got the name right) there was a Maple Leaf Flag cake on display in the dining room.

• The Silver Cloud provided an extremely smooth ride.

• For our very first time we had "in suite" dinner (so we could watch the World Cup Final, and "dodge" a formal night). In the past we've always been a bit apprehensive about this, partly because there are three of us in the suite. However, it was GREAT. I suspect we may try on our next Regent cruise, too.

• Shore excursions can be quite pricey and folks should factor that in carefully when comparing Regent to Silver Sea.

• We did miss our "Gold" perks with Regent.

• TLCOhio's posts on Cruise Critic provide a lot of additional information and detail in addition to the great photos. This was the most visually stunning trip we've ever taken. I must add that we were blessed with great weather. Only rain of any significance was the morning in Geiranger Fjord.

• We absolutely enjoyed our cruise on the Silver Cloud!

Greg

Thanks Terry for sharing Greg's other thread post. Greg's comparison between Silversea & Regent is the best I've read yet. Greg nailed it without the emotion--we too often read in other SS vs R comparisons--due to the posters loyalty to either Regent or Silversea."

Edited by Colonel(Ret.)Wes

What a wonderful review and photos Terry. We have just a few days to go before we board Silver Cloud and you have really whetted my appetite.

What was the temperature like in the MDR in the evening? Do ladies need a jacket?

My husband liked the photo of all the whiskies! Were they complimentary or for sale?

We have a number of tender ports. Is tendering handled well? Are there queues to get on the tenders?

I am sure I'll have lots more questions.

Sweep

What a wonderful review and photos Terry. We have just a few days to go before we board Silver Cloud and you have really whetted my appetite.

What was the temperature like in the MDR in the evening? Do ladies need a jacket?

My husband liked the photo of all the whiskies! Were they complimentary or for sale?

We have a number of tender ports. Is tendering handled well? Are there queues to get on the tenders?

I am sure I'll have lots more questions. Sweep

Keep the good questions coming. THANKS for the nice comments on the reviews and photos! It was my pleasure to experience and enjoy those great "conditions". I'm sure your cruise will work out well. We were in Windsor, UK, before starting our cruise and loved the Queen's little place there.

The MDR temperatures were fine. No problems. One evening, things were a little warm as we were next to a main window on the side with a super bright sun beaming in. Whether ladies need a jacket, might depend on the individual and their personal preferences. I would have "something" along for the cruise, just in case, if and if.

YES, all of those pictured whiskies were the "regular" stuff that is served without added cost. Below is that picture for those who had not seen it earlier. I think there might be a few "high-high end" speciality items that involve an added cost, but most, including me, were very happy with what was available.

Tendering was not a problem for us, coming or going. Things worked fine. Those tenders are pretty good-sized and can hold a fair number of passengers and staff.

Enjoy your cruise! Terry in Ohio

From “The Bar”, here is what it showed for the main area with various Scotch selections and other options for drinks in this area. If you wanted added options, I understand there is more available. There are also nice bar areas in the Panorama Lounge and on the Pool Deck. The secret is asking. The bar staff was very good and helpful.:

CloudBarSelections.jpg

Regarding the Whiskies: I personally killed the last bottle of MacCallen on board. If I understood what the bartender told me correctly, SS used to have MacCallen but changed to the three Glens plus Aberloue as their single malts. After Mac was dead I found the Aberloue 15 quite satisfactory (though I don't pretend to be a single malt conniseur).

Greg

The Macallan is a fine whiskey, though I'm guessing they only had the 12 year old on board based on what I see in Terry's great picture. The Aberlour is the 15, which IMHO is an excellent though still reasonably priced scotch. Much richer, smoother and fuller of flavor than the 12 YO Glens and Macs. In fact, I prefer it to and of their 15s as well. Now the 18YO Macallan puts the rest to shame, but that's a wee bit more money!

Actually, I'm assuming that this 15 is the one that is finished off in sherry casks. Greg, do you know if that's the case? It's right on the front of the label, but I can't quite tell from the picture.... I'm not that into Champagne, so I was hoping to ask for a bottle of Aberlour for the room when I saw the picture.

In any event, it seems like there are plenty of spirits to keep us busy... -John

Edited by jgrahamiii

The Macallan is a fine whiskey, though I'm guessing they only had the 12 year old on board based on what I see in Terry's great picture. The Aberlour is the 15, which IMHO is an excellent though still reasonably priced scotch. Much richer, smoother and fuller of flavor than the 12 YO Glens and Macs. In fact, I prefer it to and of their 15s as well. Now the 18YO Macallan puts the rest to shame, but that's a wee bit more money! Actually, I'm assuming that this 15 is the one that is finished off in sherry casks. Greg, do you know if that's the case? It's right on the front of the label, but I can't quite tell from the picture.... I'm not that into Champagne, so I was hoping to ask for a bottle of Aberlour for the room when I saw the picture. In any event, it seems like there are plenty of spirits to keep us busy... -John

Greg: Regarding the Whiskies: I personally killed the last bottle of MacCallen on board. If I understood what the bartender told me correctly' date=' SS used to have MacCallen but changed to the three Glens plus Aberloue as their single malts. After Mac was dead I found the Aberloue 15 quite satisfactory (though I don't pretend to be a single malt conniseur).[/quote']

THANKS for added follow-up comments/questions! It's good to know that Greg was working so very, very hard on his detailed research about the Scotches during our cruise. Below is a little closer picture that shows the Aberlour to say "15" on the label. Agree that there were plenty of spirits to keep everyone busy and happy. Rest assured that Greg, duct tape and me did not drain the Silver Cloud dry. There's plenty left for future cruisers. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Here's a close up of that top row of Scotches on the Silver Cloud on July 6.:

CloudScotchCloseUp.jpg

jgrahamiii,

Yes, the bottle in TLCOhio's closeup above reads "Sherry Wood Finish". I think, though, that that this is a discontinued bottling that will likely be replaced soon with Aberlour 12- or 16-year-old double-casked single malts.

Bob.

jgrahamiii,

Yes, the bottle in TLCOhio's closeup above reads "Sherry Wood Finish". I think, though, that that this is a discontinued bottling that will likely be replaced soon with Aberlour 12- or 16-year-old double-casked single malts.

Bob.

Ooh, I hope not. I really like the 15 - and it is hard to find around me. Thakns for the info everyone!

Thanks for your helpful reply, Terry. Pleased you enjoyed Windsor Castle. They have done it up nicely since the fire haven't they? As residents we can get free entry anytime but we rarely make use of it which is a shame. We always attend the Christmas Eve Midnight Mass in St George's Chapel though which is really special.

We have just got our cruise documents and have suite 504. This is the very front cabin on deck 5. Does anyone know what it is like? Are the Vista cabins on Deck 5 the same as the Vista cabins on deck 4?

Did your wife use the hairdressing salon? If so can you please give me an indication of prices?

Best wishes

Sweep

Thanks for your helpful reply, Terry. Pleased you enjoyed Windsor Castle. They have done it up nicely since the fire haven't they? As residents we can get free entry anytime but we rarely make use of it which is a shame. We always attend the Christmas Eve Midnight Mass in St George's Chapel though which is really special. We have just got our cruise documents and have suite 504. This is the very front cabin on deck 5. Does anyone know what it is like? Are the Vista cabins on Deck 5 the same as the Vista cabins on deck 4? Did your wife use the hairdressing salon? If so can you please give me an indication of prices? Best wishes Sweep

THANKS for the nice comments and your lovely hometown of Windsor! That's a truly world-class site for history, art and architecture. BUT, what you're close to, sometimes it doesn't get visited enough.

My wife didn't have them do any hair treatments. Our friend got the foot treatment and loved it. You can see her happy smile. The staff seemed very nice and upbeat there when I visited and took this picture below.

I have not been inside suite 504. I assume it is pretty much, on the inside, exactly or about the same as the other Vista and balcony suites. The only downside is that you are at a farther walk away from the central elevators on the ship, taking a little extra time and effort. You might get a little anchor-dropping noise at a few times from what people have told me on the 4th level at that far front part of the ship. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

The Spa is popular on a sea day and here our friend, Janet, is treated like a “QUEEN”, loving it so very much!:

CloudSpaTreatment.jpg

Edited by TLCOhio

sweep,

Only other issue about "front" is motion. We started out in 609 (well to the front) but after our leak we were moved to 626 (pretty much amidship). While I don't typically have any sensitivity to motion; both my wife and cousin do and they said there was a significant difference. In fact I've been directed not to book a forward suite on any future cruise:p.

Terry, Sorry to be slow getting to you. Your trip narratives and pictures were great. keep up the good work. Ken

Appreciate Ken's nice comments. I am now polishing up a separate and final “review” or report on the Silver Cloud to be posted on Cruise Critic. It will pull together lots of details that might be of interest to those considering the Silver Cloud for their future bookings/sailings.

I also had this one other area of items that I wanted to post on this question: “What did we learn about Norway and its economy during this visit?” This is one of the areas I had not touched on that much in the earlier reports.

Norway is very, very costly. That's one of the key advantages for doing a cruise there to lessen some of those higher lodging, food and local transportation costs when attempting a land tour. Plus, in this area of the world, the rail and road options can be a little limited due to the geographic of this country.

From my research, there are three main factors for these higher costs in Norway. First, that 25% VAT tax hidden in the cost of all products and services does really add up. Second, their taxes are very high and those costs all get added into things and drive up labor, etc., costs. Third, since so many of their goods need to be imported (with decent tariffs added on), it all makes these costs higher and higher. Without all of the oil wealth since 1969, Norway would have a fiscal mess. Thanks to that oil money, it has driven up labor costs and demand in many parts of their country. That wealth, however, means they have no national debt, have enjoyed lots of infrastructure improvements and have a "sovereign fund" equaling about $100K per person. It's an interesting country and financial situation. Before doing this trip, I had also talked with a fellow Ohioan who had been the US Ambassador to Norway 2001-2005 and he had given me added background and history on this country.

Despite these high costs, there is the beauty of this spectacular coast with their expected fjords, plus the mountains, green fields, islands, etc.

What might things cost in Norway? Here are a range of examples. At a 7-11 (yes they have those there) in Alesund, a Snickers candy bar would be $4. A beer in front of the historic warehouses in Bergen was $13.25 (I did say it was $12 earlier, but my math was bad in converting its 85 NOK cost to dollars). Lunch for two with a small pizza, hamburger and two drinks was $65 in Tromso. You get the idea? Not cheap. Sorry! Far from it. A Toyota RAV4 that costs around $23,000 here would have been $62K at the showroom in Leknes on the Lofoten Island.

Our guide in Bergen also explained that there are serious labor and people “imbalances” in Norway. Women are in larger numbers (compared to men) in the cities, while in the more rural/country and more northern areas, it is the men in much larger proportion. The country also needs more people as its population is aging, quickly. About 8% of the population is immigrants. Our guide said there is a phrase of “we need more hands” to reflect the future question/challenge of who will do the work and services in the future for Norway as its population gets older.

BEST SHOPPING: We liked Bergen best with it various woolen items. The prices were fairly reasonable and provided nice and enjoyable item to give and share as memories of our trip to Norway. You can see a couple of pictures below on that fun of shopping in the heart of charming Bergen.

PICTURES: Several have been kind of enough to mention the quality of my photos. This might have been mentioned earlier, but I wanted to share that you can check this posting from my 2008 Baltics trip. This includes my detailed suggestions and “secrets” to getting better travel pictures. Comment on that earlier posting and let me know your reactions.

TERRY’S PHOTO TIPS:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=977864

THANKS to all who have spent any time on these postings! Now we are over 14,500 views, which is a huge number. Appreciate that interest and all of the comments and questions. Keep it coming! Don’t be shy or a stranger.

Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Where do you shop in Norway? Here are a couple of examples in Bergen in looking for woolen items in the charming area right near the Fish Market. As you can tell by the friendly smiles, both my wife and Sharon were enjoying themselves. :

BergenBuyingPenny.jpg

BergenSharonHatTesting.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

:)hello terry,

We (bart and ann-sophie) had a lovely cruise on the Cloud last april. loved it so much that we are booked on the TA barcelona-barbados next november. every day we are talking about our next cruise with the Cloud:) last week, sunday morning, before going to the bakery for croissants, I took my laptop in bed and we have read your very nice review of the cloud. having a great morning:):)nice to see that your captain is smiling, we had captain Peter ,,,,, and saw him never with a smile and the only crewmember that wasn't friendly:confused:(but hey, we survived); sad to read yestereday that captain pontillo has debarked, I hoped to have him as captain for the crossing.:(

can you remember if Rodger, the poolboy, was still on the cloud? hey really was very attentive for us.

Your photos are amezing, can I use the photo from the Cloud in the sognerfjord as my personal wallpaper?

many thanks for the review and nice photos, it reads like a book

greetings

:)hello terry, We (bart and ann-sophie) had a lovely cruise on the Cloud last april. loved it so much that we are booked on the TA barcelona-barbados next november. every day we are talking about our next cruise with the Cloud:) last week, sunday morning, before going to the bakery for croissants, I took my laptop in bed and we have read your very nice review of the cloud. having a great morning:):)nice to see that your captain is smiling, we had captain Peter ,,,,, and saw him never with a smile and the only crewmember that wasn't friendly:confused:(but hey, we survived); sad to read yestereday that captain pontillo has debarked, I hoped to have him as captain for the crossing.:(

can you remember if Rodger, the poolboy, was still on the cloud? hey really was very attentive for us. Your photos are amezing, can I use the photo from the Cloud in the sognerfjord as my personal wallpaper? many thanks for the review and nice photos, it reads like a book. greetings

THANKS, Bart and Ann-Sophie, for the kind comments on the Silver Cloud report and the pictures! Of course, I would be honored if you want to use that Sognerfjord picture as your personal wallpaper. Roll with it!! On Rodger, I do not know if he was our cruise. We spent some time around the pool, but not a huge amount of time, given the cooler weather in this area. His name does not immediately come to mind. Let me know any other questions or comments. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio