Live From The Caribbean Princess - July 2 to 11

AlaskaGolden

:(:(

Oh this is sad....No Lobster! No Crab legs! No mounds of peeled shrimp!

I was sooooo looking forward to it on my 7/11 cruise.

Do not worry, I talked to plenty of people who enjoyed it last week on our cruise.

Maybe it will be on another day. Just check in the patters daily for "special" items at the buffet.

Have a few minutes before getting ready for our first formal dinner, so thought I'd answer a couple of questions and fill you in on our day.

First, the new 5:30 PM Traditional Dining is in both of the Anytime Dining Rooms. I asked the head waiter last night at dinner and he said a portion of both dining rooms are reserved for the 5:30 PM dining option.

Second, the A/C. It has been comfortable so far in our cabin and in the common areas. The only time I felt a bit cool was last night a dinner. I'd rather be cool than warm...so far, so good.

Update on today...We RELAXED! Breakfast was a combination of granola and egg/cheese muffins from the International Café & plain yogurt, fruit and cold rice pudding from the Buffet. Didn't like the granola, the egg/cheese muffin was delicious! The rest of the food was good and typical Princess buffet.

After breakfast it was up to the Sanctuary for relaxing. In our opinion, it was worth the $135 per person for this cruise, especially on busy sea days. Hopped down to the gym for a quick work-out, then the AM FIFA Soccer Game, then lunch at the Horizon Buffet, then more relaxing at the Sanctuary followed by the PM FIFA game.

The only thing I don't understand in Café Caribe. It seems like they advertise the place, but it is never open! For example, today there was supposed to be an All American Buffet lunch in Café Caribe from Noon to 2 PM. I checked, and didn't see either side open. Oh well, the Horizon Buffet has good food so we're not starving!:rolleyes:

Tomorrow is Bermuda and we have a relatively early excursion. It's not exactly the one listed above. Princess changed it due to one of the beach areas being closed. More about that tomorrow.

Until then...

Just curious, I am wondering whether there are long lines when the anytime dining rooms open now that they are using part of both of them.

Also, are they taking any reservations for 5:30 or 6 in the anytime dining or is it limited to the early traditional diners?

HI MUSICGIRL 63 CAN YOU TELL ME IF ARIEL WAS FROM ROMANIA? I WAS ON THE PACIFIC PRINCESS NINE YRS AGO AND I MET A WINE STEWARD WITH THE SAME NAME I HAVE TAKEN 7 CRUISES WITH PRINCESS SINCE THEN AND NEVER SAW HIM AGAIN I WILL BE ON THE CARIBBEAN PRINCESS JULY 29TH AND I WAS JUST WONDERING IF IT IS THE SAM ARIEL. THANKS:confused:

Do not worry, I talked to plenty of people who enjoyed it last week on our cruise.

Maybe it will be on another day. Just check in the patters daily for "special" items at the buffet.

I'll check the Patter daily now. Thanks! :D

Hi Nauti, me too....I don't like to feel cold.

Last yr on the CB it was PERFECT! Never needed a cover-up, sweater, notta thing.

Hope it's like that for our cruise. ;)

Sue, Chris,

My inner child is an arsonist. I am so happy it has been on the cool side.

:cool: Always one in the crowd...........:D:D

See you and Sue in a couple of days. :)

Sue, Chris,

My inner child is an arsonist. I am so happy it has been on the cool side.

Ginger

Ginger you and Maggie are similar then. She gives off so much heat kids come up and want to roast marshmallows. :D

Our A/C will be cranked, thats for sure.

LOL

:(:(

Oh this is sad....No Lobster! No Crab legs! No mounds of peeled shrimp!

I was sooooo looking forward to it on my 7/11 cruise.

C' date=' we had it the first night around sail-a-way time. The "bigger" shrimp are on a tower type serving thingy. They were scrumptios. Besides, you know we have better lobsta here in the Northeast:)

Todd - Thanks for your "Live from.." thread.

I'm following with interest as I'm on this ship next week. :)

<<can't wait>>

I hope you are doing a "live from" all your FF want to be kept in the loop:D

C, we had it the first night around sail-a-way time. The "bigger" shrimp are on a tower type serving thingy. They were scrumptios. Besides, you know we have better lobsta here in the Northeast:)

I hope you are doing a "live from" all your FF want to be kept in the loop

Hmmmm. well, Chris is the one with the "Free" internet, so maybe we can twist her arm. ;)

:D

Just got off the CB on friday. What a great trip!! Also had a cabin on the caribe deck/midship. Loved the bigger balcony. YES, there were lobster claws at the sailaway buffet in the horizon. Go to the international cafe, you will love it. Have a great time!!!

Thanks for your live posts. I'm sailing on a similar cruise, leaving from Red Hook on July 29, so this is very interesting.

So in the Sanctuary, if you buy the pass, you get to pick a deck chair you'll have for the entire time? Or was that just for your first day?

C, we had it the first night around sail-a-way time. The "bigger" shrimp are on a tower type serving thingy. They were scrumptios. Besides, you know we have better lobsta here in the Northeast

Your right! When you think of Maine - what's the first thing that pops into your head? Lobster! :D

Hmmmm. well, Chris is the one with the "Free" internet, so maybe we can twist her arm.

We will be getting 250 of free minutes each.

The hard part is finding time with all our activities. :rolleyes:..:D

We'll just have to squeeze it in. ;):p

So in the Sanctuary, if you buy the pass, you get to pick a deck chair you'll have for the entire time? Or was that just for your first day?

If you buy it for the entire cruise, the one you pick is yours for the cruise.

Thanks for your live posts. I'm sailing on a similar cruise, leaving from Red Hook on July 29, so this is very interesting.

Hey Crosbystreet - the chair you pick your the first day is your chair for the entire time there UNLESS of course you want the guys to move it into or out of the sun for you (you'll see what I mean when you see it in person. You can choose chairs out in the "front" where you sign up or "inside" where you would usually sit. You can even have them turn the chair around to face the ocean if you like... .OMG - youre gonna love it - can't wait to hear how much you like it when we get there...

either his computer broke down or he's just having too much of a good time to post.

Now he's coming home tomorrow so I guess we won't hear from him anymore :(

Hopefully someone from the July 11th cruise will post a live thread that we can all relish till it's our turn on 7/29.

:) :) :)

How come people only post a "live from" thread. Lets give equal time to the other side. I'd like to see a "dead from" thread.

I'll be on the July 11 cruise. However, I've only done one live from thread, and that was a special occasion. I do write reviews however. Mine tend to run 2-3 pages per day. This time I am have installed my photo editing software, so I hope to add pictures to my review (rather than just post a link where the pictures can be viewed). Of course this only works for the reviews that I post to the main board. The reviews in the review section will still just have links.

How come people only post a "live from" thread. Lets give equal time to the other side. I'd like to see a "dead from" thread.

I'll be on the July 11 cruise. However, I've only done one live from thread, and that was a special occasion. I do write reviews however. Mine tend to run 2-3 pages per day. This time I am have installed my photo editing software, so I hope to add pictures to my review (rather than just post a link where the pictures can be viewed). Of course this only works for the reviews that I post to the main board. The reviews in the review section will still just have links.

:) very funny. Actually if you think about it, this has become a 'dead from' thread because we're the only ones posting on it and we are on land!!!

I am following you on July 29th so enjoy your cruise tomorrow. I'll be waiting on the dock when you come home!

;)

:) very funny. Actually if you think about it, this has become a 'dead from' thread because we're the only ones posting on it and we are on land!!!

I am following you on July 29th so enjoy your cruise tomorrow. I'll be waiting on the dock when you come home!

;)

Only if you are a week early. We get back on the 20th.

Archived