Jewel of the Seas

Jewel is our very favorite RCI ship and Radiance class ships in general are the ones we really enjoy the most. We will be boarding her for the repositioning cruise when you get off. Beautiful ship with a great solarium and the Seaview Cafe is a feature that many don't find until later in the cruise. For burgers, hot dogs, nachos, Reuben and Cuban sandwiches, and much more the Seaview is great. Since we live just south of Boston we frequently sail on Jewel,either a TA from Harwich, UK or on the annual repositioning cruise to Florida by way of the Caribbean.:)

Love, love, love the Jewel. We're from Boston. She's our 'home port' ship.

The itinerary you selected is great. You'll love the ports. Very easy, relaxing and quiet cruise. You'll enjoy the solarium indoor pool and hot tub. Perfect for a fall NE/Canadian cruise. I also like the Safari Lounge, deck 6 aft. Large windows, comfy chairs, perfect place to watch the world go by. the Radiance class ships have lots of huge windows. Glass elevators overlook the atrium and the ocean.

The crew is wonderful. We made many friends. We host them when they have time off in Boston.

For the food, we found the MDR vastly improved on our 4/10 sailing, as compared to 10/09. WJ, as always, was good.

I don't know what headliner shows you might have on this cruise. But any of the RCI shows are quite good. They have the Tango show and a Broadway Revue show.

Enjoy! Same as the previous posted we'll be on 10/31/10!!!

We loved the Jewel also. The captain seems to be the key. Capt. James MacDonald is upbeat and personable. His leadership seems to keep morale up for the crew and therefore service is great.

Our CD was Joff Eaton and he was really funny.

Enjoy!!!

We were on to Jewel to the Panama Canal. It's my favorite class of ships due to its nice size (not too large) and lots of glass for viewing. I'd love to sail on her to New England...lucky you!

Have sailed on Jewel twice, most recently last month. Problem with a number of folks getting ill. But it is a great ship and we enjoyed the current entertainment very much. Enjoy your trip!!:):)

We took her to the Baltic last year and loved her. I don't think the food has been a good as it used to be on RC ships, We were in a Jr. suite and it was a great size and the waiters, room stewards and all the staff were great. ENJOY!!!:D:D

Archived