All you can drink?

utseabee

I read millk is available 24/7 and always free through room service. And how could they not offer millk for breakfast in the dining rooms?

I find it interesting that everyone acts like lemonade is not one of the "juices" available - it is like people think lemonade is not a type of fruit juice. I don't see it that way. To me lemonade is juice, just with a lot more sugar than others like orange and apple.

You can get milk through room service, no problem. Who said milk was not available in the dining room with breakfast :confused:

Real lemonade is considered a juice, but not the type made the way most lemonade (including that served onboard the ship) is made.

I read millk is available 24/7 and always free through room service. And how could they not offer millk for breakfast in the dining rooms?

I find it interesting that everyone acts like lemonade is not one of the "juices" available - it is like people think lemonade is not a type of fruit juice. I don't see it that way. To me lemonade is juice, just with a lot more sugar than others like orange and apple.

Lemonade, coffee, tea, juice, what is the difference? They are probably just all reconsituted anyway.

So, will I get charged a cork fee to bring my Dr. Pepper to dinner? ;)

Lemonade, coffee, tea, juice, what is the difference? They are probably just all reconsituted anyway.

So, will I get charged a cork fee to bring my Dr. Pepper to dinner? ;)

Ships coffee and iced tea are made form a concentrate syrup (:() Most juices (if not all) are also from concentrate. I would also guess the same with the lemonade or possible a powdered mix (not sure about that one). Things like fresh squeeze OJ there is a charge for.

No, you will not be charged a corkage fee for taking your doctor pepper to dinner. ;)

No such thing as all you can drink beer or any type of alcohol on Princess. OMG, they would have to float another ship behind just to carry the beer for some, if that was the case. lol

I resemble that comment?;)

...I want the ultimate drink card for juices (specifically apple), smoothies, milkshakes, and mocktails. I never drink coffee, pop, or alcoholic beverages. Somebody said on another thread I can get a drink card for all the drinks I do like except milk, which is free anyway.

As others have confirmed, this is the ultimate non-alcoholic beverage card and it's offically called the "Ultimate Kid Package". I still have my cruise card with the "UKP" sticker on it. But, the card is not limited only to youngsters; I guess Princess recognizes the kid in everyone.:D

In our group of 5 adults, 4 of us purchased the card. We really enjoyed its convenience we indulged in mocktails and smoothies in the theatre and lounges. Nice to have beverages served at your seat. But, be warned, those mocktails are very sugary and those milk shakes are fattening:eek:! So, I gradually moved to the fruit smoothies and felt better (at least, psychologically;)). But, you may still want to check the ingredients. For the banana/pinapple smoothie, I noticed that they used a fresh banana but only pineapple juice/syrup which was still sugary. So, sometimes I would get my own fruit ingredients at the buffet and have them smoothied at the bar.

But, if you just want apple juice, here's another tip that my TA suggested: Order breakfast room service with quadruple apple juices and keep them in the fridge or a drink bottle. I do that with orange juice and throughout the day I mix it with sparkling water for a refreshing champagne.

• 8 months later...

Of course, you can also buy non-alcoholic beverages individually instead of getting the unlimited card. You have to consider whether you will really get your money's worth with the card or if you are better off just paying as you go. I think you break even at 2 mocktails a day, so you would need to have more than 2 per day to have it make sense.

I drink the water.

Non-specialty coffee & tea (hot or iced) in the diningroom and buffet - free.

(The coffee is not fresh ground but rather made with coffee syrup concentrate and is not palatble to some.)

Ice tea, lemonade in the buffet - free.

Juices in the morning in diningroom or buffet - free.

Soda with meals or from bar - charge per glass/can unless you buy the soda card.

Smoothies, mocktails, juices from the bars - charge per glass unless you buy the Ultimate Card.

Specialty coffees such as lattes, espressos, gourmet tea OR fresh brewed coffee from the International Cafe - charge per cup unless you buy the Coffee Card.

(Coffee card is 24.95 which gives you 15 specialty coffee beverages and free unlimited fresh brewed coffee from the international cafe. Unused beverage purchases on this card can be carried forward to future cruises).

Tap Water - free. Bottled water - charge per bottle.

Hope this helps.

$45 per person per day! Wow. I think I can really pack it away, but I can't imagine drinking that much in one day, even at retail prices. Maybe if I bought one very expensive bottle of wine (unlikely, my tastes just aren't that refined).

Non-specialty coffee & tea (hot or iced) in the diningroom and buffet - free.

(The coffee is not fresh ground but rather made with coffee syrup concentrate and is not palatble to some.)

Ice tea, lemonade in the buffet - free.

Juices in the morning in diningroom or buffet - free.

Soda with meals or from bar - charge per glass/can unless you buy the soda card.

Smoothies, mocktails, juices from the bars - charge per glass unless you buy the Ultimate Card.

Specialty coffees such as lattes, espressos, gourmet tea OR fresh brewed coffee from the International Cafe - charge per cup unless you buy the Coffee Card.

(Coffee card is 24.95 which gives you 15 specialty coffee beverages and free unlimited fresh brewed coffee from the international cafe. Unused beverage purchases on this card can be carried forward to future cruises).

Tap Water - free. Bottled water - charge per bottle.

Hope this helps.

Milk in dining rooms and at the buffet, free.

Coffee from the syrup, juice (for breakfast), milk, tea from room service, free.

My wife and I would usually have 1-2 beers by the pool in the late afternoon, then maybe one drink in a bar before dinner, a glass of wine with dinner and then maybe one drink in a bar later at night if there was some entertainment. This would be over 6-7 hours and the drinks seem to be pretty weak. I don't think I ever had even much of a buzz must less being anywhere near intoxicated (I remember my college days).

Our final bar bill though was easily $20-30 per person per day. As I recall, our drinks were usually $5.50-$6.50 each. We tend to tip $1 with each drink if the bartender is nice so that factors in.

A huge source of their revenue is alcohol. If they had "all you can drink," these would be very expensive cruises.

Celebrity is currently the only mainstream cruiseline that offers an all you can drink option for individual pax. Bottoms up!!

costa does as well. a couple of them. one for just beer, wine and water at mealtimes - the X1 and the other is the J1 which includeds everything.

What, no wine only packages that include wine with breakfast???;)

Does it only include "house" wines?

Is Champagne considered wine for those packages?

Just Curious...

Now you really don't want to be slurping "Princess Swill" at any time if you can get away with it.

Ciao for now!!!

No such thing as all you can drink beer or any type of alcohol on Princess. OMG, they would have to float another ship behind just to carry the beer for some, if that was the case. lol

Toto - I didn't think we had ever been on the same cruise! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Caribbean Princess this Christmax and the drink package (as explained to us) was just for sodas. We could pay extra and get free milkshakes at the ice cream bar for an added fee (which we did). Are we sure there's a package that includes alcohol free drinks? Also, I saw something (too late) regarding a coffee card in the Int'l Cafe? Any details on that? Can it be combined with other non-alcohol?:confused::confused:

I did no go too far back in this thread so forgive me if I am repeating something that has already been discussed....

Another cruise line rolled out an "all you can drink" liquor package this past month. I think it was Royal Caribbean.

The price was about $45 per day for all you can drink mixed drinks, which is not a bad deal at all.

I hope Princess considers the same kind of package service. I think it would do well, though I would hate to consider how many more uncontrollable drunks there would be on board because of it.

Actually Princess does have an "all you can drink" alcohol package they just don't advertise it.

To get it you just sign for all your drinks all week instead of paying for them. At the end of your cruise Princess will bill you, instead of showing it as a "package" they break it up in different charges to throw people off.

They never tell you ahead of time what it costs but every cruise I have been on they have done it for me.

I did no go too far back in this thread so forgive me if I am repeating something that has already been discussed....

Another cruise line rolled out an "all you can drink" liquor package this past month. I think it was Royal Caribbean.

The price was about $45 per day for all you can drink mixed drinks, which is not a bad deal at all.

I hope Princess considers the same kind of package service. I think it would do well, though I would hate to consider how many more uncontrollable drunks there would be on board because of it.

It has been around for about a year now and its on Celebrity although the demographic on X is a bit different than Princess and I haven't heard of many issues with drunks.

Archived