Mariner with teenagers

Just wondering about cabins when booking with teenagers. Are they able to have their own cabin or does one adult have to be present?

Do they have interconnectiong rooms at all?

Can you have 3 people in a cabin?

Thanks

They can have their own cabin. Technically, the way you book it is one adult and one kid in each of 2 cabins, but when you board, you just put both kids together and the adults together. We booked cabins side by side several times doing this. It works great, and no one on board cares. The rooms do not interconnect, but we never found this to be a problem. If I needed to tell the boys something and didn't want to go out in the hall, I just called them on the telephone

Also (I found this out later), you can make some of them interconnecting by getting the partition between the balconies removed, making one big balcony.

There are some cabins which hold 3 people. You can see this on the desk plans on the website.

Yes, the 3 person ones are the same size, but there is plenty of room. The couch turns into a bed, and my 6'4" son thought it was plenty comfortable. The stewardess makes it up in the daytime then converts it back to a bed in the evening. There is a curtain between the sitting area and the bed, so with that pulled, it is like having your own mini-cabin.

This is straight from the rssc.com site and may help :

Q: How is pricing handled for triples/quad occupancy?

A: The third or fourth adult in any deluxe or penthouse suite is 50% of the minimum category fare after early booking or 2-for-1 savings has been applied. Third and fourth guests in named suites will pay the minimum category fare. Third and fourth guests do not qualify for free air on free air or What a Fare Deal promotions. Standard air add-ons apply. Children ages 11 and under in any category pay 50% of the minimum category fare.

Archived