Princess Cays?

bruexx

Can someone give me a brief explantion of what this stop is all about,having never been there before.We are going on the Ruby Princess criuse on Oct 24/10 +this is one of the stops.

Thanks Bruce H.

It is basically a day at the beach that only has your cruise passengers there. You tender to the shore and there is plenty of beach. They offer a BBQ lunch (no cost) and of course plenty of bar staff to serve you. They also offer various watersports (sailing, paddle boat, aqua bike, etc) and snorkel gear at an additional cost. The only type of motorized watersports is a banana boat ride. There are a few excursions that you can take now, a tour of the island and I think scuba are now offered as well. Plenty of beach chairs, volleyball, etc on the beach. There are a few stores and local vendors as well. The drinks, activities, etc that are from Princess are all charged to your stateroom. Overall, I nice day on a secluded beach.

Tim

TMitchell said it all!

If you like the beach, it is a great stop. Just walk off the tender and on the beach.

If you are looking for a day without spending extra cash, this is nice. Barbeque and soft drinks all included no extra charge.:cool:

Can someone give me a brief explantion of what this stop is all about,having never been there before.We are going on the Ruby Princess criuse on Oct 24/10 +this is one of the stops.

Thanks Bruce H.

We are on the same sailing. We have a nice roll call going, please join us!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1077970&page=27

Pretty awesome port actually. Just the fact its not very crowded and it just goes with what Princess preaches with their "Escape Completely" slogan because that is what it feels like. No cars or people hassling you to buy their products. Just water, sun, and sand. Go snorkeling, I think its pretty awesome as you can just barely swim out and to your left is a little reef with fish. I have heard bringing your own goggles and snorkel are alot cheaper.

If you are looking for a day without spending extra cash, this is nice. Barbeque and soft drinks all included no extra charge.:cool:

Soft drinks are at extra charge. And the soda sticker (if you purchased one onboard) is not valid on Princess Cays.

Also you can rent bungalows or clamshells for your time there. Bungalows have airconditioning and are usually renter beforhand just like a tour, and clamshells are adjustable covers that fit two loungers and are rented for the entire stay. I really liked the clamshell as it gives lots of shade and some privacy.

Also there are a few "craft" and beach wear stores there and everything is on your cruise card account.

The stores that are on the island accept cash only & not your cruise card.

I may be wrong but I think they accept credit cards at the stores. The little craft stands that are outside the gate are cash only.

Does anyone know if the Cays are wheelchair/scooter assessable?? :cool: :)

Cato

Passed Cruises !

First cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

Second cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

Third cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

Fourth cruise - Golden Princes, 12 November 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

Fifth & (hopefully Platinum member cruise), Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver -LA

Repositioning .

Sixth cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

Seventh cruise - Emerald Princess, 04 June 2011, 11 day Baltic, Copenhagen return.

Princess Cay is very beautiful and HOT....it is located on Eleuthera Island, Bahamas.

It is basically a hot tropical sandbar where the barefoot bandit was caught this morning....http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/11/barefoot-bandit-arrested-the-bahamas

Just go to Google maps and type in Eleuthera island...look at the southern part of the island and scroll in and you will see a tendered Princess ship and the tenders heading towards Princess Cay

I've been to Princess Cays several times and have always rented a clamshell for my Aunt and myself. Yes, it does get hot after a while, but that it when we go and cool off in the beautiful water. We also rent aqua chairs so that we can just sit in the ocean and float around. Then it's back to the clamshell for a drink.

My Uncle uses a scooter as he is unable to walk for extended periods of time and he has come onto the island twice. He feels a bit limited on the island as he is not able to go to the beach and can only travel just so far on the scooter. He joins us for the BBQ and even took the glass bottom boat trip once.

All in all, Princess Cays is a great island to visit...but that of course is just my opinion.

Does anyone know if the Cays are wheelchair/scooter assessable?? :cool: :)

Cato

Passed Cruises !

First cruise - Coral Princess' date=' 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA[/size']

Second cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

Third cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

Fourth cruise - Golden Princes, 12 November 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

Fifth & (hopefully Platinum member cruise), Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver -LA

Repositioning .

Sixth cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

Seventh cruise - Emerald Princess, 04 June 2011, 11 day Baltic, Copenhagen return.

The issue is getting on a tender. If the person can step onto the tender and chair can be folded and put on board then it can work. Princess will not lift the person in the chair and place onboard the tender. Once on the island there are concrete paths. There is a lot of wonderful information on the main board page under "Special Interest" then disability.

Archived