Dress code for lunch at Cagney's

poly3503

For both breakfast and lunch, we found the dress code at Cagney's to be a cut above what we saw at the buffet or the MDR. People were wearing shorts or jeans, and generally looked like they had made an effort to clean up a little bit. We didn't see anyone looking like they came right from the pool. Don't forget that suite guests can order breakfast and lunch from Cagney's delivered to their suite by their butler, so some people probably chose that if they wanted to stay really casual. We did see people in the courtyard eating in their swimsuits with a cover-up.

I don't remember ever going from the pool to Cagney's for lunch, probably because once I'm out of the pool I have to shower with soap, not just the shower at the pool. I can't stand to have dried pool water on me.. 8-)

But I have worn a beach outfit (long shorts and a shirt like top) with my bathing suit under it, when having breakfast, because we had just enough time to have breakfast and then head out to a beach excursion. I don't believe the rules are any different for Cagney's for breakfast and lunch as they are anywhere else for breakfast and lunch.

When we're not in a courtyard suite, we've gone to Cagney's straight from lounging by the pool. I wear a long cover-up - DH wears his swim trunks that are knee length (longer than some men's shorts:eek:).

I'm always presentable whenever we eat at Cagney's (whether straight from the pool or not) and when in the courtyard, we order from Cagney's and eat wearing our swimsuits (with no cover-up).

I don't judge what others are wearing and could care less if someone chooses to judge mine - that's on them, not me. You'll see all manner of dress up/dress down. Be comfortable with what you're wearing - that's what's important!!

Flame away........................:D:D

When we're not in a courtyard suite, we've gone to Cagney's straight from lounging by the pool. I wear a long cover-up - DH wears his swim trunks that are knee length (longer than some men's shorts:eek:).

I'm always presentable whenever we eat at Cagney's (whether straight from the pool or not) and when in the courtyard, we order from Cagney's and eat wearing our swimsuits (with no cover-up).

I don't judge what others are wearing and could care less if someone chooses to judge mine - that's on them, not me. You'll see all manner of dress up/dress down. Be comfortable with what you're wearing - that's what's important!!

Couldn't agree more!

Swimsuits in Cagney's? A resounding no. According to NCL swimsuits are acceptable in the buffet and the poolside barbecue. A good rule of thumb is: would you feel comfortable in a swimsuit in a fine restaurant in your town?

Well said, Lin.

PE

Swimsuits in Cagney's? A resounding no. According to NCL swimsuits are acceptable in the buffet and the poolside barbecue. A good rule of thumb is: would you feel comfortable in a swimsuit in a fine restaurant in your town?

I would hardly call Cagney's a fine restaurant. And there is a BIG difference between what is acceptable at a vacation resort, or cruise ship, and what is acceptable "in town"

When I talk of wearing a swimsuit to Cagneys for lunch or breakfast, I am referring to a tshirt dress just below my knee or a sundress over my dry bathing suit. I have seen some in bathingsuits and wrap around sarongs or shorts over their suits.

I've gone to Cagney's in my underwear.

I did have a pair of pants and shirt on over the top of them. :D

If you wear a cover up, that isn't too revealing, you will be fine.

Take care,

Mike

ROTFLMAO, I'm so glad I didn't have any coffee in my mouth when I read that one.

I think it's fine to wear a bathing suit to Cagney's as long as it is dry and you wear a nice cover-up over it. Also, I wouldn't go to Cagney's with globs of greasy suntan oil on. Just remember that you're sitting on nice upholstered chairs which someone after you will also be sitting on.

Whenever we dined in Cagney's, for breakfast, lunch or dinner, we made every effort to dress appropriately for the time of day.

The breakfast-lunch priviledge comes as a Suite perq. A Suite we have paid a lot of money for. I know that money doesnt buy class, but it should at least set a standard above the usual.

I actually just wanted to post about the couple that always sat near us during lunch at Cagney's. The gentleman was the hairest human on the planet. He was seriously part Wookie. I couldnt stomach the sight of him in a sleeveless shirt, and had to hide behind my husgand to keep him out of view. Unfortunately, I couldn't hide from his wife, who chewed loudly, with her mouth open.

Maybe it makes me snobby, to expect a certain level of refinement amongst our Suite Bretheren. Having said that. it is possible that we have done something untoward as well. Its a fine line, and subjective.

I think a number of us are just trying to relay our own experiences to the OP, so he/she can then make up their mind about what to wear to Cagney's. It doesn't mean we are hung up on what others are wearing. I stand by my statement that I have personally not seen people looking like they just wandered in from the pool. They may well be wearing a cover-up that looks like a dress over a dry suit, or (for the men) a bathing suit that looks just like regular shorts. But I have always found my fellow Cagney's diners to look neat and clean and dry. If you can do that in a bathing suit and cover-up, then you should be just fine. But this is in definite contrast to what you will see at the buffet or MDR ---- lots of people there who look sweaty and disheveled, like they have had a swim and sat in the sun for several hours. All of this, of course, is just my impression.

Whenever we dined in Cagney's, for breakfast, lunch or dinner, we made every effort to dress appropriately for the time of day.

The breakfast-lunch priviledge comes as a Suite perq. A Suite we have paid a lot of money for. I know that money doesnt buy class, but it should at least set a standard above the usual.

I actually just wanted to post about the couple that always sat near us during lunch at Cagney's. The gentleman was the hairest human on the planet. He was seriously part Wookie. I couldnt stomach the sight of him in a sleeveless shirt, and had to hide behind my husgand to keep him out of view. Unfortunately, I couldn't hide from his wife, who chewed loudly, with her mouth open.

Maybe it makes me snobby, to expect a certain level of refinement amongst our Suite Bretheren. Having said that. it is possible that we have done something untoward as well. Its a fine line, and subjective.

So, if we happen to be near you while dining, I should keep my burps in cheque?:D

I know exactly what you mean about having a less-than-pleasant dining experience because someone near you is unsightly or not very well mannered. But for the most part, I'm pretty easy.

As for dress, I just say be respectful.

I would hardly call Cagney's a fine restaurant. And there is a BIG difference between what is acceptable at a vacation resort, or cruise ship, and what is acceptable "in town"

You wouldn't? Then what would you call it?

I know what you mean. We had a couple who sat next to us and the woman had the worst cellulite I have ever seen. She must have had cottage cheese for thighs. Plus the hanging arm fat and old wrinkled skin was just just gross. I hate to think of what she would have looked like in a bathing suit.

Oh yeah: She couldn't help it and neither could the guy with body hair. She could have undergone expensive and painful surgery to remove the fat and cellulite as could have the guy with the body hair. The question I have is: Why should they? Just because someone can't handle seeing the non-perfect body. Let's get real here.

Take care,

Mike

I would call it a sit down restaurant on a cruise ship, where resort casual attire is appropriate for breakfast and lunch.

Dry swimsuits with a classy COVER up are perfectly acceptable in a vacation enviorment.

Most everyone wouldn't think twice about someone entering Cagneys for breakfast or lunch dressed casually. And if someone does turn their nose up at someone that is not dressed to their standards, well, that's their bad.

This is 2010, the notion of cruise "dressing to the nines" is long gone for most people. Being comfortable, relaxed, and dressing just as one pleases is all that matters......................in a word: FREESTYLE!

The question I have is: Why should they? Just because someone can't handle seeing the non-perfect body. Let's get real here.

Take care,

Mike

I guess Mark Twain was wrong. ;) Referring to your signature quote, which I love by the way.

To the topic, I agree with most of the posters that I just try to dress respectfully/appropriately for the location.

It's so funny how different things bother different people.

I too find a man's hairy armpit, very, shall I say "unappetizing?

I don't judge the shoulders, neck, and head that is connected to that armpit, I just find the hairy pit "yukky". :)

And, I too am more grossed out by some people's table manners than what they are wearing.

Different strokes for different folks.

Archived