Kidless Cruises

waterbaby1

The luxury end of the market like Seabourn, Silversea, Crystal, etc. have few, if any, facilities for children which tends to keep them away! HAL has a reputation for being "child unfriendly" which isn't altogether justified IMO but generally speaking HAL attracts and older (some say too old!) clientele. As usual, it depends on when you plan to cruise (avoid the school holidays) and your itinerary.

There are no childless cruises even on the Luxury Lines.

You can minimize the number of children based on the time of year you travel, the length of the itinerary and the area of the world you are traveling.

Specifically, longer cruises in more remote areas of the world, during the time when children will be in school will minimize the number of children on board the ship and if this is taken on a cruise line such as a luxury or premium cruise line this will further reduce the chance of children.

Keith

Keith

Oh yes there are, P & O offer child free cruises on two ships, currently the Arcadia and the Artemis. The latter will be replaced next year with the Adonia, currently a Princess Cruise ship. You will just have to put up with us Brits:D:D:D, seriously, well worth a look.

To minimize keds:

Sail when schools are in session

Cruise far from the US

Take long cruises

Take expensive criuses

Think you meant Kids not (sports shoes Keds) :):)

Smart minds think alike. I said essentially the same thing in an earlier post. :eek:

Keith

If there every was a child-less cruise line, they would have our undivided attention and business!

For me, it would depend on where they went. The Princess cruise we go on are nearly kid free. We rarely sail with more than a handful onboard.

You can minimize the number of children based on the time of year you travel, the length of the itinerary and the area of the world you are traveling.

Specifically, longer cruises in more remote areas of the world, during the time when children will be in school will minimize the number of children on board the ship and if this is taken on a cruise line such as a luxury or premium cruise line this will further reduce the chance of children.

Keith

Saga Holidays is for those over 50. If you bring your children, they must all be over 40. EM

Itinerary and time of year also have a big impact on what cruises are least likely to have a lot of kids.

For example: New England/Canada in October . Most any cruise in November except Thanksgiving week.

I agree with this. All our cruises have been on RCCL during Nov/Dec and we have encountered very few children, even on the Voyager class ships. We purposely avoid booking during Thanksgiving and the Christmas holidays.

Not only do we get a relatively child free vacation - the prices tend to be lower, we are often the only ship in port and we still get great weather.

Saga Holidays is for those over 50. If you bring your children, they must all be over 40. EM

Essiesmom is right about the 2 Saga ships, but Saga also have another ship- Spirit of Adventure- which is for over 21yrs only.

Jo.

Oh yes there are, P & O offer child free cruises on two ships, currently the Arcadia and the Artemis. The latter will be replaced next year with the Adonia, currently a Princess Cruise ship. You will just have to put up with us Brits:D:D:D, seriously, well worth a look.

Well of course it would be the Brits! All of your best cooks work in pubs, which allow dogs but not kids. I'll admit a few kid-friendly pubs (keep 'em out of sight please) had good food, great beer and wonderful Apple Cider.

Well of course it would be the Brits! All of your best cooks work in pubs, which allow dogs but not kids. I'll admit a few kid-friendly pubs (keep 'em out of sight please) had good food, great beer and wonderful Apple Cider.

Love it, Taxguy!:D

Pubs which serve food can normally admit kids....it's the heavy boozing bars which are a no-no!

Jo.

What cruise line is Saga Holidays?

They are a UK based company that run various types of tours and three ships: Saga Ruby, Saga Pearl II, and the expedition ship mentioned by another poster. Google them. EM

They are a UK based company that run various types of tours and three ships: Saga Ruby, Saga Pearl II, and the expedition ship mentioned by another poster. Google them. EM

I suspect that this is not what the OP had in mind.

The short answer is that there are not any cruise lines that cater to USA passengers that offer adult only cruising. Yes, there are ways to select cruises that will have minimal and possibly no kids.

Keith

I suspect that this is not what the OP had in mind.

The short answer is that there are not any cruise lines that cater to USA passengers that offer adult only cruising. Yes, there are ways to select cruises that will have minimal and possibly no kids.

Keith

Keith, broaden you mind, we cruise with Yanks often on Cunard, try cruising with us Brits, you'll enjoy it. On my last cruise on Artemis, there were a number of Yanks, the ship sailed out of Barbados, not too far to fly for you guys, obviously depending on what part of the US:D:D

Keith, broaden you mind, we cruise with Yanks often on Cunard, try cruising with us Brits, you'll enjoy it. On my last cruise on Artemis, there were a number of Yanks, the ship sailed out of Barbados, not too far to fly for you guys, obviously depending on what part of the US:D:D

We enjoy sailing with others from around the world and have been fortunate to experience that on many cruise lines we sail on. :p

Keith

Do our Princess loyalty levels cross over to P & O, such as elite, platinum?

Also I don't recall ever being on a Princess ship and seeing any British children. Now at some of the caribbean resorts, we have seen British children and they were always polite and were never a problem.

I wish the U.S. restaurants would not allow children to be seated in the bar area of a restaurant. That was the last safe have for us. Maybe that's why we enjoyed our time over in Scotland so much.:)

Archived