Hmm do people get excited with 6 weeks left to cruise?

I have 6 weeks left until my cruise out of NJ and I am starting to get really excited but at the same time it seems so far away. And it's funny because when I booked this cruise 5 months ago that seemed really far away so should I be feeling like wow it's so much closer now? I don't know.

I concur with the previous post. I'm more than 452 days out from the Grandeur and pretty psyched. Imagine how excited I am being 74 days out! And tonight I got the email from RCI that just ramps up the excitement. You know the one. It starts out "Dear xxx, Your cruise vacation is fast approaching..." I swear it's the best email ever. ;)

I have 6 weeks left until my cruise out of NJ and I am starting to get really excited but at the same time it seems so far away. And it's funny because when I booked this cruise 5 months ago that seemed really far away so should I be feeling like wow it's so much closer now? I don't know.

Hi, we have about 5 weeks left for our cruise on Oasis! :D It was booked almost two years ago :eek: that's right. I think it was the day booking opened up for this ship. We are cruising with good friends and it can't come soon enough.

As someone said, enjoy this time as the cruise itself will FLY by and be a memory.

We have cruises booked in Oct '10, Jan '11 on the Allure;-), Oct'11 and a B2B in Jan '12 and we can't wait for each and every one! By the time each cruise rolls around, I will have (over)researched all of our excursions, the layout of the ships and participated in the M&M roll calls. I never stop dreaming about that "next" cruise. As if that isn't enough to think about, I also have to figure out the amount of OT I'll need to work to take these cruises-LOL!

We just sailed the Oasis this past June. We made the reservations the day the bookings opened in August 2008. The time flew by and so did the cruise. While on the cruise we booked our next one for June, 2011. We are going to Bermuda and we are very excited as we have never been there before.

I like others that have posted, I will have researched Bermuda and all the excursions available to us. I have already figured out how to pay the cruise off in a "layaway" type of plan.

I am just under 6 weeks to our next cruise on Mariner and while I am so excited, I dont want it to come to quick because then it ends that much sooner. Thankfully I have a weekend cruise booked in November so at least it's another cruise to look forward to after this one.

For the record, the only email that will be better than the one I mentioned before is the one I hope to get in October that begins, "Dear xxx, Congratulations on achieving Diamond status." :D

Have you joined our Roll Call? Mariner 9/26...........

LOL maddea -- From the looks of your avatar, you're already doing your "doc dance" ---- er, I guess that's now the "printed out sea pass" dance! ;) :p

LOL maddea -- From the looks of your avatar, you're already doing your "doc dance" ---- er, I guess that's now the "printed out sea pass" dance! ;) :p

Lol. Yeah that is my doc dance I guess. Never thought about that.

Yup I'm excited and will be more excited when I have one week left. But like someone said I don't want it to come and then end oh so quickly neither. Oh well I'll just enjoy the aniticipation as much as possible now. We still have excursions to figure out and also completing our set sail passes. Whoo Hoo!!

I get excited when mine are six months away. Of course, that might have something to do with my booking 2 years in advance. :o

I know -- isn't it sad when your count-down clocks look like they are measuring time in "dog years"? ;)

We're in the same boat as others! Booked our Oasis cruise 2yrs ago and have been excited ever since. I always get excited for a cruise doesn't matter where too or how long, as long as im not at work its a good day!! We started really getting excited when the first couple reviews were coming in and the pictures so now we just can't wait for it to be our turn! Happy Cruising Everyone!!

Totally normal. We have been waiting since August 08 to go on our cruise and we STILL have 8-1/2 weeks to wait :eek:

What does Hmm mean? I don't get it :confused: Just ask the question. I have seen this on a lot of posts and it is becoming a pet peeve of mine. Hmmmm.

What does Hmm mean? I don't get it :confused: Just ask the question. I have seen this on a lot of posts and it is becoming a pet peeve of mine. Hmmmm.

I get it. It was a rhetorical question.

I have a little more than 7 weeks to go and it seems like it will take forever. I do have 2 separate weeks of beach trips between now and then but I am not really excited about those.

Yeah I have a couple of very small trips before my cruise which will make the time go quicker. I'm semi excited about those trips. But cruising is the best. :)

I have about 11 months to go before our next cruise and I am very excited. Half the excitement is planning. Before I know it our trip will be here and gone. Hopefully I'll be planning the next one. Enjoy every minute of it. :)

Booked our upcoming cruise on Splendour of the Seas last week, so it was straight into pre-cruise excitement, and only another 5 weeks to go.

Have 10 day trip to the UK tomorrow so once we return from there we can almost start packing for the cruise.:D

Archived