What are the must haves for Dinner?

SISer

Will be on the Victory soon, from what I have read Carnivals menu and food is the same fleet wide. Won't be having lunch on board since this is a port intensive cruise. What are the must haves at dinner time? I prefer meat to seafood.

Does anybody have any recent pics of Carnivals dinner entres?

Thanks.

Will be on the Victory soon, from what I have read Carnivals menu and food is the same fleet wide. Won't be having lunch on board since this is a port intensive cruise. What are the must haves at dinner time? I prefer meat to seafood.

Does anybody have any recent pics of Carnivals dinner entres?

Thanks.

Warning - food pics/threads attached - do not view when hungry!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1200310

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/TA/Menus/MDR/mdr_7day.htm#Day1

And of course there is the whole 'foodies' thread which makes for good reading: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=204

It seemed to me on the Conquest, that all of the pasta dishes were outstanding.

Also all the beef we had was prepared exactly right, and very tender. Our lobster and shrimp was great as well.

I don't remember a bad meal really.

Chocolate warm melting cake...I may have it every-night. even though I have learned how to make it perfectly, it is still my favorite dessert. Escargot always! and creme brulee. Well I seem to like everything pretty much!:p

Braised short ribs (at least on the Lido deck)

But the all time not-to-miss item has to be the ......................

CHOCOLATE MELTING CAKE !!!!

you can just skip the meal and show u for that. LOL

I think first night dinner has Sweet and Sour Shrimp. Really good. So are the pork ribs on first night. Ditto the Grilled Pork Chop..thick and done right. I had the steak..rib eye..one night.. I think..very good. The Neptune dinner is good..DH had that..Starters..the Fried Cheese sticks..good..the chicken tenders with peanut sauce...the Chilled fruit soups...and the Cappucino Pie..which is coffee ice cream in a pie.......the Baked Alaska..the Melting Choc. Cake....I thought the food was excellent. The Creme Brulee was pretty good too...I thought breakfast was good..we ate in the MDR and loved it...Lunch was mostly pizza..good and pool burgers..good and One day Fried Chicken on the Main buffet. I was embarrased to go back for more..I am southern born..southern raised..darn good fried chicken. They should put it on the Dinner menu. AND the choc chip cookies on the Buffet desset table ..excellent. The ICE cream on the DReam was inside..with an attendent in close watch..that was the first time we have ever had Carnival's Ice Cream and it was good. Usually watching a hundred kids make a mess with the ice cream machine turns my stomach....And I like kids..have one of my own..but unsupervised kids do strange things..so ICE CREAM IS REALLY GOOD. HAPPY SAILINGS..YOU WON'T GO HUNGRY...PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!1

The bbq ribs were really good, as was the flat iron steak. Hunny liked pretty much all the seafood dishes she had.

Skip the jerk pork loin...it was overcooked and by the time it arrived at the table, it had dried out to the point I couldn't eat but a few bites. I will say, though, the flavour of the jerk was very good.

If I may add, and I know it's not a meat, but the cream of mushroom soup (or whatever they call their version) was fantastic.

All their chilled fruit soups were really good. But I agree with previous posts that the braised short ribs were awesome. I was surprised cuz I didn't expect it and when I put the first bite in my mouth, it practically disolved in my mouth it was so tender. OMG. Yummy.

Dessert faves are bitter n blanc, chocolate melting cake, creme brulee, & grand marnier souffle in that order.

Strawberry chilled soup:

2290877690040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

Grand Marnier Souffle:

2390539140040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

Braised Short Ribs:

2683656230040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

Another vote for the Vegetarian Indian dinner. Also the cold soups, the pumpkin soup, bitter n' blanc, and the sushi. Not in the MDR, but at the sushi station, I thought it was pretty good. And I loved the warm chocolate melting cake. When it is done right, it's heavenly.

Love the chilled fruit soups...strawberry, peach yum

The baked mushrooms....escargot...the fried mozzerella...

lobster....prime rib...flat iron steak...braised short ribs

bitter and blanc....chocolate melting cake

so many good things

I only have 2 "must haves"

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

and my new must have is Lobster Bisque.

The one I am really hoping to get a chance to try

is the escargot, which I didn't see on our last cruise.

I am hoping that I can find the menus for dinner ahead of

time so that I can make sure we don't miss the MDR that night.

Our "must haves" in the MDR:

• any of the chilled soups
  • the ribs that are served on the first night - soooooooooo tender and yummy!
  • the "surf and turf" (prime rib and lobster tail/shrimp combo) that is on the second night (first Elegant Night)'s menu
  • any of the pasta dishes (I usually ask that they remove the mushrooms, as I am allergic)
  • love their Caesar Salad - YUM!
  • any of the fish dishes that are offered are delicious
  • love love LOVE the bitters and blanc dessert!
  • absolutely LOVE the cornish game hen - I order it every time it's on the menu

and our "must haves" at the steakhouse:

• beef carpaccio - YUM!
  • escargot - love it!!!
  • caesar salad - YUM
  • full Maine lobster tail - YUMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • porterhouse steak - YUM!
  • and of course, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the chocolate sampler dessert that they serve, and every time we go to the Steakhouse, I say that I'm going to start off with that. One of these days I will *LOL*

Buono Appetito!

Will be on the Victory soon, from what I have read Carnivals menu and food is the same fleet wide. Won't be having lunch on board since this is a port intensive cruise. What are the must haves at dinner time?

Utensils.

Archived