What happens when Freedom misses CocoCay?

We just booked Freedom and looking at the itinerary, I'm wondering where she goes if she can't tender to CocoCay. Nassau? San Juan? Fourth day at sea?

I'm not worried, we're 4 for 4 on CocoCay but just haven't seen anything posted about that scenario before.

We were on the Freedom for our honeymoon cruise last year, and of course we had to miss CocoCay due to the weather. The tenders couldn't make it out because of the wind. Unfortunately, loudbmw is right - we sailed very slowly towards our next port. I don't believe we were able to get any extra time at the next port.

We were on the Monarch last year in Nassau when the Majesty was scheduled for CocoCay but couldn't tender due to high seas. They brought the Majesty into Nassau one day early. However, this may have been because Nassau was its next stop anyway.

We were on the Monarch last year in Nassau when the Majesty was scheduled for CocoCay but couldn't tender due to high seas. They brought the Majesty into Nassau one day early. However, this may have been because Nassau was its next stop anyway.
And what does this have to do with Freedom? I think it all has to do with availability at the alternate ports. Looking at the Itinerary maybe she would stop on the way back if Coco was free.

I have been on 36 RCCL cruises and we were never able to tender to that Out Island. We always made it to Labadee, but the seas were usually to high to tender to CocoCay on about 5 or 6 cruises with a port call there.

Ginnie

And what does this have to do with Freedom? I think it all has to do with availability at the alternate ports. Looking at the Itinerary maybe she would stop on the way back if Coco was free.

Exactly my point, my dear. Different ship, same principle. They might change the itinerary or substitute ports, as they did with the Majesty.

I have been on 36 RCCL cruises and we were never able to tender to that Out Island. We always made it to Labadee, but the seas were usually to high to tender to CocoCay on about 5 or 6 cruises with a port call there.

Ginnie

Wow, that is unlucky, personally I prefer Labadee

Exactly my point, my dear. Different ship, same principle. They might change the itinerary or substitute ports, as they did with the Majesty.
Except that finding alternatives for a 74,000 ton ship whose next stop is less than 100 miles away is not the same situation as finding alternatives for a 160,000 ton ship whose next stop is 900 miles away.

Archived