Future Cruise Deposit

kiwi sailor

We paid a US$100 Future Cruise Deposit each when we were on the Grand Princess in late 2008. We are now booking our next Princess Cruise with the NZ/Aust office of Princess (P&O Cruises) but they are telling us that we have to pay NZ$200 each on top of the Future Cruise deposit. This doesn't sound right to me, as a future cruise deposit is exactly what it says it is. Not a half deposit. Anyone struck this situation?:rolleyes:

We paid a US$100 Future Cruise Deposit each when we were on the Grand Princess in late 2008. We are now booking our next Princess Cruise with the NZ/Aust office of Princess (P&O Cruises) but they are telling us that we have to pay NZ$200 each on top of the Future Cruise deposit. This doesn't sound right to me, as a future cruise deposit is exactly what it says it is. Not a half deposit. Anyone struck this situation?:rolleyes:
This would be a situation that would pertain only to someone from Australia or New Zealand booking through the NZ/Aust P&O office. What someone has done in the U.S. has no bearing whatsoever on your situation although I'm sure some will attempt to do so. :(

This would be a situation that would pertain only to someone from Australia or New Zealand booking through the NZ/Aust P&O office. What someone has done in the U.S. has no bearing whatsoever on your situation although I'm sure some will attempt to do so. :(

The Future Cruise Deposit wasn't exclusively for Americans. It was actually paid while we were in the Med. So I'm sure it would be one rule for all.

If I am right, P+O is actually separate from Princess from a business standpoint, so they may have their own rules regarding FCDs.

You are correct in that you can't use your FCD for a P&O cruise but you can for any Princess Cruise, even the three ships that will be based in Australia over the summer. They consider themselves Princess, even when they answer the phone.

hi kiwi, with the FCL you have it might only good if you are booking thru a US TA so if you are booking with a NZ/AU TA on a AU Princess ship they may not allow the FCL that you have

rkmw

An FCC can ONLY be used for Princess, not P&O, you thought correctly. ;)

It is a PRINCESS cruise we are going on. All I want to find out has anyone had to pay additional money, besides their FCC for the deposit.

We didn't, but I called. Since you are booking via a P+O office, not princess direct, apparently the no extra deposit does not apply, or so they tell me. Apparently the FCD only counts as a full deposit when you book a Princess cruise via a Princess or TA.

If you book the cruise via an Australian TA, it sounds like no extra deposit might be needed.

It is a PRINCESS cruise we are going on. All I want to find out has anyone had to pay additional money, besides their FCC for the deposit.

Today, I booked two Princess cruises in Australia. Both are round trip Sydney. I used a FCC for myself and for my wife for each cruise (total of 2 each). I did not pay any additional deposit. I booked thru a US TA

a) It was my impression that if you paid US $ for an FCC, the FCC was good when you booked with a US travel agent or Princess in the USA.

b) I could be wrong, but I thought Princess had a seperate type of FCC for those from the UK and from Australia which cost nothing in advance, but which required a small deposit when booking a cruise with the UK or Australian travel agent.

I would assume that a New Zealand resident might have the same type FCC available to them as an Asutralian resident, but do not know if that is accurate.

i still think the US FCL is no good if you book a Princess ship from AU with a AU/NZ TA....we dont have to pay for the FCL until we make a booking and then we have to pay $200 deposit

It's no big deal as the cruise cost is still the same, but you would think that a FCD is exactly that. A deposit, not a half deposit. FYI the Australian office is Carnival Cruises, which owns Princess, it is not a travel agency. Visa transactions on your credit card statement actually come up as Princess Cruises.

I just feel that it should be one rule for all countries.

It's no big deal as the cruise cost is still the same, but you would think that a FCD is exactly that. A deposit, not a half deposit. FYI the Australian office is Carnival Cruises, which owns Princess, it is not a travel agency. Visa transactions on your credit card statement actually come up as Princess Cruises.

I just feel that it should be one rule for all countries.

when we cruised on the Diamond Princess last Feb i asked for a Future Cruise Letter and seeing i'm Australian i had to get a AU one so it does make a difference as we cant book a Princess cruise out of AU thru a US TA

rkmw

When we "buy" our FCC we do not pay any money but, as stated above, we get a letter and when we book we then pay our deposit. The most important thing for us is that by using the FCC we do get the advantages of on board credit and refundable deposit

This applies whether we use an Aussie or US TA.

We always have several to use for future cruises, they are a definite advantage for future Princess cruises.

Happy cruising

Chris

When we "buy" our FCC we do not pay any money but, as stated above, we get a letter and when we book we then pay our deposit. The most important thing for us is that by using the FCC we do get the advantages of on board credit and refundable deposit

This applies whether we use an Aussie or US TA.

We always have several to use for future cruises, they are a definite advantage for future Princess cruises.

Happy cruising

Chris

This is the end solution with the Princess Australia. We paid a NZ$200 deposit each (reduced from NZ$400 each). Princess USA will refund our US$100 deposit each. We will still get our US$100 ship board credit each. And to top it off we just discovered that we are now Platinum members as we have completed five cruises with Sitmar, P&O and Princess. Thanks everyone for your feedback and comments. We are now happy Kiwi's.

This is the end solution with the Princess Australia. We paid a NZ$200 deposit each (reduced from NZ$400 each). Princess USA will refund our US$100 deposit each. We will still get our US$100 ship board credit each. And to top it off we just discovered that we are now Platinum members as we have completed five cruises with Sitmar, P&O and Princess. Thanks everyone for your feedback and comments. We are now happy Kiwi's.

Glad everything work out for you, have a great cruise and enjoy the on board spending money:)

Happy cruising

Chris

Archived