Bugs, vermin, critters etc

Mark

OK, that's enough to convince me my daughter is not getting her hair braided on an upcoming cruise.

I can't imagine how many people get their hair braided in the islands and they get it done with a comb that has been used on many others and not cleaned. My sister has gotten hers done, as have I, but we had the person braiding our hair use our own combs.

I'd never take the chance of having a comb that is used by everyone else, yuck! To me, that's inviting trouble.

I can't imagine how many people get their hair braided in the islands and they get it done with a comb that has been used on many others and not cleaned. My sister has gotten hers done, as have I, but we had the person braiding our hair use our own combs.

I'd never take the chance of having a comb that is used by everyone else, yuck! To me, that's inviting trouble.

I wonder why more people don't think to put a comb in their purse/tote bag, if they are planning on having braids done on the island? Great idea katiel53! Also, I wonder how many (like me) carry hand sanitizer in our purses. Why couldn't this be used on the combs for those who don't bring their own combs for double protection? I'd rather be safe than sorry later!

They just did a news special on TV how bed bugs were increasing in numbers in the US and guess what city is considered the worst? ..................... New York City. The Miracle goes out of New York during part of the year. We have sailed her twice with another cruise scheduled for March, 2011. I can't say I have ever seen a bed bug on the Miracle but based on the reports, I might just give it a once over when we first board.

They just did a news special on TV how bed bugs were increasing in numbers in the US and guess what city is considered the worst? ..................... New York City. The Miracle goes out of New York during part of the year. We have sailed her twice with another cruise scheduled for March, 2011. I can't say I have ever seen a bed bug on the Miracle but based on the reports, I might just give it a once over when we first board.

It makes sense with NYC and summer travel peak..but oh it is scary..I was never too worried on this kind of thing but I will be checking now when in a hotel..even though realtively rare issue..a growing one:eek:.

I read an article on the front page of cnn.com today about bedbugs. Wish I hadn't. All the things I already knew but now I can't stop thinking about it. Yuck. Anyway, in the area where people post comments someone posted they just returned from the Disney Magic with bedbugs. It happens. It will probably happen to my family some day. Everything else does. icon7.gif Although knock on wood, 2 elementary and middle school kids and no headlice yet.

Im not sure exactly what was feasting on me every night on the Destiny for our Southern caribbean cruise, but we did have a balcony with the door open every night for the breeze and I woke up every morning with huge bites all over my back and thighs. Mind you that when I get bitten by a misquito I get 3 times the welt of a normal person's bug bite so this could have been the case. My DH didn't get one bite on him while sleeping next to me!

isn't that so annoying? I also get all chow up by those pests and my husband next to me ...nada....:confused::mad:

Archived