Bugs, vermin, critters etc

Mark

Was wondering if any of you veteran Carnival cruisers have had any bad experiences on a Carnival ship with close encounters with any of the following...cockroaches...mice...rats...bedbugs...or any other non-welcome critter while onboard?

Pete is funny you said that...I can remember sailing on NCL Norway (RIP) and seeing an infestation of roaches by the revolving door that went out to the aft pool area...almost looked like a swarm...I did see a cockroach once on RCCL Grandeur of the Seas...IN MY CABIN...I made sure I shook everything out when I packed to go home and after that always keep my suitcases close and locked while onboard...thanks for the response...

Nothing on any of the cruise ships we have been on.

Our only experience on an excursion: We were at the Queen's Staircase in Nassau. I was bit by fleas from the dog that was tied under a booth that I was shopping at - only bug problem related to a cruise that we have encountered.

Never any critters on any of our cruises......Carnival, RCI, NCL, American Hawaii, Princess, and Epirotiki. I have a friend at work and her daughter got lice which was probably from hair braiding. And, it was an exotic type of lice that we do not have here in the US. It took some kind of special prescription medication to get rid of them.

Was wondering if any of you veteran Carnival cruisers have had any bad experiences on a Carnival ship with close encounters with any of the following...cockroaches...mice...rats...bedbugs...or any other non-welcome critter while onboard?

Not in my cabin, I have one who always sat next to me on the 3 card poker table on a cruise or 2, but never in my cabin

Nope... the occasional fly out on the Lido Deck but that's about it...

:)

No.

The only time I've even read about them was on an NCL ship.

I get a kick out of this, I have never encountered any on any cruise line. In saying that, none of the cruise lines are immune. It does happen but rarely.

I often wonder if there are roaches on the ships too.

Here's my (ir)rational fear for our cruise next month out of Ft. Lauderdale. Aren't there TONS of those bugs in Florida??? Secada's or whatever they're called?? How can a boat docked in Florida not have a bunch of those on board??

I just threw up in my mouth just thinking about it....

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to say, but I brought home bedbugs from my cruise in 2007.

It was disgusting, and very costly to get rid of them.

We now never put luggage under the bed, no matter where or how we travel.

There is a pandemic in New York City, and experts say infestations are definitely on the rise.

There are precautions to avoid getting them, you just have to be careful.

Archived