timing

lhoch

Can any one help me? We arrive in San Juan at 6 am. Would I be able to make a 9:45 am flight home on the same day??

I think you'd be cutting it way too close. Just because the ship arrives at 6 a.m., that doesn't mean you get off the ship at 6 a.m.!

Sometimes the ship is late. Even if it is right on time, it'll be at least a half hour, sometimes a full hour, before the first person can get off. Then you'd have to get to the airport. Maybe if you carried off your own luggage you might make it..

but if there are others heading to the same place, other ships also docking at the same time, it's going to be crowded.

I personally don't book flights home until at least noon or later, no matter where the airport.

The San Juan airport is crazy, especially if there are a lot of ships ending and beginning cruises the same day.

You are being far too kind.;)

I have never seen another airport like it anywhere. Acapulco is close but SJU still has them beat.

Mike:)

I'd never book that flight. It's way too early. The San Juan airport is crazy, especially if there are a lot of ships ending and beginning cruises the same day.

Don't even attempt to try it.

When we went thru the airport going home, it took us almost 3 hours to get thru security.....the lines were enormous and the process was very slow. We made our flight but not with alot of time to spare. If I remember right, ours was a noon flight.

People never cease to amaze me with this kind of questoin. I will never understand why anybody would want to go straight from the ship to the airport and expect to arrive for a morning flight. Why not spend some time visiting the debarkation port like it is a port of call, since it is just that? A vacation is supposed to be as stress-free as possible. Your flight time will do nothing but make you worry about being late during debarkation, even if you are able to carry your luggage off the ship without assistance.

Can any one help me? We arrive in San Juan at 6 am. Would I be able to make a 9:45 am flight home on the same day??

We have made our Continental flight at 0935 twice with no issues.

We carried our luggage off with the very first group and grabbed a $19 taxi.

Regardless of how many ships are in you will reach the airport way before any other disembarking passengers.

We had a backup plan. :)

People never cease to amaze me with this kind of questoin. I will never understand why anybody would want to go straight from the ship to the airport and expect to arrive for a morning flight. Why not spend some time visiting the debarkation port like it is a port of call, since it is just that? A vacation is supposed to be as stress-free as possible.

a) Later flights are full or cannot get you home the same day

b) Vacation is over. Must be at work the next morning.

There's usually a reason why early flights are less-expensive: it's harder for cruise passengers to make them. I would never consider a flight out of San Juan before Noon. Not only do you have cruise passengers but also vacationers flying home so it's a very busy airport. It's a gamble if you book the early flight.

If you do decide to chance it, make sure you have Plan "B" to fall back on. Often, later flights are sold out so you may find yourself having to find, and pay for, overnight accommodations.

I've been on a couple of flights out of San Juan that were sold out with a long stand-by list.

Archived