Do Not Book ES through Carnival

renza

I am booked already for the carnival feedom in Feb. I got the ES rate. I found another web site has my cruise for the same catagory for $85 cheaper through an ES it has. I called carnival and they will not reduce the rate, it has to reduce on there web site. Why did I ever book ES through Carnival, I thought the whole purpose was so if I found a lower rate I could get the discount? NOPE think again.

Maybe rules have changed, but less than a year ago when I booked our cruise, I thoroughly researched and compared prices. We did NOT book with Carnival, but the ES policy still applied. Since we went through a 3rd party, we did have to pay $25 to process our ES credit but we still came out way ahead.

I am booked already for the carnival feedom in Feb. I got the ES rate. I found another web site has my cruise for the same catagory for $85 cheaper through an ES it has. I called carnival and they will not reduce the rate, it has to reduce on there web site. Why did I ever book ES through Carnival, I thought the whole purpose was so if I found a lower rate I could get the discount? NOPE think again.

I do not think Carnival has ever honored lower pricing from other websites. I am pretty sure it always had to be their pricing - even before ES came along...

Maybe rules have changed, but less than a year ago when I booked our cruise, I thoroughly researched and compared prices. We did NOT book with Carnival, but the ES policy still applied. Since we went through a 3rd party, we did have to pay $25 to process our ES credit but we still came out way ahead.

Then had you booked through Carnival you would have gotten teh ES savings without paying the $25, so I guess you lost $25 n the deal.

The ES cruise rate that you are talking about. Is that the one with the

non-refundable deposit. If so you could lose a $250 deposit pp if you should have to cancel, but you are this worried about $85. We just booked our next cruise with a non-refundable deposit. We are very happy with the price we got, sorry that you are not happy with the price you paid. Next time book with the other company and you might be happier or not. Come on you are going to be going on a cruise. Don't worry be Happy!:)

Might want to check the ES FAQ before bashing here are the rules

• What is the price protection assurance feature?

If, after booking, you find a lower Carnival advertised fare, Carnival will honor it, issuing the difference in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit. The lower fare must be: i) for the same ship, sailing, stateroom category and number of guests; ii) available for booking at the time you submit your request for the lower rate; and iii) a rate you are eligible to receive, if special restrictions apply. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable.

• What is a Carnival advertised fare?

A Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public. A Carnival advertised fare excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates.

Carnival will honor any advertised rate, including on another site, such as the gnome site. They will not honor a travel agent's or discount seller's price quote. They will only honor the fare price, not on board credit or upgrades (unless Carnival's website is offering the same). I hope that helps!

With February 2011 still being a long ways out...there is plenty of chance for Carnival's price to drop for you. I encourage you to check daily as that approach has paid off for me. Our cruise has dropped a couple of times and we have been able to save over $150 pp for our interior room for October.

I am pretty sure that no cruiseline company will honor any price drops from a competitors website. I am sure someone on here will correct me if I am wrong...and please do. Thanks!!!:)

No, expedia is not accepted. I was denied and not allowed, my point exactly. And know this was not a $250 penalty. The same $50 pp penalty as carnivals. I can handle $85, and I am sure it will go down, but when I hear that you can get a discount through some companies and then denied it upsets me.

A Carnival advertised fare excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates.

Or by one of 344 John Heald's Stephanies.

No, expedia is not accepted. I was denied and not allowed, my point exactly. And know this was not a $250 penalty. The same $50 pp penalty as carnivals. I can handle $85, and I am sure it will go down, but when I hear that you can get a discount through some companies and then denied it upsets me.

All I can say is they accepted my request when I sent it in and I found the savings on expedia.

Then had you booked through Carnival you would have gotten teh ES savings without paying the $25, so I guess you lost $25 n the deal.

Correct, but like I said, we paid less for the cruise initially (approximately $300 less) so even considering the $25 processing fee, we still came out way ahead in the end (with a $181 credit after the $25 fee).

I didn't think that anyone could advertise rates lower than Carnivals?

I think that just started, so if you booked before that date you could still get lower than Carnival...not sure exactly...the cruise we booked for December was through a TA (first time we've booked through a TA) and got $300 off the Carnival website price. (Total, not per person.)

Had you read the Early Saver Terms & Conditions you'd have seen clearly stated that the price matching is for Carnival-advertised rates only. Additionally, TA's cannot advertise rates lower than Carnivals, so with closer inspection it's VERY likely you'd find that when you totalled up that site's charges, they'd match Carnivals. ken

Archived