Just boarded Solstice - first impressions

John73

First- who scheduled thunderstorms for sailaway time? :)

Overall impression is good. I was not able to change to select fining but Andrea said she could probably accommodate me each night since I'm solo, just couldn't confirm it.

I purchased the Prem alcohol pkg at the martini bar and have been availing myself of it already :)

The cabin is actually roomier than I expected. Still waiting on luggage delivery and the chance to meet my room steward.

I will purchase the 90 min net pkg and will report back on how well it works on this sailing.

So far, I'm really liking the packageCelebrity has to offer.

First- who scheduled thunderstorms for sailaway time? :)

Overall impression is good. I was not able to change to select fining but Andrea said she could probably accommodate me each night since I'm solo, just couldn't confirm it.

I purchased the Prem alcohol pkg at the martini bar and have been availing myself of it already :)

The cabin is actually roomier than I expected. Still waiting on luggage delivery and the chance to meet my room steward.

I will purchase the 90 min net pkg and will report back on how well it works on this sailing.

So far, I'm really liking the packageCelebrity has to offer.

Hi Mikelat !

Have a wonderful time onboard. Bon Voyage !

Can't wait to hear more! Have a wonderful cruise and please tell me what kind of martini you are drinking now and all those great concoctions you will enjoy with the premium package. I am considering getting that. Might as well go all the way, right?

Looking forward to your posts and to hearing how you like cruising.

We are on the Equinox soon, which is very similar to the Solstice, and are considering the Solstice for a future cruise based on the great things I am reading about her lately.

Mikelat,

Since it looks like you bought the premium package in port you can clear up a debate. Did they charge tax on the purchase?

Thanks. Have a great cruise.

Great question! If you purchase the package at least 4 days before the departure do you also have to pay tax on the purchase?

Hi, Mikelat,

While you are on board and availing yourself of the premium package, can you make an assessment for us regarding the availability of the beer, etc., if you think of it? I've seen comments regarding lack of choices and that might cause my husband to rethink getting the premium package on our next cruise.

Thanks, GP

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, I've been back for a while but had family visting this week as soon as I got back. They've headed home today and I plan to write up my mini-review tomorrow and post it.

Short Version - Loved the cruise and am looking forward to my next one in just over 2 weeks.

Yup, I've been back for a while but had family visting this week as soon as I got back. They've headed home today and I plan to write up my mini-review tomorrow and post it.

Short Version - Loved the cruise and am looking forward to my next one in just over 2 weeks.

Ohhh good:)..on both counts! Glad you loved it:D and looking forward

to reading it:D......and you go again in 2 weeks? NEAT:D

I have to wait 5 more weeks......

Great news! Glad you had a good vacation! Looking forward to the review!

Hi,

Would you include the names of the captain, hotel director, and cc club hostess in your review? Also, do you remember the names of the entertainers around the ship, especially the guitarist?

Sorry for all the questions. I will be on Solstice on the 22nd and just trying to get all my ducks in a row.:D

Thanks for any help.

Anne

Hi,

Would you include the names of the captain, hotel director, and cc club hostess in your review? Also, do you remember the names of the entertainers around the ship, especially the guitarist?

Sorry for all the questions. I will be on Solstice on the 22nd and just trying to get all my ducks in a row.:D

Thanks for any help.

Anne

Hi Anne,:) wow...you are sailing an S class?:eek: thought I saw you

mention you would not go on the bigger ships....hope you have

fun and you can then bring me back all the information:D

Hi Lois,

I can see the handwriting on the wall, and apparently the S class IS the future. I am trying very hard to like these ships, so I am giving Solstice another try. Liked Equinox more than I expected ( although I will probably never love it), Mercury is leaving :mad:, Century has been pulled out of Baltimore :mad:, and I need to choose among what is left. Besides, my favorite waiter will be on this cruise. :D

Hope you are doing well and that your Dad is hanging in there. Do not think I could go through what you are going through at this stage in my life. My best wishes to you, your sister, and your Dad.

Anne

Hi Lois,

I can see the handwriting on the wall, and apparently the S class IS the future. I am trying very hard to like these ships, so I am giving Solstice another try. Liked Equinox more than I expected ( although I will probably never love it), Mercury is leaving :mad:, Century has been pulled out of Baltimore :mad:, and I need to choose among what is left. Besides, my favorite waiter will be on this cruise. :D

Hope you are doing well and that your Dad is hanging in there. Do not think I could go through what you are going through at this stage in my life. My best wishes to you, your sister, and your Dad.

Anne

Hi Anne:)....who is your favorite waiter?

I am betting you will have fun too:D and thanks for the good wishes.

Oh, I think you could do it if it was your Dad....we do what we have

to do.

You are sailing with Don! We finally met on Equinox back in November.

He and his wife are terrific!:)

Hi,

Thanks for any help.

Anne

Captain Yannis Berdos (But I'm pretty sure they said he was starting a vacation on 7/25)

Hotel Director: Damien O'Connor

Cruise Director: Paul Baya (Really enjoyed him, great CD)

Unfortunately, the only entertainer's name I recall was Sipra

Have a great time Don't forget to try the molecular bar. Looking forward to hearing your review when you return.

OK I'll bite what, where and what's available at the molecular bar?

I have gone over and over the deck plans and cannot find the molecular bar:eek: Read every write up on the deck plans of what is on each floor! Can someone please point us in the right direction? Where is it:D

Boy do I sound desparate or what!!!!

Archived