Rome Apartment for Family of four

endymion6942

Hi all,

I am taking my family to Rome and plan to spend 7 days pre-cruise giving my two teenage boys cultural overload.

I have been told to look at renting an apartment instead of getting hotel rooms due to the high cost.

Here's the question. Has anyone done the apartment rental thing in Rome with happy results? If so, can you give me a name(s) of properties I should look into.

Many thanks to those of you who reply.

HI there,

i rented a lovely little apartment from romeaccomodations before our transatlantic on the Solstice last year. It was a loft though and i fear it would be too small. A woman on the same cruise rented one for her family and liked it very much. Her name on CC is Cruise Arizona. Maybe if you don't get many responses you could find her on the board and ask her. It was right near the pantheon if my memory serves me right. I had a good experience with rome accomodations. Prompt responses to questions. We did have a problem calling them when we arrived but that was more my misunderstanding of dialing on a cell phone in italy than anything. Hire the transfer and have the driver call in your arrival.

We just booked a 2 bedroom near the Colesium through VRBO.com for next May. You can surf through the website looking for the area and what is available. Some of them will arrange pickup at the airport for you (for a reasonable price). I have never used them for Europe before but use them alot for ski condo rentals here in the states. At any rate the apartment rates are much cheaper than hotel rooms.

As others, we have not rented in Europe but have done so in other places, with great results. It is so nice to have a kitchen, living room and well - just more room than a hotel room gives you. You really get a feel for how the locals live too.

There are numerous sites.....some properties are listed on more than one.... here are the ones I am familiar with. Just get everything tied down in writing.

www.rentalsinrome.com

www.cyberrentals.com

www.vrbo.com

I rented a one bedroom for a week from www.rome-is-home.com and it was wonderful, but small for four people. On Aug. 2 I'll start renting a 2 bedroom 2 bath - vrbo.com number 215521 and will report back when I return. You should research which area you want to stay in before you decide.

Hi all,

I am taking my family to Rome and plan to spend 7 days pre-cruise giving my two teenage boys cultural overload.

I have been told to look at renting an apartment instead of getting hotel rooms due to the high cost.

Here's the question. Has anyone done the apartment rental thing in Rome with happy results? If so, can you give me a name(s) of properties I should look into.

Many thanks to those of you who reply.

Hey Scott

We rented an apartment in rome oct 2008. was great, small but in the piazza navona area. walked to everything. found it on freereservation.com. you may want to check them out and another site is homeaway.com or venere.com. Be sure to look about everything; price (euros or dollars), elevator or not "how many stairs to climb and with luggage" shower or bath or both, washer/dryer or laundromat nearby? linens and towels included? May sound crazy but true. What time of year (high or low season) we would pick up roll or pastry night before, have for breakfast then go out for the day. is there coffee pot, we brought some with us from the states. do pack light and have a great time and see all you can. we had a blast.

happy cruising

miss pupule

Our family is also looking for an apartment in Rome for 5 or 6 nights.

I have been doing extensive research and talking to others about their experience. Someone I know had stayed at this place and was very happy with it. I was told the communications with the agency were great and the apartment was lovely. Since I have not actually stayed at any of the apartments, I can't speak about the apartment experience but I have been emailing this agency and so far they have been very responsive to my questions.

http://www.sleepinitaly.com/en/show-paradiso_big-campo_dei_fiori-roma/appartam.php?id_appartam=29

Hope this helps.

Check on smallandeleganthotels.com Don't let the ELEGANT scare you. They have apartments in some cities. They are all really nice properties. Have been using these properties in Europe for years.:D:D

We stayed at this flat (# 239137 from vrbo.com) in Rome in Nov 2009. It's a few short blocks from the Vatican and the metro. It was so convienient to everything and wonderfully appointed! There was no living room per se (you use the kitchen table to sit at and watch TV) but we stayed with another couple and each having a separate bedroom and bath was well worth it.

I only share this info here because I see that it will not conflict with our trip in Oct 2011 when we may use it again. I will definitely return to this location when in Rome.

The place to look for information on renting apartments, particularly in Italy, is www.slowtrav.com/italy. They also have a message board where you can ask questions at www.slowtalk.com/groupee.

I've rented several apartments in Rome over the past decade - I prefer apartments to hotels, especially when I am traveling with one or more of the kids. We like the room to spread out as well as the flexibility of being able to have one or more meals at home, in our PJs or sweats, rather than getting dressed to eat out.

You can also try

rentalo.com

homeaway.com

holiday-velvet.com

holiday-rentals.co.uk/Italy/Rome

We used holiday-velvet.com for the Galileo apartment in Campo de Fiori in 2007. We were about 20 min. walking from the Vatican and we walked everywhere except the Colosseum and we used the HOHO bus to get there.

Just remember if the apartment is on the first floor then it really is on the second floor. Something to remember if there is no elevator.

You can also try

rentalo.com

homeaway.com

holiday-velvet.com

holiday-rentals.co.uk/Italy/Rome

We used holiday-velvet.com for the Galileo apartment in Campo de Fiori in 2007. We were about 20 min. walking from the Vatican and we walked everywhere except the Colosseum and we used the HOHO bus to get there.

Just remember if the apartment is on the first floor then it really is on the second floor. Something to remember if there is no elevator.

I forgot about the first floor/ground floor/main floor thing.

thanks

I am renting a place from Rentalinrome for a trip next year. Haven't seen it yet, but they have many choices on their web site and have been great to deal with. We are renting the Rome View Apartment in Trastevere. It is a little further out than we wanted, but the price is great and we love the looks of the place.

Archived