Mediterranean Cruise with Teens

vfangue

We're in the beginning phase of planning a cruise with our 16 & 17 yo daughters summer 2011. We're looking for suggestions on which cruise line would be best with teens. We've cruised Carnival as a family and the adults have cruised Royal Caribbean. I think we would enjoy both lines but we're open to other lines also.

What's your favorite itinerary with teens?

Thanks,

Veronica

they're pretty open: Italy, Greece - my husband would love Monte Carlo. I'm not sure if the girls would have fun on other cruiselines other than Carnival and Royal Caribbean. How many teens are on other cruiselines in general?

A lot less teens in the Med. than in the Caribbean. For the Med., I would go with an itinerary you can afford. Don't do Costa or MSC unless you want a far different experience than you had on Carnival and RCI. EM

Med cruises are very port intensive. I would consider the itinerary more than the ship. I don't know the best itinerary for teens. What do your daughters want to see?

Actually with teenagers in mind I would consider both of these equally. We did on our first Med cruise and it worked very well for both adults and the children.

To the Original Poster I would take a look at Princess. We took them on our first cruise of the Med with the children and it worked out very well. There were enough teenagers on board to make our children happy and the amenities on the ship worked well for them. The itinerary was also very enjoyable.

Since then I have recommend this line to other friends who have families and want to cruise the Med and they have been very pleased.

Princess has some good 12 day itineraries.

Keith

Archived