Benefits of owning CCL stock

b1babe

You need 100 shares, and benefits run from $25 up to $250 OBC I believe. $25 is for solo's who book short cruises ...double occupancy starts at $50 ...pretty much similar to FCCs.

If i buy tomorrow do I get credit right away..if in my hubby's name and i cruise alone do i get benefits..If in his name and we cruise together do we get double..Thank you

If i buy tomorrow do I get credit right away..if in my hubby's name and i cruise alone do i get benefits..If in his name and we cruise together do we get double..Thank you

As I understand it, the person who owns the stock gets the shareholder credit for their cabin. It is $50 dollars for 3-5 night cruises and $100 for 7 night cruises.

You would need to provide a copy of your brokerage account statement, which documents you or husband own at least 100 shares of CCL stock, to your travel agent or to Carnival directly.

You both might want to hold 100 shares separately if you might be in different cabins (like you cruise with a couple and so book one of you in each cabin with your friends, or you have kids).

Only the person who has the stock gets the OBC for their cabin. You cant hold it in a mutual account and both get credit for different cabins unless its held separate.

Just like FCC of course one OBC for stock per cabin/booking.

We feel lucky Carnival will let us combine FCC and stock. RCL doesnt any more.

You both might want to hold 100 shares separately if you might be in different cabins (like you cruise with a couple and so book one of you in each cabin with your friends, or you have kids).

Only the person who has the stock gets the OBC for their cabin. You cant hold it in a mutual account and both get credit for different cabins unless its held separate.

Just like FCC of course one OBC for stock per cabin/booking.

We feel lucky Carnival will let us combine FCC and stock. RCL doesnt any more.

What is FCC????? New to these terms..I have 10 cruises with carnival but this is all new to me..Thanks

What is FCC????? New to these terms..I have 10 cruises with carnival but this is all new to me..Thanks

All the ships now have future cruise desks, where you can buy a future cruise certificate (FCC) which is also good for OBC on your next cruise.

Congrats on being platinum. Feels nice doesnt it. me too.

Lets see 100 shares @ approx. $ 32 = $ 3200.

With our unstable economy would it be worth it?

No guarantees that the on board credit will last forever - it has been renewed though every year as far as I know. Stock prices seem to fluctuate. I picked up RCL back when it was below $7 a share - if I had bought CCL at the same time I would have snagged it for $13 a share. 32 may seem bad, but I think there are many who have bought it at 40 or even higher. If you aren't in a hurry & you might be able to get it when it drops down lower. You can always put in a request for the purchase to go through if/when the share price hits a specific number.

It is first an investment. If you think that based on the current price the prospects for Carnival are very favorable it is a worthy investment.

We did it about a year ago when the stock was much lower and they cut their dividend.

Now I still think it is a good investment and get a $ 100 stock dividend each time we cruise on Carnival.

All the ships now have future cruise desks, where you can buy a future cruise certificate (FCC) which is also good for OBC on your next cruise.

Congrats on being platinum. Feels nice doesnt it. me too.

It was nice to be able to have your own line when you needed something..think it help in the dining room last cruise..Worse service first night..After that we had more waiters and asst waiters then we needed..Don't know if it was me complaining or they saw a few of the younger girls we brought on the cruise..

Carnival Corp website shows this:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MjM3NjZ8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPTM=&t=1

The shipboard credit benefit is per cabin not per person. Just fax in a short letter requesting the credit and be sure and include your booking number, and a copy of a recent brokerage statement showing your ownership. My experience has been that the credit will appear on your cruise documents within a few days after you fax this to the number provided.

It applies to all Carnival Corporation brands too, not just Carnival.

Enjoy your credit and cruise!

Archived