Country Inn or Raddison @ Port Canaverl???

We stayed at the Raddison last time, but the reviews aren't as good as Country Inn. I know the pool area at Raddison is awesome and doesn't look so hot at Country Inns. What do you reccomend and which is cheaper? We won't ben doing the park and cruise thing because we are flying in this time.

Also, is Country Inn closer to the waterway and restaurants? We wanted to maybe walk to Grills and have Dinner. Is this feasible?

Thanks!

We stayed at the Raddison last time, but the reviews aren't as good as Country Inn. I know the pool area at Raddison is awesome and doesn't look so hot at Country Inns. What do you reccomend and which is cheaper? We won't ben doing the park and cruise thing because we are flying in this time.

Also, is Country Inn closer to the waterway and restaurants? We wanted to maybe walk to Grills and have Dinner. Is this feasible?

Thanks!

You may want to include Residence Inn on your search. They are located in the same area and we have received nice rooms and great service from them.

Thanks!

I think the best way to find out the prices is to go to the websites. Both hotels are owned by the same group, but you may be eligible for some discounts.

You won't be able to walk to Grills for dinner. None of the hotels on A1A are within walking distance to Grills, Fishlips etc. Also, even if you tried to walk, it would be really dangerous. I am enclosing a thread that you might already be familiar with as you were in Pt Canaveral previously, but there is a lot of good info on it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119114

Country Inn is very nice (I have a 2nd stay booked with them now.) They also have shuttle service and a breakfast is included with their rate so you might want to take that into consideration if the Radisson doesn't include that. The shuttle is supposedly free now as well. I can't confirm that as we paid per individual for that last time.

The Radisson is undergoing renovations.

I just spoke with the General Manager Joe P...2/3s of the property is finished and the other 1/3 is expected to be done by the end of the year.

The common areas are finished...if you have any questions feel free to contact Joe..he is great about answering emails...

He assured me that even though 1/3 of the rooms are "dated" all of their rooms are clean and guest ready.

If customer service matters..contact Joe at the Radisson.

I also believe their shuttle will take you to Grills...Fishlips..etc and to the port in the am....

Radisson by far if you want to sit by the pool and relax. They have an outside bar that closes at 10pm, a hot tub, and a nice looking pool. They also have tennis courts and plenty of parking for when you are on your cruise. They also have food service by the pool. From what I can remember with the other two properties, the pool areas a much less attractive with little to no bar service and food service at the pool.

Joe

When we were at the Radisson in 07 they had a very good buffet.It was kinda pricey,but it was very good.

We did Grills one night,but quite frankly,after the noise,the wait,the crowd and getting stranded by our driver,and having to hire a taxi (which did later get reimbursed for)

and ok food..The buffet was a better over all value.

If you like McDonalds for breakfast, there is one directly across the street from the Radisson. There is also a restaurant next to the Radisson and a really good Italian restaurant practically on the grounds of the Radisson parking lot.

Joe

I booked Country Inn for next Sat on Priceline for $50. Then I am paying $20 for the park/shuttle service to the ship on Sunday. Reviews are good and location is perfect. Hotel looks nice. Have been to Cocoa/Cocoa Beach many times over the year so know exactly where this hotel is. Love the fact that we can leave the car at the hotel all week instead of paying $15 per night at the port.

We've stayed at the Country Inn and Suites several times...never had any real issues until the last stay...the breakfast was horrible...I am an early riser and came downstairs to find the night clerk asleep with her head on the keyboard of the computer in the Main Lobby..so much for "security " at night.:eek:

What did you put in to get that $50 rate off Priceline. I am trying to get a hotel for next September 18/19th, 2010 and I am up to $75. and it still denies me. I put in Cape Canaveral and 3 stars. Please let me know, I would appreciate it.

Rad - Free shuttle, great pool, rooms a little dated, no elevator - you have to carry your bags up the stairs I believe. No free breakfast

Country Inn and Residence Inn - New and everything clean and nice. More exspensive than Rad. Free breakfast. Shuttle is not free, or not the last time I stayed there.

Either place is going to be fine. Just depends on what you are looking for.

E-Beth

What did you put in to get that $50 rate off Priceline. I am trying to get a hotel for next September 18/19th, 2010 and I am up to $75. and it still denies me. I put in Cape Canaveral and 3 stars. Please let me know, I would appreciate it.

Rad - Free shuttle, great pool, rooms a little dated, no elevator - you have to carry your bags up the stairs I believe. No free breakfast

Country Inn and Residence Inn - New and everything clean and nice. More exspensive than Rad. Free breakfast. Shuttle is not free, or not the last time I stayed there.

Either place is going to be fine. Just depends on what you are looking for.

E-Beth

Try 2.5* for Country Inn and Suites

Radison is $95 total on Hotwire

Jimbo:)

I'll throw in my 2 cents for the Residence Inn. As it is a Marriott property, there is a certain level of service that comes with it. When we stayed there pre-cruise November 2008, they were really good. Breakfast was great and had a decent selection of items. The pool area with hot tub is just fine and there is bar service at the pool until 10PM as well, as we range up almost $100 tab by the time we decided to leave the hot tubs that night. The hotel is clean, rooms are nice and big (suites) and everything was perfect for our two night stay (which we booked on points).

We're planning on staying there in October for our Freedom cruise the night before when we fly into Melbourne.

Also, the shuttle that they have, in November 2008 was $6/pp RT and they also allow you to park your car there for the duration of the cruise in the back for free.

Archived