Venice Transportation Help

patseacruiser

Couple of things. The closest you will get by land taxi is Piazzale Roma. From the airport to Piazzale Roma, I think others have said 30-40 EUR. Then you would have to take the vaporetto from Piazzale Roma to your hotel. Not sure if you would use the San Marco vaporetto stop.

Then reverse that application from your hotel to the cruise pier.

There are water taxi's, but they are horrendously expensive. Like 100 EUR. You have to remember there are no roads "IN" Venice proper.

Your best bet might be to email your hotel and ask if they have a service they recommend.

This is a really good website with lots of info. http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

I just returned from a cruise that ended in Venice. Just realize this - Venice has a lot of steps, a lot of bridges and no ramps. If you use a water taxi, yes it will be very expensive but usually can be door to door drop off. Otherwise, I'd guess most cheaper public forms of transportation will require you to either pull, bounce, carry, lift your luggage over steps/bridges at some point to get to public transporation. If it's hot . . . that's not fun. My plan to use cheaper forms of transporation in both Barcelona and Venice went out the window after long flights, immigration, collecting luggage and stepping out into the heat.

Transportation from Venice airport to Sandwirth Hotel in Venice. Transfer or taxi and how much is taxi for 2? Which is easiest.

Two parter. Transportation from Sandwirth Hotel to port San Basilio and don't want to walk if possible. Taxi? Cost?

In both cases, private water taxi is your best bet. About 100 euro From the airport , you can often share the cost. Allow 30 minutes. Second best is the alilaguna red line from the airport. This takes about 50 minutes and only leaves every hour. It drops you at Arsenale which is close to your hotel. The gold line is faster but the walk is longer It drops you at San Zaccaria which is a few hundred yards from your hotel. http://www.alilaguna.it One way fare is 30 E so you don't save all that much.

To San Basilio you would take a water taxi or the no 2 Vaporetto from San Zaccaria MVE to San Basilio. There would be a short walk at each end. Your hotel website should help. The hotel will book a taxi to the cruise terminal or tell you where to get the no. 2

One way fare is 30 E so you don't save all that much.

That is not correct-in Late June i paid E26 for two people and 3 large and 2 small bags on the Alalinguna from the airport to the Hilton-which is about twice the distance of Arsenale. We used public transport all over venice and with good planning were able to get where we needed to go fairly effieciently-although there was some walking involved-thats how Venice was designed.

water taxi one way E100-alalinguna E13pp-unlimited use vapperato passes range from E16pp/12 hours to E36pp/38 hours-its easy to use and they are frequent-but if you need door to door service-water taxi is the way to go-its just very expensive.

Everyone is trying to help so please excuse the corrections. The fare of 15 euro one way is correct. However the closest alilaguna stop is Arsenale. This is according to the hotel's website. San Marco Giardinetti appears to be about 800 yards and 3 bridges away. The expedia map has the hotel in a different location than the hotel's map. If walking is to be avoided, private water taxi is likely the most elegant solution.

However the closest alilaguna stop is Arsenale. This is according to the hotel's website. San Marco Giardinetti appears to be about 800 yards and 3 bridges away.

I can confirm from personal experience that the Arsenale stop is much more convenient.

i am trying to find a private water taxi but the hotel says to contact so and so and so and so sends me something in Italian to contact someone else and they say they don't know. I'm back to googling - LOL

You can get the taxi at the airport. There is a desk there. You don't need to reserve in advance. When you are at the hotel, they will call a taxi for you to get to the port.

On VeniceLink, they offer a private water taxi for 90E from the airport to anyplace in Venice. Our hotel, Hotel Canal Grande, quoted us 110E.

Does anyone know what the rate is charged at the airport (with no prior reservation)?

Since we want to take a private water taxi , we don't know if it would be better to make the reservation, or, instead, just get a water taxi at the airport and hope someone else will want to share with us, or, perhaps there might even be some there already with a taxi that wanted to share. We'd like to share because of the cost.

Thank you for any input.

i am trying to find a private water taxi but the hotel says to contact so and so and so and so sends me something in Italian to contact someone else and they say they don't know. I'm back to googling - LOL

I'd think you should have no trouble finding a water taxi w/o pre-arranging one when your flight lands. Think about it - you don't find a taxi ahead of time usually landing anywhere in the US. They are waiting there ready to take you - and when we went to AP from hotel there were water taxis waiting by the launching area when we were dropped off but not sure if those were already spoken for. I think $100 euro is pretty standard fare - from AP to St Mark's Square hotel area. It's what I read to expect, what I paid and what the hotel had told me ahead of time I'd need for ride to the AP.

I'd think you'd have a better chance of finding someone to share a water taxi at the AP than trying to arrange ahead of time. As for trip to the pier, your hotel will gladly call a water taxi for you.

Archived