Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

Both my husband and I have the premium beverage package, and I am under the impression that I can take his card and use my card and get us both a drink at a bar. Is this not correct??

Lsimon was answering a different question.

You are correct. If you both have the package you can take both cards and get two drinks. This is what we did on our last cruise. You would not be able to take his card without yours and get a drink.

Both my husband and I have the premium beverage package, and I am under the impression that I can take his card and use my card and get us both a drink at a bar. Is this not correct??

You should have no problem - I was responding to the poster who had asked if he can share his card with family members so they could obtain drinks for themselves on his package.

Just got back from 5 day on Millennium

Got the Premium Package and it was soooo worth it!

Sample day:

2 Cappacinos at breakfast @ 5.18 w/ grat =$10.35; (don't forget the almond and chocolate croissants - to die for ;))

Specialty Coffee$8.65;

Bloody Mary or Vodka/Grapefruit$8.65;

2 Frozen Margarita at pool$19.00;

Red Stripe with lunch $7.00;

:pNap:p

2Martinis before dinner$23.00;Wine at dinner$11.50;

San Peligrino w/dinner$4.50;

2-3 Vodka/Sodas strolling at night$29.00;

Brandy or similiar before bed$11.50

3Evian throughout the day$15.5

Total $148.65 per day X 4.5 days (to adjust for my lighter days) $669

5 Day Premium Pkg $310

In my pricing I used all top shelf liquor since I was comparing to the premium package.

Would I have drank like that if it wasn't all inclusive...Heck No

But since it was it certainly made for a GREAT VACATION!!!!!

Go for it;)

Just got back from 5 day on Millennium

Got the Premium Package and it was soooo worth it!

Sample day:

2 Cappacinos at breakfast @ 5.18 w/ grat =$10.35; (don't forget the almond and chocolate croissants - to die for ;))

Specialty Coffee$8.65;

Bloody Mary or Vodka/Grapefruit$8.65;

2 Frozen Margarita at pool$19.00;

Red Stripe with lunch $7.00;

:pNap:p

2Martinis before dinner$23.00;Wine at dinner$11.50;

San Peligrino w/dinner$4.50;

2-3 Vodka/Sodas strolling at night$29.00;

Brandy or similiar before bed$11.50

3Evian throughout the day$15.5

Total $148.65 per day X 4.5 days (to adjust for my lighter days) $669

5 Day Premium Pkg $310

In my pricing I used all top shelf liquor since I was comparing to the premium package.

Would I have drank like that if it wasn't all inclusive...Heck No

But since it was it certainly made for a GREAT VACATION!!!!!

Go for it;)

Looks like you definitely made it worth it! I am wrestling with it just since we are on a 14 night and I don't think the 2 of us can drink $1738+ worth of oj, coffee and alcohol!! Sounds nice to not have to worry about anything though.

We have purchased our drink packages but I don't see it updated in our profile on the Celebrity website. (I printed off my confirmation to take with us just in case...)

Has anyone else had a delay with updates to their cruise profile? Looking forward to a stress-free, low onboard charge vacation!:D

We have purchased our drink packages but I don't see it updated in our profile on the Celebrity website. (I printed off my confirmation to take with us just in case...)

Has anyone else had a delay with updates to their cruise profile? Looking forward to a stress-free, low onboard charge vacation!:D

It didn't update in my Profile either but it was on my Seapass when I got there

Have a great time....Great Ship and Ship Board Experience

Bon Voyage:cool:

Ours never showed up on our Cruise Profile, but if you go to the beverage package tab it should be there......

It is always a good idea to bring a receipt of prepaid items!

My husband and I are booked on our very first cruise on Silhouette 17 July 13 night Med. Cruise. Bookings for excursions & packages have not as yet opened so cannot find out exact cost of drinks packages. However on Celebrity Site it advises Classic Alcohol and Premium start from $$ so can anyone help me by advising what they have paid as daily rate for these packages so we can work out whether to purchase. Appreciate your help.:)

Edited by miloman

I am going on the Silhouette on 2/22/12. They have the beer bar. Does anyone know if the premium beverage package includes all of the beers at Michael's Club Craft Beer Pub? At the celebrity site the premium package reads, “you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers”, but I saw someone’s picture of the menu and the larger bottles of beer, that only come in large bottles, are more than $12.

MArk

I am going on the Silhouette on 2/22/12. They have the beer bar. Does anyone know if the premium beverage package includes all of the beers at Michael's Club Craft Beer Pub? At the celebrity site the premium package reads, “you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers”, but I saw someone’s picture of the menu and the larger bottles of beer, that only come in large bottles, are more than $12.

MArk

Mark,

The premium package will only cover beer up to $12, if you want a beer over the $12 you can have it but you will have to pay the difference in the price. Example-Beer $15, you pay $3 for it.:mad:

Enjoy!:rolleyes:

After reading MANY of these posts I are getting the premium alcohol package for my cruise in 30 days aboard the Silhouette.

I am looking forward to trying a variety of coctails and specialty coffees.

I think I read the frozen margaritia's are good. What are some other favorite drinks?

Also, Martini's are too strong for me; can they be made with extra mixer?

(especially the chocolate one people seem to like)

Mark,

The premium package will only cover beer up to $12, if you want a beer over the $12 you can have it but you will have to pay the difference in the price. Example-Beer $15, you pay $3 for it.:mad:

Enjoy!:rolleyes:

Here's a post from Gonzo that includes photos of the beer menu on Silhouette. DH was drooling!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30927684&postcount=17

After reading MANY of these posts I are getting the premium alcohol package for my cruise in 30 days aboard the Silhouette.

I think I read the frozen margaritia's are good. What are some other favorite drinks?

Hi mjwcruising,

I had the Premium package, but I found the Martinis too strong so I had the smaller ones. That way I could try different ones.

I think if you ask the bartenders, they will adjust the amount of spirits. They will do whatever you ask for once they know you.

My husband loves the sour sugar crystals round the top of the glass and they would make him one with it halfway down the glass :D

My experience was different. I had the premium package and I sometimes order a tall Captain and Coke and I was asked if I wanted a double several times after finding out that I had the premium package. I suspect that it would depend on the cost as long the double cost was less than $12. I would think that if you had the classic package and a double costs more than $8 it would not be allowed.

Simple solution - order first drink with mix and a second, neat add shot to first drink - voila!

My husband got the soda package for my daughter and grand son...A total waste ! Hubby signed up six months in advance and they switched to cans so the kids didn't even get a cup ! What a waste !

I know that they added cans to the package, but are you saying that the eliminated the option of fountain drinks for the package? That would be surprising IMO.

We have been on several celebrity cruises - had premium and classic alcoholic packages.....not worth getting the more expensive one. Most bars will give you most drinks with the classic package. The best way to enjoy beverages on a cruise.

We tried to share one package the first time, not worth the hassle of waiting a few minutes between orders/or finding another bar. The computers at the bars can tell when you've ordered the last drink (monitor your consumption too???) - a couple of the waiters told us on our last cruise that the ships are now actively hunting down people who share cards to cut costs!

We have been on several celebrity cruises - had premium and classic alcoholic packages.....not worth getting the more expensive one. Most bars will give you most drinks with the classic package. The best way to enjoy beverages on a cruise.

We tried to share one package the first time, not worth the hassle of waiting a few minutes between orders/or finding another bar. The computers at the bars can tell when you've ordered the last drink (monitor your consumption too???) - a couple of the waiters told us on our last cruise that the ships are now actively hunting down people who share cards to cut costs!

Not only is this not "worth the hassle," it is wrong. They sell the packages as one to a customer and trying to double up is taking something without paying. It is the same as buying one ticket to a buffet and then having you and a friend both eat. If two people want to drink, then you should both order a package. If you think it is too expensive, then don't buy it. I would also suggest that people not buy the Clasic and hen expect t get Premium drinks. While some bartenders may be willing, I suspect most a not. I you want something that is in the premium, then go premium and enjoy your vacation rather than spend time trying to figure out how to game the system.

So, can you get a smaller martini for $8 on the Classic package?

The martinis are not smaller - they use different liquor for the classic package.

We went with the premium package and it was well worth the $$. I loved the piece of mind it gave us for the trip - if I wanted fresh squeezed oj or a latte in the morning I had it. Smoothie after the gym or bottled water for the port? No problem. Try a new drink and didn't care for it -no worries - get something else! :)

The bartenders were wonderful (we created a song for Melbourne Clark at the Mast Bar on the Eclipse to the tune of Sweet Caroline ;) ) At the martini bar they were great about adjusting the drink so it was the way you liked it and they remembered it for the next visit. (You need to see them pour several drinks at one time in the tower of martini glasses! Amazing!)

We also prepaid our gratuities so the trip really was "all inclusive" for us. It was lovely to have a trip and not be keeping a running tab in my head of costs. It was also great to end the cruise and have a bill of under $100! :)

The martinis are not smaller - they use different liquor for the classic package.

We went with the premium package and it was well worth the $$. I loved the piece of mind it gave us for the trip - if I wanted fresh squeezed oj or a latte in the morning I had it. Smoothie after the gym or bottled water for the port? No problem. Try a new drink and didn't care for it -no worries - get something else! :)

The bartenders were wonderful (we created a song for Melbourne Clark at the Mast Bar on the Eclipse to the tune of Sweet Caroline ;) ) At the martini bar they were great about adjusting the drink so it was the way you liked it and they remembered it for the next visit. (You need to see them pour several drinks at one time in the tower of martini glasses! Amazing!)

We also prepaid our gratuities so the trip really was "all inclusive" for us. It was lovely to have a trip and not be keeping a running tab in my head of costs. It was also great to end the cruise and have a bill of under $100! :)

This is good information, but still--can I get a martini for $8 with whatever vokda?