Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

I have just paid slightly over £900 stg for two premium packages for our upcoming cruise. While these will undoubtedly effect a saving and relaxed attitude on the cruise, they are really expensive as are all drinks on cruises these days.

To put it in perspective, for £100 more, I have also just booked a one week all inclusive holiday for two in The Canary Islands including flights from UK, transfers and 4 star hotel which includes all meals and local alchohol. We have been several times before so know the quality of what we will be getting. Much better value than cost of 12 days drinks!

Anyway, no pockets in a shroud, so looking foward to it anyway!

Edited by BigAl94

Has anyone cruised recently and know the cost of a basic cocktail?

Like Jack and Coke or Rum and Coke?

I've looked at the very extensive list posted at the beginning of this thread and at the bottom it says that the cost of basic drinks is unknown.

We're doing some calculating to see how much we think our drinks will decide so the above info would help.

Thanks!

The "premium" water, vitamin waters, red bull, and smoothies is the only difference between classic and premium.

I found it very strange that "premium" waters was a dividing issue since the cost difference was minimal. We had the classic alcohol and had to have the "cheapo" Ibanzo bottled water at $3.50 for a large bottle vs. the Evian at $4.00 for a large bottle. And there was no small bottled water for us although they had small Evian water for $2.00. And we couldn't have San Pelligino sparkling water . It didn't make a difference to us, though.

Yet we could get the same teas, specialty coffees, sodas, etc.

Scat I think it is crazy too that "Classic Alcohol" can have an $8.00 wine or an 8.00 cocktail but they cant have a $3.00 Perrier. I really feel the only diffrence should be the fact that the premium people can have the drinks over $8.00 which are primarily wines, martinis and some of the speacial fruity drinks......

I get the more expensive package becauseof the higher priced wines and the martini...though truth be told you can have any martini you want in the smaller sized glass......so its the same drink in a different cup......

Has anyone cruised recently and know the cost of a basic cocktail?

Like Jack and Coke or Rum and Coke?

I've looked at the very extensive list posted at the beginning of this thread and at the bottom it says that the cost of basic drinks is unknown.

We're doing some calculating to see how much we think our drinks will decide so the above info would help.

Thanks!

I think it is about $7.00. I don't drink that particular drink but I had a Chopin and soda and I belive it was supposed to be $8.00....Chopin is usually a little more pricey.

Thanks Cheryl.

I'll put that in my spreadsheet!

I usually drink ketel one and soda and DH likes the Jack and Cokes.

We will probably try the fancy stuff too but not as much.

So I need to see what works out best for us pricewise.

The following link compares soft drinks prices on a variety of cruise ships. It shows that Celebrity are one of the most expensive!

http://www.cruises.co.uk/697-drinks_prices/23094-soft_drinks_package_prices_cruiseline_comparison_2011_a.html

That chart is not accurate. It is comparing Celebrity's full beverage packages to soda packages. Celebrity's soda package is $7 which is 4.50 pounds per day. The full classic and soda include much more than soda.

With a drink package, if a guest were to order a "double" (as in two shots of rum with ice in a tall glass with cola and a lime slice, or two shots of scotch either neat or on the rocks) would the guest be breaking the one drink at a time rule of the package or potentially exceeding the dollar limit of the drink package?

With a drink package, if a guest were to order a "double" (as in two shots of rum with ice in a tall glass with cola and a lime slice, or two shots of scotch either neat or on the rocks) would the guest be breaking the one drink at a time rule of the package or potentially exceeding the dollar limit of the drink package?

As far as I understood it when we had the drink packages, we were not allowed to order "doubles". That being said, there is nothing prohibiting you from ordering a drink at one bar, walking 50 feet and ordering from another bar....

thanks for the info.could you tell me more about the pre-dinner wine and cheese option. I assume cheese is free? Do they have a good choice of wines in the package price ranges?

On the Solstice, Cellar Masters had a nice cheese and cracker plate out every evening ... good variety ... all free. And yes, they had a good selection of wines available in all price ranges. We even asked about other wines not on their limited list (since they told us they had over 2,000 wines on board) and they let us try some others that fell into our price range ($8 and under).

As far as I understood it when we had the drink packages, we were not allowed to order "doubles". That being said, there is nothing prohibiting you from ordering a drink at one bar, walking 50 feet and ordering from another bar....

My experience was different. I had the premium package and I sometimes order a tall Captain and Coke and I was asked if I wanted a double several times after finding out that I had the premium package. I suspect that it would depend on the cost as long the double cost was less than $12. I would think that if you had the classic package and a double costs more than $8 it would not be allowed.

I just received an interesting email from Celebrity stating that drink packages were going to be enhanced and prices would be increasing starting May 21, 2011. I wasn't sure if somehow this email got lost in cyberspace and took until now to come to me (but if it did, why did it even come to me as we had no cruise booked with Celebrity at that time) or whether the prices will be increased again and they put a wrong date on their email content.

Because I'm sailing on the Jan 29 SA trip I am quite concerned that the prices for the beverage packages may go up. I called celebrity and the agent told me that there is no word that they are increasing....hope not. I'm trying to decide whether we will get our benefit from the package purchase. I'm starting to think that I should have looked closer at one of the all inclusive lines because once I start adding the service charges, beverages, specialty restaurants etc, the price may not be far off the luxury line pricing.

Yeah, I got the same e-mail.

You can enjoy our enhanced beverage packages at the current pricing if you purchase your packages by May 21' date=' 2011.

[/quote']

That was nearly 4 and a half months ago. Not very timely Celebrity. And anyway, thanks to Cruise Critic members, I already knew about this weeks before May 21, 2011. Sigh.

We received the same email too! I replied asking if they would still honor the prices before May 21! :) We already bought our Premium Alcohol Package before the prices went up for our cruise next month...WOW...next month! Can't believe it is already almost here..! WooHoo...!

Tried this both as a Google spreadsheet and downloaded as an excel worksheet. Neither work....cells are locked in Google version. I unlocked cells in excel version, but some formulas were missing. Guess I can fix that.

Does anyone know if the price went up in the past few days, I go to the Celebrity website and the price is $437.00 per person for a 7 day cruise. And that does not include the gratuity, in total, more than $900.00 for two.

Very interesting:confused:

I just spoke with Celebrity and they told me that the total for the Premium Beveraga Package per day is $62.10 (gratuities included) and that there is a

"glitch" in the system that adds a little extra. That is why it came out to over $900 when I tried to purchase it on the web. They also said that if I were to purchase the package online, at checkout I would see the correct price.

Haven't tried it yet, but it is good to know.

I'm 100% this question has already been answered at least 10 times, but I just can't find the answer.

Is it possible that another person use the card that has the beverage package?

Ex: Can my son take my card and go and by something (non-alcoholic)?

If no, how many drinks may I ordered at the same time?

I'm 100% this question has already been answered at least 10 times, but I just can't find the answer.

I kept the beverage package flyer from our April cruise, giving details of the various packages. It states packages must be utilized one drink at a time.

Under terms and conditions, it states packages cannot be shared and are non-transferable.

On the Infinity I used the card for my coffees, and if getting one for DH too I always made it clear I would be paying for one. I noticed they were very strict at the coffee bar on the correct use of the card. Hope this helps. I did try to scan the flyer, but no luck so far

Hilary :)

Sorry but the answer is no. Your son cannot use your card to purchase a beverage. The package only allows you to obtain drinks for yourself. There is no sharing of the drinks under the package.

Your son will have to use his own card to purchase drinks for himself. He can either charge them individually to his account or he can purchase a package for himself. Also, if you want to get a drink for your son you must pay for it individually with a per item charge to your account.

Edited by Lsimon

In our experience on Equinox, we were unable to get ANY spirits drink that was less than a double. They were free pour and a G&T in a tall glass was 3/4 gin and ice unless we asked for less gin and more tonic. If the drinks aren't strong enough for you, just ask for a stronger one. No need to ask for doubles. :)

Sorry but the answer is no. Your son cannot use your card to purchase a beverage. The package only allows you to obtain drinks for yourself. There is no sharing of the drinks under the package.

Your son will have to use his own card to purchase drinks for himself. He can either charge them individually to his account or he can purchase a package for himself. Also, if you want to get a drink for your son you must pay for it individually with a per item charge to your account.

Both my husband and I have the premium beverage package, and I am under the impression that I can take his card and use my card and get us both a drink at a bar. Is this not correct??