Liquor in St Maarten

GTNE80

This what it says in my downloaded copy of 'Know Before You Go' from CBP. There is no apparent date on the document.

Tobacco Products

Travelers may import previously exported tobacco products only in quantities not exceeding the amounts specified in exemptions for which the traveler qualifies.Any quantities of previously exported tobacco products not permitted by an exemption will be seized and destroyed.

These items are typically purchased in duty free stores, on carriers operating internationally, or in foreign stores. These items are usually marked “Tax Exempt. For Use Outside the United States,” or “U.S.Tax Exempt For Use Outside the United States.”

For example, a returning resident is eligible for the$800 exemption, which includes not more than 200 cigarettes and 100 cigars:

• If the resident declares 400 previously exported cigarettes, the resident would be permitted 200 cigarettes, tax-free under the exemption and the remaining 200 previously exported cigarettes would be confiscated.

• If the resident declares 400 cigarettes, of which 200 are previously exported and 200 not previously exported, the resident would be permitted to import the 200 previously exported cigarettes tax free under the exemption and the resident would be charged duty and tax on the remaining 200 foreign-made cigarettes.

gary

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know if it's possible to bring on board and consume, wine/beer, if purchased in St. Maarten? We'll be traveling on RCCL Harmony of the Seas in April, and read about taking 2 bottles of wine on board at embarkation in FLL, but not about while in port...

3 hours ago, kgrenstromer said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to bring on board and consume, wine/beer, if purchased in St. Maarten? We'll be traveling on RCCL Harmony of the Seas in April, and read about taking 2 bottles of wine on board at embarkation in FLL, but not about while in port...

Well yes,... it's possible to bring wine/beer on board in St. Maarten...if you sneak it. But with the xray machines in security,  the chance of getting caught is high.

Edited by mac66

Ah ok. I was thinking of if they would allow or not. I remember in barcelona they have a store that sells wine and licquor inside the terminal, after you go through security. Its not super cheap but still cheaper than buying on the boat by a long shot. Is there anything like that in San Juan, S Maarten, or Labadee?

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, qkd0314 said:

So, what is the best shop to buy liquor on the island? 

For me it's Boozeitup

Here is their full price list.  Order prior to arrival and pay on collection.

https://www.boozeitup-sxm.com/sites/all/themes/framework/content/files/booze-it-up-full.pdf

5% Discount Voucher - Available to all

https://www.boozeitup-sxm.com/#!/get-your-coupon

Edited by PORT ROYAL
5% discount voucher
  • Like 1

I  can't speak about everything on the list, but both Bacardi flavored rums and Absolut flavored vodkas, each at one litre, can be purchased at $10 a bottle almost at every liquor store on Front St. And Jameison for $15 per litre. 

On 5/25/2019 at 6:39 AM, mets123 said:

I  can't speak about everything on the list, but both Bacardi flavored rums and Absolut flavored vodkas, each at one litre, can be purchased at $10 a bottle almost at every liquor store on Front St. And Jameison for $15 per litre. 

Accepted, however, but many are not in the market for your suggested level of ethanol.

BIU take my orders and source my rare Rum/Rhum expressions.  Plus I save hundreds of £'s based on retail prices in England.

This is why I think they are the best in STM not because of the availablity of $10.00 bottles and other low end pricings.

Have an identical arrangement in Martinique for Rhum epressions not available in STM which I have delivered to England.  Again saving hundreds.