Moving right around cruise time.......how will this affect my documentation?

GinDon

We have a cruise booked for Nov, 6th, have a passport, have filled out all the pertinent info for Carnival, etc. So now our house has come under contract, and we will no longer be at our current physical address. We will, however, retain our same mailing address, a P.O. box. We don't know where or when our new physical address will be..............probably right around cruise time. How is this going to affect our documentations? We are thinking that maybe the best bet would be to NOT change anything..........until we return from the cruise. This way, our drivers licenses, etc, will all match the paperwork we have already on file. Would sure appreciate some expert advise, we certainly don't want to be denied boarding on a technicality.

Do cruise lines even care about your mailing address?

My TA said that they only care about the name and date of birth.

The only thing that the address is used for is for mailing you stuff like offers. Some cruise lines like RCI also mail you luggage tags if you request them.

We have a cruise booked for Nov, 6th, have a passport, have filled out all the pertinent info for Carnival, etc. So now our house has come under contract, and we will no longer be at our current physical address. We will, however, retain our same mailing address, a P.O. box. We don't know where or when our new physical address will be..............probably right around cruise time. How is this going to affect our documentations? We are thinking that maybe the best bet would be to NOT change anything..........until we return from the cruise. This way, our drivers licenses, etc, will all match the paperwork we have already on file. Would sure appreciate some expert advise, we certainly don't want to be denied boarding on a technicality.

No one cares about your home address as long as you pay the bill. You are going to use your passports for CBP and they don't have addresses so it really doesn't matter. (Even if you used a BC and DL they would not care as long as the DL was valid.)

I moved shortly before my cruise. I didnt change anything on my DL or gun permit or anything till I got back. except having my mail forwarded. I was never asked my adress or anything, so I wouldnt worry about any of it till you get back.

you get your documents online. I dont think Carnival mails them any longer

EXACTLY. :)

If you haven't already (and you're fully paid) go to Carnival's website and pull up your FUN PASS. Download and print that.

You're good to go. Have a great cruise.

Archived