Crown Princess vs HAL Eurodam

brovol

My wife, two kids and I are debating between sailing on the Crown, in a mini suite, or the HAL Eurodam in a deluxe veranda suite, which has full suite perks, and a bigger room and balcony. We have sailed all of the Grand class ships previously(some twice), and really liked the Crown, but haven't sailed with princess in a few years. We have also enjoyed HAL, but have never been on the Eurodam.

Advantages for the Crown are that Princess offers unlimited soda stickers, which we use, and the kids would get separate beds (3rd and 4th passengers are required to share a bed in the Eurodam suite), not to mention that the Crown mini is about $1900 cheaper. We are also platinum with Princess, so that has its benefits.

The problem is that we got kind of sick of the Grand ships. They are fantastic ships, but we cruised them so much it got old.

I posted on HAL, and shockingly most favored the Eurodam. What do you all think?

My wife, two kids and I are debating between sailing on the Crown, in a mini suite, or the HAL Eurodam in a deluxe veranda suite, which has full suite perks, and a bigger room and balcony. We have sailed all of the Grand class ships previously(some twice), and really liked the Crown, but haven't sailed with princess in a few years. We have also enjoyed HAL, but have never been on the Eurodam.

Advantages for the Crown are that Princess offers unlimited soda stickers, which we use, and the kids would get separate beds (3rd and 4th passengers are required to share a bed in the Eurodam suite), not to mention that the Crown mini is about $1900 cheaper. We are also platinum with Princess, so that has its benefits.

The problem is that we got kind of sick of the Grand ships. They are fantastic ships, but we cruised them so much it got old.

I posted on HAL, and shockingly most favored the Eurodam. What do you all think?

Since I haven't cruise the Eurodam, I can only give my thoughts about Princess. I do agree that Princess ships can get a little long in the tooth. Right now, It's all about itinerary for me.....:):):)

Bob

The VS suite you're considering on HAL is great. I've been on the Crown twice and will be on her again in just over a month, so I like the ship. If you're comparing the two ships without a cost consideration, I'd take the HAL cruise. There's no comparison between a Princess mini-suite and the VS. With four of you, you'll have a lot more room plus the suite perks.

One question is: how to the itineraries compare? If it's a Caribbean cruise, Half Moon Cay is MUCH better than Princess Cays. Better beach, a lot more seating on the beach, and more activities.

I understand being bored with the Grand Class. I liked my HAL experience on the Oosterdam and did not like the Crown Princess (crowded). If money wasn't an issue, I would choose the Eurodam - I have wanted to sail that ship for awhile. On the other hand, every time I compare Princess to HAL, HAL has been higher and Princess usually wins but Princess won't win again when I compare one of the newer Princess ships (with the extra deck and 500 passengers) again. That ship was too crowded for me.

My next couple of cruises are on Princess but they are not on the Crown, Ruby, Caribbean or Emerald.

Thanks for the help folks. Cost is always a consideration, but if the added cost results in an appreciably better experience, I am willing to pay more. We were leaning towards the Eurodam, and your comments may finish the job. Itinerary is not a controlling factor. The Crown is the standard western, and Eurodam is the standard eastern. We have been to those places so often already that it makes no appreciable difference.

The biggest knock against the Eurodam is that the kids have to share a bed, and HAL doesn't do the unlimited soda deal. We can survive those things though.

Archived