RSS Navigator Swimming Pools

Baysurf

At the end of June, the pool and hot tubs were covered with netting or drained a lot of the days. There were a few days when there were people in the hot tubs, but I never saw anyone in the pool.

For the most part people on the pool deck sat on loungers (under beach towels for warmth) or ate Pool Grill meals under the heat lamps or in the protected areas to the sides of the deck. Otherwise most seemed to use this deck as a passing through means from fore to aft to get to La Veranda, to smoke at the pool bar, or to get ice cream!

At the end of May/beginning of June people were swimming in the pool as we had a couple of warm days. We had some sun worshipers on our cruise -- some laid out with coats on just so they could get a tan on their face. If the weather gets even a little warm, there will be people swimming. Have a great cruise!

I don't think the water is ever heated. And since they drain the pool frequently, and then re-fill it with sea water, it is even colder than perhaps it might otherwise be!!

Nonetheless when we were in Alaska it was 30C in Juneau and very warm everywhere else except Seward. many people swam. More used the hot tubs.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got back from the Seward to Vancouver cruise. On the last sea day, the pool and two jacuzzis were packed, as was the pool area. It was the first decent weather day of the cruise and it seemed like everyone wanted to take advantage.

On the recent Vancouver to Seward cruise 8/25 - 9/1 the pool was open every day. Our weather was glorious, but for a misty day in Sitka. Sadly they closed the hot tubs in Skagway on a glorious day in the mid 60s. The pool was open. I spoke with a woman who thought it was warmer than one of the hot tubs. Green water though...not pleasant to look at.

We just returned from the September 1-8 Seward to Vancouver sailing and the pool was heated. It was in fact much warmer than the hot tub on the night we swam! The water was hot, "green" and very, very salty. It was like swimming in a large epsom salt bath, and was probably very good for soaking the muscles :)

Archived