Oceania toiletries

crabcruiser

Can anyone tell me what kind of shampoo and conditioners are provided for passengers? Do you recommend we bring our own?

The toiletries that are provided in the standard cabins are not a brand name. It is a different story in the suites, where it is Hermes and Bulgari.

The consensus seems to be that the Oceania stuff works well for shorter hair that is not too processed, otherwise, you should bring your own.

We just returned from the Insignia and in our suite they were Oceania's own brand products and not a brand name as well.

Sorry about that. We assumed that all of the suites were created equal, but apparently only the Vista and Owners Suites are getting the Hermès toiletries.

Hi Jim and Stan,

We were in an Owner's Suite and the products were in bottles labeled with a big O for Oceania. There were no specialty products in the suite. Maybe they've changed it since you last sailed. This was our first Oceania cruise - which we loved by the way - so we don't have any other comparison.

Hi Jim and Stan,

We were in an Owner's Suite and the products were in bottles labeled with a big O for Oceania. There were no specialty products in the suite. Maybe they've changed it since you last sailed. This was our first Oceania cruise - which we loved by the way - so we don't have any other comparison.

The O website still says that Owners and Vista Suites get the Hermès products, and on our last cruise (which was in a Vista) there was a large amount (almost a display) of Hermès hair products, soaps etc. in the master bath.

So much so that our butler actually packed a huge goodie bag of it into our luggage. Jim used some of the shampoo this morning. :rolleyes:

We were each given a travel kit with several products in each. They were Clarins products for me and Hermes for my husband. For use on the ship, there were 6 containers of products on the bathtub with the O marked on each and there were duplicates of each of these in the cabinet. They didn't have a brand on them - they were just marked as shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, etc. I guess I'll have to wait and see what they have on the Marina.

We were each given a travel kit with several products in each. They were Clarins products for me and Hermes for my husband. For use on the ship, there were 6 containers of products on the bathtub with the O marked on each and there were duplicates of each of these in the cabinet. They didn't have a brand on them - they were just marked as shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, etc. I guess I'll have to wait and see what they have on the Marina.

I suppose we had all Hermes because we're both fellas.

Odd that you didn't mention the Hermes in your previous post.

I had completely forgotten about it until you mentioned the name. Also, I thought the questions and comments were referring to the products that Oceania put around the bathtub and in the cabinet for use. The Hermes products were in a small travel case on the vanity in the dressing area, not the bathroom.

• 4 years later...

The photo shows exactly what was provided in the OS April / May of 2014 plus

a box of same for the ladie and a package of Hermes products for the gentleman both to take home.

The toiletries changed from Oceania's own brand to Bulgari last August for all staterooms - although suites have a different fragrance and a wider range of products. I was able to try both and didn't feel that the Bulgari range was much of a step up - the fragrance was so so and I wasn't impressed by the packaging. I certainly wouldn't choose it at home, but there was nothing wrong with it - it did the job. L'Occitaine is the brand I've most enjoyed on a cruise.

I almost always take my own conditioner because that's the thing I'm most fussy about.

As an older grey haired gentleman, I believe that the furnished shampoos do fine. My wife brings and uses her own.

I will comment that the provided shampoos would not be considered "volumizing" by any stretch of the imagination. :(

We too are "grey haired", as I would guess a fair few other fellow passengers are :o .

We will bring our own supplies but it's nice to try different brands from time to time.