Typical Disembarkation Time

ddpe

Hello Everyone,

We are taking the Rome to Monte Carlo cruise in September on the Legend. Can anyone tell me what time we are to actually leave the ship? The ship will dock at 7 am, but what is the time everyone must be off and how is this handled on Seabourn?

Thank you,

ddpe

Hello Everyone,

We are taking the Rome to Monte Carlo cruise in September on the Legend. Can anyone tell me what time we are to actually leave the ship? The ship will dock at 7 am, but what is the time everyone must be off and how is this handled on Seabourn?

Thank you,

ddpe

I always get off at 10.30am but disembarkation starts about 08.00

I always book a flight that leaves after 13.00 so this affords me a leisurely breakfast and to say a few goodbyes.

Seabourn operates a coloured baggage tag system that works very well.You just listen to the announcements and react when they call your colour/number

Seabourn do really like everyone to be off the ship by 9.30 - that is the time they quote in the disembarkation details. Also, you usually have to leave your suite at 8.

I would say have a flight after noon, and if you are not in a hurry leave your carry on bags somewhere, and have a leisurely breakfast after 8 if not rushing to the airport.

I never stay beyond 9:30 either. It interferes with the turnaround time the crew has to get the ship ready for the next passengers.

We are the same. And why hang around? Places to go, things to see, etc ......

On the last morning, is it advisable to have room service breakfast (will it be too crazy)? Or is it better to eat at one of the restaurants?

Room service is available on all Seabourn ships on disembarkation morning and pasengers do avail themselves of this service. For the triplets, the Veranda is always a madhouse on disembarkation morning but for the Odysey class ships, the Colonnade has the capacity to handle more pasengers. My personal preference is to have a leisurely breakfast in the Restaurant when it first opens and am usually in the early disembarking group for the inhuman (after a Seabourn cruise) gauntlet of going from gangway to jetway for my flight home.

Room service sounds like a good idea, except that presumably you have to have it very early, as you are definitely expected to be out of your room by 8 a.m. I agree that the veranda in the small ships gets very crowded for last day breakfast, but no problems with the Colonnade.

To me it does seem unfair to expect to leave the room late, or the ship, as the staff have so much to do to prepare for the next passengers.

On our July cruise on the Legend the disembarkation documents clearly stated that disembarkation for everyone leaving the ship was scheduled to be completed by 9.00 a.m.

We thought it had previously been 9.30 a.m. and asked the Seabourn Club rep about this and she reconfirmed it as 9.00 a.m.

We disembarked just after 9.00 a.m. and were the last passengers off!

As others have stated the cabin has to be vacated by 8.00 a.m.

Archived