Plus size - post pictures of your dresses please

mollymoo12

Thanks for your positive feedback. All of the dresses are pretty comfortable (especially if I wear them early in the cruise before the buffet belly sets in!)

A trick for those sequins close to your skin - I use a tweezers and a tiny pointy scissors to pull up and cut off those sequins close to the edge that touches your skin. The ones that are cut in the process of making the garment are SHARP! This works especially well for those relatively cheap but oh-so-painful sequin tank tops that look great layered under shirts, sweaters or jackets. Yes, it takes a while, but I do it in front of the T V and I don't get those raw underarms anymore!

I have to admit that I did order two more gowns from Aliexpress yesterday. One sequined (red) and one satin (purple). I've stayed away from the satin for cruises unless we use Princess with irons in the laundry areas. What suggestions do you have for releasing wrinkles (besides hanging in a steamy bathroom and the spray wrinkle stuff) when you don't have access to an iron? I don't think they allow steamers to be used either.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

• 2 weeks later...
Very pretty. It looks comfortable and the color is also very nice.

Thank you , my cruise is Nov. 23 on Celebrity I was looking at my dresses and thought I needed something a bit more formal my last 2 cruises were on Disney , I thought Celebrity might be more formal and it is a Caribbean cruise so I thought the color would work , I'm never sure what to wear I didn't want it to look like a prom dress or show all the problem areas ;) and everyone on here looks so PUT together LOL in there pictures.

the code LMK has expired but you can use code OSPCOUPON24 to save 40% and it doesn't expire until 12/31/2013....................BTW...beautiful dress

Edited by arhillbilly

------------------------------

beautiful dress Merky

Have a great cruise :)

take care

Cathie

Merky's dress- bigger

attachment.php?attachmentid=285890&d=1378739972

I received the dress and liked it very much but sent it back I need a smaller size, I have attached a picture of the dress I purchased for my granddaughter who will be with us I hope to find a tie or shirt for my husband in a color that will match to have a photo taken, we will granddaughter and I have silver shoes and jewelry . I hope this ok and will not be too matchy.

03996941_zi_green.jpg.072aefe01ace96ba25ef80fce1bca388.jpg

I received the dress and liked it very much but sent it back I need a smaller size, I have attached a picture of the dress I purchased for my granddaughter who will be with us I hope to find a tie or shirt for my husband in a color that will match to have a photo taken, we will granddaughter and I have silver shoes and jewelry . I hope this ok and will not be too matchy.

I like the group photos with something matching on each person. I wouldn't think it that hard to find hubby a tie that color.

I like the group photos with something matching on each person. I wouldn't think it that hard to find hubby a tie that color.

Thanks we don't get many opportunities for a formal picture with our granddaughter she wants to dress up every night on this cruise so I have been buying her cute dresses , she is 16 and very excited :D

Thanks we don't get many opportunities for a formal picture with our granddaughter she wants to dress up every night on this cruise so I have been buying her cute dresses , she is 16 and very excited :D

I understand her thinking. On a cruise I like to dress up each night since I never get to do that in real life. Last cruise I ate in the buffet one night but I still dressed for the evening.

Hope you all have a great cruise!

• 1 month later...

Here are the dresses I took on our B2B in August/Sept. I don't dress up much so I love a deal.

- Black t-shirt dress (Old Navy) with drop waist and draped neck. Wore it to dinner on the first night and then later in the cruise as a beach cover up /port dress. With One Soles shoes that I have 6 toppers for and handmade jewelry.

- Teal satin dress for the first elegant night. $10 at a Cold Water Creek outlet store in Orlando. Wore delicate Swarovski crystal/gold tone jewelry with it. Found shoes with a 2" heel and teal, burgundy and gold embroidery on for $6 at a Value Village used store.

- Burgundy one shoulder dress from a Dress Barn in Niagara Falls for under $20. DH was not crazy about it but I wasn't leaving it for the money. He liked it fine on the cruise. It has some give and is very comfortable. Wore long beige jasper stone dangle earrings. I had wanted to even up my tan lines but I ended up worse after getting burned while on a snorkeling excursion in Aruba.

6074b0cd-9b4b-4a0d-b1c2-29908f6ce7e6_zps23280e63.jpge78c2c52-efb5-4f1e-a67a-02f9bac5ddda_zps476a8b9f.jpg6e8c30c5-9c8c-47b8-abf8-1ec8df4cf1aa_zps8e591ca0.jpg

Edited by KandCsailing

Great dresses and jewelry (and good prices)! The black dress is very versatile (which is why I have come to love a LBD). Teal is one of my favorite colors so I am rather partial to it. I have wanted to try on a one shoulder dress but have never found one in my size. I like the faux wrap look (I have two faux wraps dresses which were surprisingly flattering on me). Good shopping and I hope you had a great cruise showing off your outfits!

Hey ladies,

I'm doing a 10 day med cruise and trying to do it with 20 pounds worth of carryon! Everything has to be worn at least twice. Here are photos of what I intend to wear for evenings...please ignore things like the messy hair and lack of toe polish.

Unlike many women, I tend to under-accessorize, so please offer accessory advice!

Here is a little coral dress and I was lucky enough to find matching earrings (on sale, too) One evening I'll dress it with gold slingbacks and the glitzy little shrug, another evening I'll dress it down with bronze heels and a little cardi.

coraldress_zps46e5d5e8.jpg

th_DSC03576_zps46283f8a.jpg th_DSC03575_zpsd21b47f6.jpg th_DSC03574_zpsed904ee7.jpg

More to come...

I couldn't come up with a way to change up this dress, but I'll wear it one evening in the MDR and one evening in a specialty restaurant. At this point I just have the rhinestone earrings to go with it. The blue ones go with another outfit.

DSC03546_zps593c974f.jpg th_DSC03572_zpsa4994fd6.jpg

I got the little leopard print evening bag specially for this trip, because I figured it went with gold, brown and black!

I think your outfits will work well. You can mix and match almost all of the tops and bottoms and can switch them up with pants to be more casual and with the skirt for a dressier look.

My suggestion for accessorizing would be to add a couple of light weight scarves. Pick patterns that share colors of your outfits, or pick a solid accent color to go with patterned and solid pieces. A long scarf (some are longer than 60”) can even work as a sash. (Maybe one to tie around the band of the coral dress for a totally different look?)

Many have great metallic accents and you can even get the slide on jewelry accents to give them more versatility. I often use the wider ones as a shawl to cover those upper arms.

There are many websites with directions to wear and tie them in different ways.

My suggestion for accessorizing would be to add a couple of light weight scarves.

I like scarves and wear them often in the office, so I tend to think of them as day wear. How would you recommend wearing them with these particular outfits? (but not as a sash...I'm too short-waisted and busty for that. Belts aren't my friend!)