PG Radisson Dress "Code"

CBHinkle

We're going in March for two weeks and have done extensive research..men usually wear

silk shirts/polo's (e.g., tommy bahama, hilo hattie, sundance), dockers/nice pants--tho no shorts/jeans at dinner...no jacket/tie required, tho some men do wear a jacket to keep warm in the Air Conditioned dining room...ladies were

nice sun dresses or even nice Capris...so you're spot on resort casual..another poster

Jim B; put this nice list together:

1)You are probably about packed but I thought I would send you this little helpful packing list.

Take a cheap air matress. Great to use on Tahaa but if you do the beach in Bora Bora it really comes in handy. Just leave it when you are finished.

2)12 ft extention cord if you want to use the hair dryer in the bathroom and not at the dressing table by the bed.

3)some extra hangers

4)No coat and ties!!

5)Here is what I would take if I ever get the opprotunity to go back to FP

2 pair shorts. (khaki & navy or black)

2 pair slacks (khaki & navy or black)Docker style or dress slacks. Either one ok.

3 swim trunks

4 T-shirts (one to wear snorkling)

4 polo /short sleeved sport shirts

1 pair reef shoes

1 pair sandels

1 pair dress shoes

I would pack all the shoes and heavy things in a 16 inch satchell that hooks over a 25 inch suitcase handle. I would take an additional 16 inch satchell which I would use as a carry on.

This way you will not have to worry about the 50 pound per bag limit,(2 bags per person), and when tugging them around the airport you are only pulling one bag with one over your shoulder.

Ladies make adjustments to this list. Sun dresses work fine. Make sure you take a shawl. Perfect for going to dinner.

Don't be afraid to wear something more than once.

You will see that the people who do a lot of traveling do this.

I just returned from 2 weeks on the PG and Col is right on. There were a few jackets and fancy dresses at the Captain's cocktail parties and the French restaurant, but most wore short sleeve shirts. My wife and I hate cold dining rooms, but we never once felt too cold or hot in either dining venue.

I think the bag limit is 70 lbs rather than 50 and would seriously recommend one bag and a small carryon. There are long lines at Tahiti's airport and the people with more than one bag were overburdened.

We take one wheeled suitbag. It contains most or all of our "cruisewear". Shirts, skirts, sundresses, plus shoes etc. It's a heavy bag, but can't imagine it's over 50 pounds. Then we take one good-sized carry-on--we will try to ensure that it contains the clothes for our two-night pre-cruise, but we can always open the suitbag. Then we will have a couple of small carry-ones, just shoulder-briefcases really, for stuff we need on the plane like books and drugs, and my jewellery and camera. Along with my purse, that means 4 carry-ons, and one checked bag. The large carry-on attaches to the big bag for wheeling around the airport.

Oh, and there won't be any sports jackets in there, but there will be at least one shawl :o

On our trip the airlines were pretty adamant that you could not have more than one carry-on (excluding purse). Both American and Air Tahiti Nui have this info on their website and attribute the requirement to Federal security measures.

I recall seeing at least one person being told that she had too many carryon items.

And the limit according to Air Tahiti Nui is 70 lbs per bag.

On all our flights in the past year the airlines were clear about the one carry-on per person in addition to a purse and or briefcase or camera bag. I added to my carry-on capacity by shopping for a replacement for my purse and ended up with a diaper bag by Totes! It works great and even has a handy outside pocket for a bottle of water. I pack a small purse in my luggage to switch to when we reach our destination.

Archived