Question about using a little fan amd iron and ext cord in the room

I have a questions about using a little fan in the room.We have a small fan and would like to take it. But was wondering if they would have one you could use. And do they have a extension cord also you can use. And one more, if you would need a Iron would they let you use one jut to press your things off. I know you can send your shirts out but that could cost you. If you just needed it press off. Thanks

Most ships do NOT allow clothes irons....some cruiselines have laundry rooms for the passengers to use...others don't. RCI has no laundry for passengers and don't allow irons. You option is for the ship to press your things at 1/2 the cost of dry cleaning.

If the fan is in good condition, that shouldn't be a problem to bring. Bring your own extension cord...make sure it's not frayed!

SOMETIMES travel irons get thru the screening and you think its ok to have them, they are supposed to take them though. Many stewards wont say anything to their superiors if they see them because then they feel their tips will be removed. Steam from the shower or downy wrinkle release works fine or you can have garments pressed for half the price of laundering.

April, irons are on the list of prohibited items. I read a review yesterday which said there was a table with at least 50 conviscated irons. They do screen for them. Please do not take one onboard. You may take your fan, though; there are none you can "borrow" from the cruise line.

My small fan (8 inch) was confiscated and held when we packed it in our carry on. I was surprised as I had read so many posts regarding taking fans onboard.

When we retrieved our little fan, it was amongst a whole bunch of clothing irons that were definitely not travel irons, but full sized. There was also a whole bunch of booze bottles and toys that looked like weapons. I'd never noticed this claim table before our incident, now I look over and see the same type of items on it every single cruise.

They are also confiscating extension cords as these can be a very dangerous fire hazard.I fyou need an extension cord for a CPAP machine they will provide one. Irons in your luggage will get you a trip to the naughty room.

They are also confiscating extension cords as these can be a very dangerous fire hazard.I fyou need an extension cord for a CPAP machine they will provide one. Irons in your luggage will get you a trip to the naughty room.

they worry about good extension cords starting fires, & yet allow smoking in cabins-- priorities are mixed up!:eek:

we aways bring a small fan- holmes blizzard jr- along with an extension cord- we pack it in our cked luggage with shoes and drop kits and such- never had it confiscated.

I've seen this before on CC. Don't you mean Dopp kits? I know, a bit picky but Dopp is a name brand, such as this:

http://www.ebags.com/product/dopp/jumbo-kit-w-zip-bottom/17698?productid=63670

17698_1_1?&op_sharpen=1&op_usm=1,1,1&qlt=80&hei=280&wid=280

Archived