Excursion on Labadee a Bust?

piginmud

I recently looked at what excursions were available for our 10/30 sailing on the Oasis of the Seas for Labadee. There are only 5 excursions and nothing seems interesting to me!

Am I the only one out there that's disappointed? Last time I was there (2005), we did a kayaking tour that was lots of fun. This time the only things available are some beach/liquor breaks and 1-2 snorkeling trips.

Am I missed something?

debbie

We did the Malfini Beach excursion.

It was amazing!

Nothing like the other beaches on Labadee, because we also went to the other beaches.

There were about 20 of us.

No mas.

We floated around in the water.

Looked up at the beautiful trees and land of Haiti.

Very quiet.

very enjoyable.

About a 10 - 15 min boat ride from the rest of Labadee.

Highly recommend!

Debbie-

We did the Haitian Cultural Tour. It is a new tour that is offered in Labadee. My group absolutely loved it. You get to relax on the most beautiful beach in Labadee and learn a little something about the island you are visiting. Give it a shot I am sure you will love it! :)

Granted we just did the dragons breath roller coaster.

But offerings included;

Zip line

Water jet skis

Water parasailing

Snorkel excursion

Tour

vendors

Beach for us was at Barefoot,

Free snorkling equipment

water mats

Awesome beach luncheon

Relaxing in the sun was for us.

Safe travels

Sue

When we arrived on Labadee, we walked to Barefoot beach. After the attendent checked our sea passes (Suite Beach) aka Barefoot, we were asked where we would like our beach lounge chairs. We told them and 3 chairs were placed under a tree.

Then the attendant asked us what else we needed, we said, snorkel equipment, ie mask snorkel and fins and two float mats. He got them for us. It must be a suite perk.

He was very helpful, and when we were done we did tip him 10 bucks, for all his help. Taking away our trash getting us sodas and such.

He was very eager to please, but, was not a nuisance.

Safe travels.

Sue

adden:

The snorkel equipment and the float mats were not charged to our account. At no time did they ask for our sea pass cards, once we received our wrist bands. So, this just happenned on July 25th. cruise.

Earlier this evening , the RCCL website listed 21 different "excursions" on Labadee for the 10/30 cruise - so take another look Debbie - I think they add opportunities as the date gets closer. Zipline looks like fun but pretty pricy for about 1 minute while giving up almost 2 hours of beach time.

See you on board!

Charlie and Debbie

Naples, FL

• 5 months later...
labadee is a beach day...there's really no need to spend money at Labadee...just go to the beach, relax, swim, drink, eat....it's all good!

Why don't you give this a rest already...post after post of the same response:rolleyes:...if someone feels that spending some $ to enjoy themselves a bit more is what they want to do, there is NOTHING wrong with it. Just because you don't feel it's worth it doesn't mean the next person feels the same.

Why don't you give this a rest already...post after post of the same response:rolleyes:...if someone feels that spending some $ to enjoy themselves a bit more is what they want to do, there is NOTHING wrong with it. Just because you don't feel it's worth it doesn't mean the next person feels the same.

Sorry to hijack your thoughts bajathree..but her continued response about breakfast in the MDR goes to the same extreme..Some need to live & let live..and not try so hard to up their post count with the same old songs !!!!.;)

LOL. After reading this I just had to chime in and ad that the "cb" in "cb at sea" must mean cheap bastard. ;)

LOL. After reading this I just had to chime in and ad that the "cb" in "cb at sea" must mean cheap bastard. ;)
Really?? That's just wrong & childish. :confused:

From what I understand the trouble with Oct sailings is that there seems to be a cutoff on renegotiating of contracts. I go through the same thing with our Oct Bahamas cruise. The excursions will show up, just give it some time. I never have this problem with other cruises, just the October ones.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived