Sabatini's breakfast

sansan168

When we were on the Ruby in March, I believe it was between 7:30 to 10:00. No matter what he time DON'T pass up this suite perk. This experience alone is worth the extra price.:):):)

Depending on if it is a sea day or a port day, they have had different times that breakfast is available for each. Of course on sea days they extended the hours slightly and were open later whereas on port days it was a bit earlier. I can't remember the exact hours though, sorry, hopefully someone else does.

Depending on if it is a sea day or a port day, they have had different times that breakfast is available for each. Of course on sea days they extended the hours slightly and were open later whereas on port days it was a bit earlier. I can't remember the exact hours though, sorry, hopefully someone else does.

I can't remember the exact hours either, but I would make sure to be there for this no matter what time they were open:

waffles-sabatinis.jpg

monkey-cereal-sabatinis21.jpg

omelet1.jpg

brioche-french-toast1.jpg

eggs-benedict-sabatinis.jpg

poached-eggs.jpg

Okay, I'm hungry now!

Question? We had breakfast once in Sabitin's on the Star 4 yrs. ago. However when we tried on the Golden were told mini-suites were not suites and only they could use this breakfast venue. Were we allowed in error before?:rolleyes:

It is for FULL suite passengers only, not mini-suite passengers. If you got in while in a mini-suite you need to do a HAPPY DANCE!

Question? We had breakfast once in Sabitin's on the Star 4 yrs. ago. However when we tried on the Golden were told mini-suites were not suites and only they could use this breakfast venue. Were we allowed in error before?:rolleyes:

As far as I can remember, the Sabatinis breakfast for full suite passengers didn't even begin until sometime in 2009. That is unless they were just testing it on the ship you sailed on before that time. I know it was not available on the Grand in January of 2009 but it was later in the year.

If this was a 'test run' when they were just trying it out, they may have allowed full suite and mini suite guests as test subjects (that is all I can figure why you were allowed in, or perhaps they were just trying out something else where all passengers were invited to breakfast there).

They now have a list at the door of exactly who is in which full suite, and if you name isn't on the list, they nicely explain to you that it is a full suite perk only. As it stands now, even guests of suite passengers are not allowed to have breakfast at Sabatinis.

You know, when we were on the Golden in Oct. in a full suite we ate there twice in 14 days. We didn't think it was all that great. If it was a prestige thing then you will enjoy it. There was not more than 4 couples in there at any given time. The staff were just standing around with nothing to do. Maybe Princess will re-visit this and allow Elites to go there. Who knows?

When we were on the Ruby in March, I believe it was between 7:30 to 10:00. No matter what he time DON'T pass up this suite perk. This experience alone is worth the extra price.:):):)

Totally agree. Breakfast at Sabatinis is one suite perk you definetely don't want to miss out on.....

Bob

We totally agree with those who find the Sabatini's breakfast a perk not to be missed.

Unlike some posters, we do find the preparation of the food to be special -- at least to our taste. We have had eggs benedict made for us in the main dining room and they do not compare the ones made by the chef in Sabatini's -- at least in our opinion.

Considering the number of full suites and the time spread for the breakfast, that 4-6 tables are generally occupied appears to be the norm.

Having booked full suites on the Golden twice during the past year, we found the attention to detail and service in Sabatini's to be truly outstanding. On the second morning, your Mimosa appears without asking. The Head Waiter and wait staff appear to truly appreciate your coming -- and we appreciated their great service.

We all have different tastes, values, and appreciations-- so try it. If you like it, come back each morning. If not, use one of the other venues.

OK--I love it--from the parfait glass of raspberries etc. are really great to me--once they know how you want a certain thing prepare--that's the way it will be--just like how often to bring coffee to the table--wish our cruise on the Emerald was in a suite--sure going to miss Sabatinis.

As far as when the Sabatinis breakfast started--I think it was fairly new last fall on the Pacific Princess.

Nancy:D

Perhaps this could have been when they were offering brunch in Sabatini's on sea days (for a fee, of course). We did it one time and enjoyed it very much, especially the unlimited mimosas and bloodys. I can't remember when they stopped offering this though.

Hi All

The breakfast is with doubt very good, but it is the level of service that makes it so special, kind of gives you the feeling of how cruising used to be.

May be one day we will have to try a suite.:)

yours Shogun

We totally agree with those who find the Sabatini's breakfast a perk not to be missed.

Unlike some posters, we do find the preparation of the food to be special -- at least to our taste. We have had eggs benedict made for us in the main dining room and they do not compare the ones made by the chef in Sabatini's -- at least in our opinion.

Considering the number of full suites and the time spread for the breakfast, that 4-6 tables are generally occupied appears to be the norm.

Having booked full suites on the Golden twice during the past year, we found the attention to detail and service in Sabatini's to be truly outstanding. On the second morning, your Mimosa appears without asking. The Head Waiter and wait staff appear to truly appreciate your coming -- and we appreciated their great service.

We all have different tastes, values, and appreciations-- so try it. If you like it, come back each morning. If not, use one of the other venues.

While the food is good, it definetely is the outstanding service that makes this a truely memorable experience.....:):):)

Bob

We had this same bunch on the Golden and they really were great. They set the tone for the day.

BTW: We have found that on Princess, the menu is only a guide and with any sort of rapport with the head waiter, one can order virtually anything and it will be made available.

P&J

We had this same bunch on the Golden and they really were great. They set the tone for the day.

BTW: We have found that on Princess, the menu is only a guide and with any sort of rapport with the head waiter, one can order virtually anything and it will be made available.

P&J

Yes. From left to right are Cornel, Claudio, Doru, and David.

Archived