Open Cabin Doors when you board the ship!

love_cruises

The last cruise we went on was about 4 years ago. We are going in Dec. with a group of 10 and I have something to put in the cabins of all the people we are with. Now I can't remember if it was Princess or Royal Caribbean that had the cabin doors open for you when you got on the ship. This could have changed by now also. If some of you that cruise alot and have just been on a cruise could let me know that would be great. Our cabins are all right next door.

The last cruise we went on was about 4 years ago. We are going in Dec. with a group of 10 and I have something to put in the cabins of all the people we are with. Now I can't remember if it was Princess or Royal Caribbean that had the cabin doors open for you when you got on the ship. This could have changed by now also. If some of you that cruise alot and have just been on a cruise could let me know that would be great. Our cabins are all right next door.

The doors are not left standing open anymore but you can access your cabin with your key right after boarding.

Just got off the Star last week and the cabin doors were all open when we boarded. Frankly, I like looking into the empty cabins to compare...so not an issue for me. Obviously, once you board and get your key, the doors are locked.

Nice of you to treat your friends to a surprize. If the doors on your ship are not open, I am sure the room stewart (probably the same one since you are all side by side) would help you with placing the items in their cabins. Also, you may not want to leave something of value in their cabins with the doors open, so you may want to get the stewarts help in the process so their doors remain closed.

Just my opinion...good luck. Enjoy!

Princess does not leave the cabin doors open.

If you want to distribute paper or something thin like that, you can slide it under the door. There is also a mail place next to the door of each cabin if the item(s) are bigger and fairly inexpensive.

If the items are a bit bigger and more valuable, maybe you can enlist your cabin steward into placing the items into the desired rooms... Our Stewarts have always been very happy to help with tasks like these!:):)

The doors were all open when we got on board the Golden last month. We were some of the very first ones on, so it was neat to see all the rooms.

Same here on the Caribbean Princess last week. Once we arrived at our cabin, we closed/locked the door, and it remained that way afterwards.

Sometimes they're open; sometimes closed. We were on the Crown in January and doors were open. We were on the Ruby in April. Doors were closed. We were on the Emerald in June. Doors were open. Go figure. :confused:

Yes I used to just pick a cabin to settle in if I liked it better then my first choice.

It was my way of awarding an upgrade. ;)

Keith, what a novel idea. I think I will try that next week on The Golden.:D:D

Mike:)

Yes I used to just pick a cabin to settle in if I liked it better then my first choice.

Now I know that I will board as early as possible. I can get the Grand Suite and claim "squatter's rights"! Great idea!

Too funny.

I've never seen the doors standing open (not since the age of real room keys) on any ship I've boarded, unless the steward was in there doing last-minute cleaning. Now, on disembarkation day, that's when all the doors seem to be propped open. The minute you step out of your cabin for the last time, Stewart swoops in and props that door open.

Haven't seen the cabin door left open in quite a while.... if you have something for your friends, hand it to the cabin steward. Last year I left a small gift for a friend on her door handle in a bag and she never received it. Hope the person who got the facial mask enjoyed it :p

Also a funny story, friends of our board early and they always carry their own suitcases on as they pack light (unique I know) well they settle into their cabin as the door was open, unpack and are relaxing when two guys knock on their door. Yup you guessed it, they were in the wrong cabin. They had to pack up and change rooms. So I am glad they close the doors now. Or at least seem to close them on some ships.

Cabin doors are mostly closed, but when boarding early one might find them open while the stewarD is finalizing the cabin preparations.

Don't forget that each cabin has a message holder with cabin number immediately outside the cabin which is where ads and Princess Patters may be found. When we've left messages we've put them in these message holders.

Cabin doors are mostly closed, but when boarding early one might find them open while the stewarD is finalizing the cabin preparations.

Don't forget that each cabin has a message holder with cabin number immediately outside the cabin which is where ads and Princess Patters may be found. When we've left messages we've put them in these message holders.

Stewart is a play on words...

Archived